MATCH: Yeovil Town (A) 22/04/23

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

4 games in a row .. when was the last time that happened ? and if (IF) we kept a clean sheet ... come on ..... this has typical Latics written all over it as Yeovil are gone 

Assuming league games only - 5 wins in a row across end of 07/08 and start of 08/09 season under Shez.

Cheltenham H 2-1

Crewe A 4-1

Millwall H 4-3

Leeds A 2-0

Cheltenham H 4-0

If you include cup games 17/18 season under Wellens (boooo): Peterboro H 3-2, Portsmouth A 2-1, Crewe A (FLT) 1-0, Blackburn H 1-0.

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Assuming league games only - 5 wins in a row across end of 07/08 and start of 08/09 season under Shez.

Cheltenham H 2-1

Crewe A 4-1

Millwall H 4-3

Leeds A 2-0

Cheltenham H 4-0

If you include cup games 16/17 season under Wellens (boooo): Peterboro H 3-2, Portsmouth A 2-1, Crewe A (FLT) 1-0, Blackburn H 1-0.

Can I ask. 

Do you write stats down, and consult your book? Or do you just research it? 

It always fascinates me how some fans can recall games, scores, goal scorers, and the interest in enjoying such largely useless detail. (In a nice way 😁👍🏻

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Can I ask. 

It always fascinates me how some fans can recall games, scores, goal scorers, and the interest in enjoying such largely useless detail. (In a nice way 😁👍🏻

I have good recall of certain games but generally need to research the finer details of most stuff now.

When I was younger though, my knowledge was encyclopaedic 😃

And for chrissakes, I can’t even remember what the score was earlier this season in the home game 😮

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I have good recall of certain games but generally need to research the finer details of most stuff now.

When I was younger though, my knowledge was encyclopaedic 😃

And for chrissakes, I can’t even remember what the score was earlier this season in the home game 😮

The better the product, the easier it is to recall it. Constant shit just melts together. 

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Can I ask. 

Garth Dykes and Stewart Beckett have written several books that are replete with facts and figures (although not covering the last few years).

Plus, being bashful, the club programme for the last couple of years has had history of matches, people and programmes in a series of articles by James Reade, Nathan Radcliffe, and ehem , me. All zingers to read. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

The better the product, the easier it is to recall it. Constant shit just melts together. 

Thank fuck for that.  I'm the same as TBD and sometimes wonder if I should go and see a doctor...

14 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Cheltenham H 2-1

Crewe A 4-1

Millwall H 4-3

Leeds A 2-0

Cheltenham H 4-0

If you include cup games 16/17 season under Wellens (boooo): Peterboro H 3-2, Portsmouth A 2-1, Crewe A (FLT) 1-0, Blackburn H 1-0.

I think that was 17/18 but yes it was under Wellens, what a great start he made.......

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

Can I ask. 

Excel

I don't know if we should read too much into Rooney being dropped or not but given his performance on Tuesday I would have chosen Tollit over Chapman to replace him.

Probably no surprise to see Nuttall back starting. We didn't hold the ball up on Tuesday and he does give us that. Incidentally him and Reid have actually scored 26 goals between them this national league season (obviously not all for us) but it's proof they can hit the back of the net and are pretty natrual partnership together I feel.

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Rooney not even on the bench…according to Unsworth he wasn’t injured when subbed off last week.

Could be on his way maybe??

Or just rested with no need for speculative rumours. :D 
Chapman scored a good goal so maybe that's why.

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't know if we should read too much into Rooney being dropped or not but given his performance on Tuesday I would have chosen Tollit over Chapman. Probably no surprise to see Nuttall back starting. We didn't hold the ball up on Tuesday and he does give us that.

Incidentally him and Reid have actually scored 26 goals between them this national league season (obviously not all for us) but it's proof they can hit the back of the net and are pretty natrual partnership together I feel.

I'm not sure how them scoring lots of goals for other teams and when the other isn't playing proves they are a natural partnership

Archived