MATCH: Yeovil Town (A) 22/04/23

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Agree. Ridiculous thought pattern behind that.

Seems like a nice bloke too - always seems genuinely happy when posing for photos with fans, etc on matchdays.  The kind of person you want at your club...

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

So…I take it the Unsworth outers are slowly coming around to the idea that he deserves at least another season?

Well looks like they are playing for him, which is half the battle.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So…I take it the Unsworth outers are slowly coming around to the idea that he deserves at least another season?

Only stupid people don't change their mind. Had we lost all 4 and not scored I would have been edging towards Unsworth out, but if the evidence changes so too will rational people's opinions. So some of those who wanted him out will be slowly coming round to the idea that we don't need to sack the manager.

The recovery since the thumping at Wrexham has been impressive it's a Shame their isn't another 10 games to go we might just have got the play offs.

ALL ABOARD!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yeah, I can't put it down to luck anymore.

I'd like to think that people calling for him to sacked is driving him on though, so not to upset the status quo...

Unsworth Out!

Closer to Play-offs than we are relegation, crazy to say we’ve been in a relegation fight most of the season.

Credit where credit is due, DU is turning things around. Yes, it’s not pretty, but winning football matches trumps pretty football. 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Only stupid people don't change their mind. Had we lost all 4 and not scored I would have been edging towards Unsworth out, but if the evidence changes so too should people opinions so some of those who wanted him out will be slowly coming round to the idea that we don't need to sack the manager.

The recovery since the thumping at Wrexham has been impressive it's a Shame their isn't another 10 games to go we might just have got the play offs.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Only stupid people don't change their mind. Had we lost all 4 and not scored I would have been edging towards Unsworth out, but if the evidence changes so too should people opinions so some of those who wanted him out will be slowly coming round to the idea that we don't need to sack the manager.

A few decent additions to the squad with players who can create more chances and we should be challenging next season, Wrexham and Notts County aside, I haven't seen many other teams which have that quality.

1 minute ago, hillside blue said:

A few decent additions to the squad with players who can create more chances and we should be challenging next season, Wrexham and Notts County aside, I haven't seen many other teams which have that quality.

Absolutely. It's the 5th tier so their will not be much quality around if we are to get out of this division at times we will have to grind out the results. We don't have to be prime Pep Barcelona we just have to be better than the other team we are playing more times than anyoneelse.

15 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

4 wins in a row

4 clean sheets

Aggregate 8-0

But...but...but it's shit football UNSWORTH OUT!

A perfect scenario is having an exciting, attacking team scoring loads of goals, but that is fantasy land.

What we have is a hard working team, playing for the shirt, throwing themselves in front of balls. That is all we can ask for from this team and we are getting that.

A win makes any match seem good and especially a 3-0 win will definitely keep a smile on my face for the rest of the weekend!!!

Great win even against a relegated side.Glad Fondup scored a brace.Last time I saw him do that was down at Newport when he came over to our fans at the end  and was mobbed.

I'd start with him and Reid .Big game next week v Bromley who are  playing for a play off position.

I want us to avenge the  drubbing we got down at their dump of a ground. 

Credit where its due to Unsworth and with decent signings we should be pushing for promotion.What a change from when we were in the relegation zone.

2 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Great win even against a relegated side.Glad Fondup scored a brace.Last time I saw him do that was down at Newport when he came over to our fans at the end  and was mobbed.

I'd start with him and Reid .Big game next week v Bromley who are  playing for a play off position.

I want us to avenge the  drubbing we got down at their dump of a ground. 

Credit where its due to Unsworth and with decent signings we should be pushing for promotion.What a change from when we were in the relegation zone.

Bromley guaranteed 6th or 7th now and so will probably rest players next week. 

Archived