MATCH: Yeovil Town (A) 22/04/23

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

How many points have we dropped in the last ten minutes? Interesting to know. means nothing, but it would still be interesting.

I can't be arsed looking back.

I’d hazard a guess we’ve won as many points in the last 10 as we have lost them, or it’d be relatively close.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I make that 7 bookings each for Hogan and Sheron this season. I wonder what the club record in a season is 😆

Most recently was Gardner's 13 in the 17/18 season I think.

Makes me laugh how people quickly go to the other side to show how enlightened they are - completely forgetting they have been calling him to go themselves. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

He his run up-to Christmas was dire, and he rightly got criticised. 

His run since Christmas was been good- and he should take the praise. 

Can't remember the last time I've seen us win a match that comfortably when I've been at the game.  Yeovil probably had more of the ball than us until they got to the final 3rd, but once there they looked useless and I didn't really feel that Latics were going to concede.  I now understand why Mark Cooper complained about their recruitment because their front 3 reminded me of our attack for most of last season where each individual player looked OK but none of them looked capable of combining with each other.

We aren't set up to be world beaters but we looked very organised and the only player who looked out of place for us in the game was Chapman, who I wouldn't be thrilled with us trying sign next season.  Everyone else played their part and looked comfortable in their roles so Unsworth definitely deserves credit for getting them to that point.  Sheron and Shelton aren't a creative midfield duo, but the Yeovil midfield looked lightweight in comparison and I'd rather not sacrifice physicality in the middle of the park for a skilful player who would get overran.

Great work by Kitching and a calm finish by Green for the first, very unselfish and smart play by Sambou for our 2nd, great control of the ball by Fondop to keep the ball down for the 3rd.  We finally look like being a top half side in a league for the first time in nearly a decade and a half and we can realistically look at pushing towards the promotion places next season.  It feels good.

20 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I see in Dave's post match interview he says we will be recruiting "1 or 2" in the summer after saying 8 or 9 at the fans forum. Really hope that "2 or 3" was a sort of figure of speech rather than literally 🙄

I imagine "one or two" is a figure of speech and could easily mean eight or nine, although personally, I cannot see that amount of new players coming in. Three or four new decent players for this level is probably more like it, with further recruitment during the season.

Good on Fondop for bagging a couple, just to remind Unsworth what he can do, either as a sub or a starter. I really hope Latics beat Bromley next week, ending with a decent run and a good atmosphere at BP. Makes you think what could have been or maybe will be.

On the way home from the game. 
Enjoyed the day. Proper ground, unlike the many southern leisure centre set ups 😂

Good following from Latics at the end behind the goal and part of one side.

Usual defensively organised unit and made the most of the chances we got. 
I thought Yarney and Kitching stood out for us, especially first half. Chapman was poor though, so slow to react and was to blame for Hogan having to take a booking. Hogan went ballistic at Chapman and rightly so. I actually thought we looked better when Fondop and Sambou were up too together than our first choice pairing.,

I was chatting to a couple of Yeovil fans after the game and they’re worried they might not even have a club next season due to the off field issues. Sad news for a club who were not long ago in the Championship.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Can't remember the last time I've seen us win a match that comfortably when I've been at the game.  Yeovil probably had more of the ball than us until they got to the final 3rd, but once there they looked useless and I didn't really feel that Latics were going to concede.  I now understand why Mark Cooper complained about their recruitment because their front 3 reminded me of our attack for most of last season where each individual player looked OK but none of them looked capable of combining with each other.

We aren't set up to be world beaters but we looked very organised and the only player who looked out of place for us in the game was Chapman, who I wouldn't be thrilled with us trying sign next season.  Everyone else played their part and looked comfortable in their roles so Unsworth definitely deserves credit for getting them to that point.  Sheron and Shelton aren't a creative midfield duo, but the Yeovil midfield looked lightweight in comparison and I'd rather not sacrifice physicality in the middle of the park for a skilful player who would get overran.

Great work by Kitching and a calm finish by Green for the first, very unselfish and smart play by Sambou for our 2nd, great control of the ball by Fondop to keep the ball down for the 3rd.  We finally look like being a top half side in a league for the first time in nearly a decade and a half and we can realistically look at pushing towards the promotion places next season.  It feels good.

Had us down as no better than lower to mid table and really couldn't see beyond that, I wasn't alone.

But, I'll hold up my hand and say just how bloody good it is to see us winning game after game and it's nothing personal towards David Unsworth,

For, I really couldn't care less who's incharge as long as that's happening more often than not.

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

You should know, you were one of them

Some have been anti Unsworth from day one, I certainly wasn’t…..We’ve all been guilty of Unsworth out calls at varying stages of the season especially immediately after some of the dire performances we’ve witnessed but it can’t be denied that he is turning the tide.

Its still not great to watch but it will be interesting to see the calibre of players he brings in and how we start the new season.

He has definitely earned the opportunity to try and make a success of it!

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Makes me laugh how people quickly go to the other side to show how enlightened they are - completely forgetting they have been calling him to go themselves. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

He his run up-to Christmas was dire, and he rightly got criticised. 

His run since Christmas was been good- and he should take the praise. 

That's  where I stand as well.Many others as well.

could anybody knock up a Fondop montage? only Latics could have a beefcake left footed striker who only bangs in screamers from outside the box and call him a carthorse, even want him released 🙄

dense as fuck

ps if you could also incude him Chinnin people in the montage that would be even better. great 'character' for a non league title push 😍

12 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I see in Dave's post match interview he says we will be recruiting "1 or 2" in the summer after saying 8 or 9 at the fans forum. Really hope that "2 or 3" was a sort of figure of speech rather than literally 🙄

Do we need that many new signings? 

We need a right-back and a good midfielder, but surely we want to take this run into next season so could do with some stability? 

What we don't want is being crap for the first few months of the season in the name of waiting for the team to "gel"...

Just now, JoeP said:

Do we need that many new signings? 

We need a right-back and a good midfielder, but surely we want to take this run into next season so could do with some stability? 

What we don't want is being crap for the first few months of the season in the name of waiting for the team to "gel"...

right back centre back two centre mids two footed winger striker

thats assuming Green is staying

Archived