Playing Squad - Summer 23

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can you name the last one to do it at this kind of level?

Not really and can’t be arsed checking but not many 33 year old strikers tend to drop out of League 1 to play in the National league.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

A 34yo isn't scoring 30 goals.

He's got 17 in 37 so far, but apparently hasn't performed and isn't living up to expectations. If it's so unthinkable for a 34yo to score 30 goals, what are these expectations that he apparently isn't living up to?

7 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

He's got 17 in 37 so far, but apparently hasn't performed and isn't living up to expectations. If it's so unthinkable for a 34yo to score 30 goals, what are these expectations that he apparently isn't living up to?

I can't imagine whoever signed him did so thinking 17 goals would be an acceptable haul.

53 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

2 in 3.

In this team?😂😂You are deluded!!

You said yourself I was talking bollocks expecting him to score 30+ in this division…make your mind up!!

Edited by oafc1955

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

In this team?😂😂You are deluded!!

You said yourself I was talking bollocks expecting him to score 30+ in this division…make your mind up!!

That would have been the expectation, however unrealistic I may believe it to be.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That would have been the expectation, however unrealistic I may believe it to be.

You were asked what a reasonable expectation would have been!

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

2 in 3.

So 30+ goals over a 46-game season? Not sure how that "reasonable expectation" tallies with your earlier contention that a 34yo scoring 30 goals is never going to happen, Rob... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

So 30+ goals over a 46-game season? Not sure how that "reasonable expectation" tallies with your earlier contention that a 34yo scoring 30 goals is never going to happen, Rob... 

Don’t waste your time, it’s pointless!! 😂😂

4 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

See above

Just now, OneSizeFitz said:

😅 I give up... 

It's not hard, I don't think it is realistic for a guy in his mid 30s to score so frequently, those who signed him obviously did or else they wouldn't have done so.

2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Mullin

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It's not hard, I don't think it is realistic for a guy in his mid 30s to score so frequently, those who signed him obviously did or else they wouldn't have done so.

Some grade a stuff here eyresy. You said he hasn’t lived up to expectations. Just to check, is it your expectation he’s not lived up to or the board’s with his 1 in 2?

Just now, nzlatic said:

Some grade a stuff here eyresy. You said he hasn’t lived up to expectations. Just to check, is it your expectation he’s not lived up to or the board’s with his 1 in 2?

I can't imagine they thought he would only be on 17 goals at this stage of the season, no.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

They didn't sign James Norwood to score 17 goals and be 9th in the table, that is just facts.

But it’s not Norwood’s fault we are 9th is it!🥱