Playing Squad - Summer 23

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So you are saying despite being happy here he agreed but didn't actually sign a new  contract?

No.

He agreed a deal. It had an option for next season, an option the club could implement. 

He played really well. Got all the awards. Club, rightly agreed to look at an improved deal. 

Talks went that badly that the club aren't implementing the option.

He was happy with the wages in February and then asking for the earth in April / May. 

6 minutes ago, Shrek said:

No.

He agreed a deal. It had an option for next season, an option the club could implement. 

He played really well. Got all the awards. Club, rightly agreed to look at an improved deal. 

He was happy with the wages in February and then asking for the earth in April / May. 

Ah well. Fuck him. 

Next. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shrek said:

No.

If talks went badly why did he agree to stay on another season?

Josef Yarney has agreed an extension to remain at the club until the end of the 2023/24 season.

Just now, BP1960 said:

If talks went badly why did he agree to stay on another season?

Josef Yarney has agreed an extension to remain at the club until the end of the 2023/24 season.

Dear me. I give up.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, GKing521 said:

If he doesn’t want to be here then let him go. The hysteria surrounding him is ridiculous.

Exactly, the arsing about that goes on is ridiculous. A decent half season and suddenly he’s Roberto Maldini 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

No, Yarney is still here until its officially announced otherwise.  

Yarney was quite clearly on the negotiating section of the retained list. He is not here next season as it stands. Baffles me why people don’t understand this. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

In hindsight, voting him as player of the season and giving him all the accolades has been counterproductive. Defo been used as a bargaining tool. 

as was said before it happened by a certain yellow power plant owner.

Norman was the correct Player of the Season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Yarney was quite clearly on the negotiating section of the retained list. He is not here next season as it stands. Baffles me why people don’t understand this. 

was funny when somebody quoted me and told us it was all straightforward and simple. he was staying 100% and anybody whom did not understand this was a proper ficko. cba to trawl back and embarrass them 🤣

On 6/10/2023 at 9:11 AM, Monty Burns said:

was funny when somebody quoted me and told us it was all straightforward and simple. he was staying 100% and anybody whom did not understand this was a proper ficko. cba to trawl back and embarrass them 🤣

To be fair no one saw the club pulling his option. Yarney is / was tied into it already. 

5 minutes ago, redlion said:

Oh ffs, Yarney's become a Yawney subject.

l can understand him valuing himself, but if the club haven't already moved to a new target then they probably should do. or pay the going rate for the player of the 'season'.

l can accept him winning it, but l'd be embarrassed if l voted for him.

If he can secure a better contract elsewhere on the strength of his performances last season I wouldn’t blame him for moving on. It’s a short career, especially at this level. He’s never played in the EFL and will be 26 in October. There’s no guarantee we’ll go up next season so that would be another 2 seasons in the National league for him.

It could be his one chance to earn some decent money..you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do!

• Like 1

ld disagree and say everybody with working eyes saw something going on and that's why it became a question. which somebody then tried to make me look silly over but only made themselves look a bit silly, that's all really.

it wouldnt be the first time the new regime 'pulled out' of a deal after a lowball offer, only to then pay the going rate.

without knowing the details l'd stop short of sayin just pay him. ld like him on board, but he isnt exactly Beckenbauer.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If he can secure a better contract elsewhere on the strength of his performances last season I wouldn’t blame him for moving on. It’s a short career, especially at this level. He’s never played in the EFL and will be 26 in October. There’s no guarantee we’ll go up next season so that would be another 2 seasons in the National league for him.

It could be his one chance to earn some decent money..you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do!

Sort of agree, but he did play for Mac on loan for half a season in league 2 before going to Chesterfield I think, where I guess he was on decent money.

He joined us on Jan 7th which was directly linked to our upturn in form, so I'm sure we have offered him what we believe he is worth wages and contract length wise.

If he turns us down then its disappointing but we only want players here next season that are 100% committed to Oldham Athletic.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 12:23 AM, LightDN123 said:

Still here till June 30th?