Playing Squad - Summer 23

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Looks like he has been pulling his own

His agent sounds like he's been pulling something for sure.

Signed his side when he extended the contract until the end of last season. 

To be clear with the information. Yarney signed a deal until the end of 22/23 with the club having the option to extend until the end of 23/24. All clubs do these, United have the clause in almost all their deals for example. 

The negotiations the club entered were for a better wage and a longer contract due to his decent showing. 

The club could have just taken up the option and have him on the same wages. 

The fact the talks have gone so badly says a lot about Yarney IMO and may explain his shit show of a career. He was happy with the wages in the deal in February and was then demanding stupid money a matter of a few months later.

The club don't want him, even on last years wages is what I am being told.

17 minutes ago, Shrek said:

To be clear with the information. Yarney signed a deal until the end of 22/23 with the club having the option to extend until the end of 23/24. All clubs do these, United have the clause in almost all their deals for example. 

The negotiations the club entered were for a better wage and a longer contract due to his decent showing. 

The fact the talks have gone so badly says a lot about Yarney IMO and may explain his shit show of a career. He was happy with the wages in the deal in February and was then demanding stupid money a matter of a few months later.

Blimey! Maybe he needs to change agents.

33 minutes ago, Shrek said:

l can see why the club would be fuming, we would have been well within our rights to renew it, make him train with the C Team and transfer list him! but we are better than that, these days.

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l can see why the club would be fuming, we would have been well within our rights to renew it, make him train with the C Team and transfer list him! but we are better than that, these days.

Good job he wasn’t here under the Lemmies!😂😂

• Like 2

I'll be sad to se him go as he provided a bit of much needed pace to our back four but if they don't want to be part of our future "jog on".

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Good job he wasn’t here under the Lemmies!😂😂

They were trying to get rid of players who wanted to stay by making them train with the kids instead of negotiating a mutually agreeable leaving deal. Which left a bad taste all round. 👎

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

37 minutes ago, Shrek said:

The club went half way to his demands so they weren't not trying to sort him a decent rise in wages.

As a recent addition to the ITK lads, does your contact at the club know why its dragging on then? Seems to me, if you are correct that is, that Yarney can just walk if the club no longer want him...

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

As a recent addition to the ITK lads, does your contact at the club know why its dragging on then? Seems to me, if you are correct that is, that Yarney can just walk if the club no longer want him...

Many seem to think the contracts aren't done yet for last season, not sure myself when they usually end.

Not sure why no announcement. Maybe both are hoping the other will say sorry 1st. It could also be there is a cut off for the option? If that's 30th June for example he can't go elsewhere until then. If he's pissed the club off enough they may be happy saying nowt as he's in no mans land.

Not asked and won't be doing.

11 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Many seem to think the contracts aren't done yet for last season, not sure myself when they usually end.

Not sure why no announcement. Maybe both are hoping the other will say sorry 1st. It could also be there is a cut off for the option? If that's 30th June for example he can't go elsewhere until then. If he's pissed the club off enough they may be happy saying nowt as he's in no mans land.

Standard FIFA / UEFA contracts end on June 30th, this applies to all clubs in the English and Scottish Leagues system. This also applies to non-league clubs in England. "The FA's rules will apply in respect of all matters concerning players"

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/leagues/12323_1673356786.pdf

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Shrek said:

I would imagine something will be made public before 29th June otherwise half the questions at the fans forum will be about Yarney!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I would imagine something will be made public before 29th June otherwise half the questions at the fans forum will be about Yarney!

Indeed and I'd also expect they may also want to bring in another signing or 2 before then just to try and keep the mood fairly upbeat and probably an announcement on the kit too.

As for Yarney well he's clearly showed he's more than competent but I hope and expect that for any player we have or are in negotiations with that the club know their price and don't get fleeced by any agents.

So if he's asking for too much let him go they're always will be someone who offers you more money in pretty much any profession but the grass isn't always greener on the otherside we offer players a good home these days and he'd be well looked after here. I'd be dissapointed if he went but I'd be confident we could find an out of contract CB who would be good for us to replace him.

• Like 2

So I think we are saying he is under contract to the end of June and the club could enforce the original option.

It appears his agent thinks he is worth much more.

His agent needs to earn his money- find him a new club  on more money after the option expires but he can't sign until after the option exercise date.

I'm sure there will be some clubs doing the annual 'crap I need a new squad in a month' dance we are so familiar with from seasons past. I'm less sure they will be throwing good money around.

If he signs before end of June can we exercise the option and demand a fee? Or do we just say good riddance?

Either way I'd agree with the posters above- we only want players who are committed.

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve still got a squad 30 players which is far too many.

There’s the prospect of at least one more coming in so we definitely need to get at least another 4 or 5 out the door.

It doesn't take much, looking at the list, to know which players need to go. Such a refreshing change from previous seasons and I am now apologising for any shit I threw at Unsworth and his team. Genuinely looking forward to the coming season now.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve still got a squad 30 players which is far too many.

There’s the prospect of at least one more coming in so we definitely need to get at least another 4 or 5 out the door.

Easier said than done. The Lemsagam legacy lingers on 

14 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Yep, and will be until the end of the coming season.

Xmas l reckon.

think a couple will take 85% pay offs this summer and a couple more at Xmas.

they can use the mortgage money bc it will save us a fair few grand by next summer.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How many have we in the squad now?                  

Unsworth has said we have 19 fit players at the moment, and can only imagine Mgahey is currently injured., so I’m guessing he’s told a few they won’t be in it. Whether we can get shut is another matter.