Playing Squad - Summer 23

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

Come on Dave, which bit? 

As I went onto say- it’s difficult to measure their working hours as 55 says - it’s indeterminate. 

So I think £330 for a Sutton level player is fair- do you not? 

Absolutely not… I’d be looking for a bit more than that at 21!!

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely not… I’d be looking for a bit more than that at 21!!

I can’t be arsed looking- but I’d think the average National league player is on 7/800 a week. 

Sutton’s next contract will be more towards that level. 

But the one he’s on will have been signed when he had very little first team experience and was effectively a youth player coming through. On that basis I think it’s fair. But like I say, he’s come on now and will rightly be looking for more out of next one. 

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Both will be given a chance and if they do not show enough, both will be released at the end of the season I reckon… 

I'm trying to recall the last youth released who went on to prove that was a wrong decision. Struggling.

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

that Simms guy or Festus Arthur

Simms has a massive asterisk on it, the Lemsagams let him leave for free because they knew they were leaving. 

Festus Arthur is a reasonable shout but only because Stockport made money on him. He's at this level, so not exactly set the world alight, but making money is more than nothing.

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

that Simms guy or Festus Arthur

Well Simms scored the other day in a six one defeat.

Seems to be the conclusion that nobody can think of a youth player that we have released that has gone on to prove that decision was wrong.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Had a year off with a broken leg ( second break !).

club have looked after him. which is rather unusual but is only to be commended. by sane people of course, l am aware we do have a calibre of fan who thinks we should bin him off heartlessly with the 3rd choice Keeper and put the £21.50 we save towards signing Rhys James from Chelsea.

• Like 2