Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

6 hours ago, Ackey said:

He doesn't owe us shit. We offered him a contract and he took it. He did a good job, which we paid him for. He's in literally zero debt to the club in any way whatsoever. 

So much for kissing the club badge.

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Just hearing him talk on the official site That's the first time I think I've ever heard him Speak. I reckon he might have had a 2 week holiday to Turkey sometime in the last couple of years too 😀

But seriously good to have him back he clearly cares about the club and is a good coach too.

Edited by GlossopLatic

On 6/8/2023 at 12:05 AM, yarddog73 said:

I've seen a bit of Willoughby and he'd probably be the best finisher we've signed for a number of years, great composure in front of goal and finds the bottom corner with ease, be interesting how Unsworth pairs them up if we go with a two Nuttall, Fondop, Reid, Willoughby is some strikeforce at this level.

The new Yorke, Cole, Sheringham, Solskjaer

4 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

How confident is everyone on Ward?

Done deal apparently, it's difficult to announce if the players not in the country although we did have a deal in place for Niall Maher last pre season that fell through when everything was seemingly agreed and he went on holiday only to turn up at Grimsby. 

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Greens re signed 

Think he's still a work in progress, despite being 26.

Great pace, can chip in with goals and well worth keeping on in the squad. Hopefully more to come from him.

51 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Great pace, can chip in with goals and well worth keeping on in the squad. Hopefully more to come from him.

I think he's more of a goalscoring winger than a winger who slings in crosses. He had a habit of either latching onto through balls and also arriving at the back post for crosses for a tap in. He's more likely to chip in with 10-15 goals than 10-15 assists.

Happy with this signing though It's about options and he certainly gives us an option 

56 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Is he quicker than the great Dylan Fage? Fage had pace, you know. Roy reminded several times in every match. 

8 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Just one more signing to come in the near future it sounds like.

I think we need about 3 more really, 4 if we’re showing Yarney the door.

Not entirely confident at the moment.

Presume it’s Ward coming in…

Just now, GKing521 said:

Just one more signing to come in the near future it sounds like.

I think we need about 3 more really, 4 if we’re showing Yarney the door.

Not entirely confident at the moment.

Relax, we have done some good business this week and the Ward deal is as good as done, I'm pretty sure that won't be it.

On paper with or without Yarney we already have a squad that will be well in the mix and rightly any signing now would need to significantly improve us, I'd still go after Ripley a centre half/rightback and another quality midfielder. With the 5 subs you have to keep the squad manageable we have over twenty players signed up already so there's no rush and there still may be four or five who decide to move on Leutwiler, Couto, Gardner, Burgess, Tollit, Hope, Luamba, Windass and Rooney may all prefer to explore other options, recruitment appears to be well set out and I'm a lot happier at the end of this week than i was last.  

The squads taking shape, good characters and players on the up who can still improve, I've read a few bits today on Twatter about us not being competitive which is frankly bullshit, everything about the place is positive at the minute and we are still about 4 weeks away from the first friendly, for the first time in a couple of decades we are going into the season expecting to go up I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Relax, we have done some good business this week and the Ward deal is as good as done, I'm pretty sure that won't be it.

On paper with or without Yarney we already have a squad that will be well in the mix and rightly any signing now would need to significantly improve us, I'd still go after Ripley a centre half/rightback and another quality midfielder. With the 5 subs you have to keep the squad manageable we have over twenty players signed up already so there's no rush and there still may be four or five who decide to move on Leutwiler, Couto, Gardner, Burgess, Tollit, Hope, Luamba, Windass and Rooney may all prefer to explore other options, recruitment appears to be well set out and I'm a lot happier at the end of this week than i was last.  

The squads taking shape, good characters and players on the up who can still improve, I've read a few bits today on Twatter about us not being competitive which is frankly bullshit, everything about the place is positive at the minute and we are still about 4 weeks away from the first friendly, for the first time in a couple of decades we are going into the season expecting to go up I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.

I wouldn't bother going for Ripley. Which of the 3 would you then leave out?