Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

18 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

I said earlier that we had 5 signatures ready to come in. 

The 3 permanents are what I was told, the last two haven’t worked out. I believe from my source that we are offering two players plus cash for the Scunthorpe player. Hope and the lad who plays on the wing (Tollitt) apparently. The 5th player will sign this week.

Two loan players already done.

Happy days…

Loans from the EFL. What positions?

So it seems that Rooney, Tollitt and Yarney are on their way out. Rooney was our only midfield player who could put his foot on the ball and play a bit, Yarney was the player of the year and Tollit top scorer until Unsworth dropped him. 
We’ve no idea if the replacements are better but everyone seems happy with it all.

37 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

If I can then  use my Schrodinger's quiet golden cat .

If he is bombing up and down the right wing, generally playing crap and you sneak outside for a quick ciggie to boos ringing out from the JR stand, has he given the ball away or has he been clattered into the fancy perimeter fencing?

If the latter, does he suffer mild electric shocks?

If so, do said shocks improve his passing skills; consequently doubling his  chances of being clattered into the fancy perimeter fencing?

Shrodinger's paradoxical cat

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

So it seems that Rooney, Tollitt and Yarney are on their way out. Rooney was our only midfield player who could put his foot on the ball and play a bit, Yarney was the player of the year and Tollit top scorer until Unsworth dropped him. 
We’ve no idea if the replacements are better but everyone seems happy with it all.

But always two ways of looking at it:

Rooney is a stroppy/sulky non-team player

Yarney's demands are unreasonable

Our rate of scoring increased after Tollitt fell out of favour

That's football...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

If he is bombing up and down the right wing, generally playing crap and you sneak outside for a quick ciggie to boos ringing out from the JR stand, has he given the ball away or has he been clattered into the fancy perimeter fencing?

If the latter, does he suffer mild electric shocks?

If so, do said shocks improve his passing skills; consequently doubling his  chances of being clattered into the fancy perimeter fencing?

Shrodinger's paradoxical cat

And what if the mild electric shocks turn his hair white.

Shrodinger's paradoxical peroxidical 🐈 

Sorry, I have the flu. Too many medicinal bourbons.

Edited by L1onheartNew

33 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But always two ways of looking at it:

Rooney is a stroppy/sulky non-team player

Yarney's demands are unreasonable

Our rate of scoring increased after Tollitt fell out of favour

That's football...

Exactly . I’m not saying what I said is right, or that I particularly believe it, it’s just that it might not be as straightforward as people think. 
I probably prefer our recruitment policy than , say Chesterfield’s, who seem to go for names even though they may be well past their best.

We’ll see next season though Hopefully most of the other teams are still as crap and Unsworth has learnt from last season (which he seemed to be doing).

More entertaining football wouldn’t go amiss though

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_R said:

Exactly . I’m not saying what I said is right, or that I particularly believe it, it’s just that it might not be as straightforward as people think. 
I probably prefer our recruitment policy than , say Chesterfield’s, who seem to go for names even though they may be well past their best.

We’ll see next season though Hopefully most of the other teams are still as crap and Unsworth has learnt from last season (which he seemed to be doing).

More entertaining football wouldn’t go amiss though

In addition, Tollit was top scorer in a side that struggled to score and both he and Rooney were front and centre of the less entertaining brand of football.

Yarney was an enigma whom I would still like to retain.

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

Yarney and Rooney are on the way because of attitude. 

I'd actually say Tollitt would be the same as it's a lack of effort and fight that's seen him dropped.

Arguably we've replaced all 3 with better already. 

Edited by Shrek

21 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

So it looks like Yarney and Rooney are going

Both are replaceable (we already have!) so feck em, we move onwards and upwards and they will be in mid table somewhere which is about their level

Where is Rooney off too??

I think Chesterfield will piss the league this season. We’re playing for 2nd and I’m content with that. 

Not interested in throwing silly money around for the likes of Grigg, though I wouldn’t say no to the odd ambitious, albeit affordable, signing…

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I think Chesterfield will piss the league this season. We’re playing for 2nd and I’m content with that. 

Not interested in throwing silly money around for the likes of Grigg, though I wouldn’t say no to the odd ambitious, albeit affordable, signing…

Grigg is an odd one.  Shouldn't be anywhere near past it at 31; He doesn't seem to have suffered much in the way of injury but his goals per game rate in the last few seasons has fallen off a cliff

35 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

My brother reckons Halifax in exchange for Golden. 

Absolutely no evidence or substance whatsoever.

Rochdale. He wants to get as many Greater Manchester teams under his belt as possible. It'll be Alty by Christmas and then FC United after that.

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Grigg is an odd one.  Shouldn't be anywhere near past it at 31; He doesn't seem to have suffered much in the way of injury but his goals per game rate in the last few seasons has fallen off a cliff

His fire has been extinguished.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Agree Dave.

Maybe Championship football at the likes of Sunderland and Rotherham was a step too high for him as he got older.

I'd imagine dropping into the National League with decent players like Colclough around him, he should score plenty.

To be fair MKD were a poor outfit last season so most would have striggled there

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

Yarney and Rooney are on the way because of attitude. 

I'd actually say Tollitt would be the same as it's a lack of effort and fight that's seen him dropped.

Arguably we've replaced all 3 with better already. 

Apparently our new recruitment strategy looks into players background, attitude, character etc. must have misread it in those two then.

We’ve no idea whether we’ve replaced with better (and Rooney hasn’t gone anywhere yet). Time will tell and we all hope so.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That'll soon change,

He'll be this season's Mullin

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

In 2023 to date we have outperformed Chesterfield interms of results in the league including beating them at their place. We are already stronger than the team that finished the season and we will be stronger still come August.

Chesterfield will be title favourites I'm happy for them to have that tag. But I don't think they will be as formidable as either Wrexham or Notss County this season. 

As for Grigg as I've said already I will back atleast 1 of our forwards to outscored him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Apparently our new recruitment strategy looks into players background, attitude, character etc. must have misread it in those two then.

We’ve no idea whether we’ve replaced with better (and Rooney hasn’t gone anywhere yet). Time will tell and we all hope so.

Rooney hasn't gone anywhere but I've heard he's been told to stay away so the only problem he may create is we are currently paying him to do nothing.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Rooney hasn't gone anywhere but I've heard he's been told to stay away so the only problem he may create is we are currently paying him to do nothing.

Well we are used to that aren’t we ?

• Like 1