Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

5 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Rooney was dropped from the squad for the last game of the season, can anyone remember why?

not sure l heard right but after yeovil l think Rhino said 'because he sulks, he doesnt work hard enough, we are selling him and hes got a really angin accent.' but there was a massive gust of sun at the time, so he might have said something different.

• Like 1

Im looking forward to a busy 7 days as Contracts are up ... I would love a Yarmey U turn (but cant see it) I can see a right back (maybe 2) and another midfielder and two loans (a centre Half and left back). Were only just over a week away from seeing what they can do as team, witness the style of football. The one thing I dont expect this season is being overrun in midfield this should make us harder to beat than last year. Our motto for the coming season is fear no one, play to our stregth and see how that works for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

not sure l heard right but after yeovil l think Rhino said 'because he sulks, he doesnt work hard enough, we are selling him and hes got a really angin accent.' but there was a massive gust of sun at the time, so he might have said something different.

Really angin agent also works…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

Im looking forward to a busy 7 days as Contracts are up ... I would love a Yarmey U turn (but cant see it) I can see a right back (maybe 2) and another midfielder and two loans (a centre Half and left back). Were only just over a week away from seeing what they can do as team, witness the style of football. The one thing I dont expect this season is being overrun in midfield this should make us harder to beat than last year. Our motto for the coming season is fear no one, play to our stregth and see how that works for us. 

Midfield is key for me, it's been a weak spot at this club for so many years. Probably going back to our first season in League 2 the last time we had a proper functional midfield that could control a game and couldn't be cut through like butter (probably longer really). 

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Midfield is key for me, it's been a weak spot at this club for so many years. Probably going back to our first season in League 2 the last time we had a proper functional midfield that could control a game and couldn't be cut through like butter (probably longer really). 

Who was that?

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Lyden and Missilou/Sylla/Maouche maybe? I'm even reaching a bit there as Lyden barely played and the other 3 weren't exactly world beaters

If the Missilou who played at Fulham had made a regular appearance he'd have played much higher

16 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'm pretty sure we secretly sneaked in Kante from down the road for that game, he was immense!

One of teh best individual Latics performances I can recall, for the level.  Tarkowski at Preston springs to mind but not many others in recent times!

13 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Rooney was dropped from the squad for the last game of the season, can anyone remember why?

He was punching the walls of the corridor to the dressing room when he was subbed at his last home appearance 

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l don't mind stuff like that, means he cares. need to have some sort of edge to us..

Never once saw him having that edge in terms of getting physical with the opposition. Over dramatic nonsense is no good as it undermines the manager. 

He left his last club because of his attitude. Same again here it seems.

44 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l don't mind stuff like that, means he cares. need to have some sort of edge to us..

It if got it out of his system, fine.  If he was still sulking come the next training session then off you go.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Never once saw him having that edge in terms of getting physical with the opposition. Over dramatic nonsense is no good as it undermines the manager. 

He left his last club because of his attitude. Same again here it seems.

14 clubs in 12 years suggests it could be the common denominator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oldham Times

Looks like Rooney is one of those on the move then. Probably no surprise who the others are.

Disappointing about Rooney as he's the type of player who can make the difference in tight games with a moment of class (Woking springs to mind), however longer term I have no problem with Unsworth not accepting bad attitudes in the squad.

• Like 2