Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

at 20:24 according to the Oldham Times

Q. when is a RB signing?

A. (Rhino) if the season starts tomorrow l'd be happy with Will there.. we will look at it when the opportunity comes but, at the moment, lm more than happy with Will.

thats the perfect response for me.

Yeah, don't really get the issue with that at all?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l think some people started the evening looking to be offended, some people drank too much too quickly and got coffended (offended incorrectly becase they were confused), some people did both and lots of people didnt take it that seriously atall because it's a fundraiser in June.

Some people have made their mind up about the manager and have nailed their colours so firmly to the mast on this issue that they will now be blinded to the evidence of the clear progression in 2023 and make up their own narrative to suit.

If we are in Negotiations to sign a right back which we probably are then the last thing he should be doing is saying in a public forum is, We are desperately trying to sign one. Then the agent will just shift the goal posts to squeeze more money out of us.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 14

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Some people have made their mind up about the manager and have nailed their colours so firmly to the mast on this issue that they will now be blinded to the evidence of the clear progression in 2023 and make up their own narrative to suit.

If we are in Negotiations to sign a right back which we probably are then the last thing he should be doing is saying in a public forum is We are desperately trying to sign one then the agent will just shift the goal posts to squeeze more money out of us.

Stop talking sense. 
We as fans deserve to know everything that is happening, everyone we’re interested in signing and how much they earn. 

• Like 1

Jesus, to put it politely, there are some absolute cock wombles here who must struggle to get through a day without breaking down in tears. Cut so deep because Unsworth said he'd be happy with Sutton but if right opp presents itself for a RB they'll look at it.

How dare he say he will play Will Sutton at RB every game this season!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we are in Negotiations to sign a right back which we probably are then the last thing he should be doing is saying in a public forum is We are desperately trying to sign one then the agent will just shift the goal posts to squeeze more money out of us.

You could look at that the other way though and say why's he giving one of our own young lads false hope?

I'm not against Unsworth by the way! I am against playing a kid out of position (who I rate as a CB) in a position he quite clearly struggled last season.

4 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

You could look at that the other way though and say why's he giving one of our own young lads false hope?

I'm not against Unsworth by the way! I am against playing a kid out of position (who I rate as a CB) in a position he quite clearly struggled last season.

I agree, but he was still much better than the other two right backs we had. Young players being played out of position for a short while is not necessarily a bad thing in terms of their education. I remember Richard Graham. A very talented CB. Huge potential. Such a shame about his injuries. My point is that the first time I saw him, Big Joe played him on the left-wing in a friendly. Then, later, at high-back. When he moved to centre-back he was quality. I really think his experiences in different positions made him a better player.

I think he's done his stint at right-back, but, when he was briefly shifted to centre-back, he did look a better player. He should now stick to centre-back.

14 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

He's saying Sutton can play there if needs be which he has proved he can by the way. I'm sure he's had the discussion with Will Sutton and understands he's a centre back first and foremost but has proved in the second half of last season he can fill in at right back. Would you prefer he said we need a right back because Sutton isn't good enough.

Brian : I'm not the Messiah

The Masses: But the messiah always denies his divinity.

Brian: Alright I am the Messiah

The Masses: HAIL THE MESSIAH.

Life of Brian

Edited by GlossopLatic

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Some people keep making things up about sections of fans, and like to creative a narrative that doesn’t exist. And conflate a forum with results. 

Not one person has suggested he say he is in negotiations with anybody- again it’s just more made up nonsense. 

It’s really really simple. 

Don’t do a fundraising fans forum to talk shite/deflect/contradict. There’s  really no point.  

Do a quiz night instead. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Seems with 8 (EIGHT) weeks off he hasn't thought of a main formation to roll with either? 

Look, I hope he gets it right but c'mon... we're not landing a glove on Chesterfield for that top spot as things stand.

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Some people keep making things up about sections of fans, and like to creative a narrative that doesn’t exist. And conflate a forum with results. 

Not one person has suggested he say he is in negotiations with anybody- again it’s just more made up nonsense. 

It’s really really simple. 

Don’t do a fundraising fans forum to talk shite/deflect/contradict. There’s  really no point.  

Do a quiz night instead. 

Get a grip

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Jesus, to put it politely, there are some absolute cock wombles here who must struggle to get through a day without breaking down in tears. Cut so deep because Unsworth said he'd be happy with Sutton but if right opp presents itself for a RB they'll look at it.

How dare he say he will play Will Sutton at RB every game this season!

Your langauage suggests you’re the only one who is cut so deep. . 😂😂

It's worth remembering with Sutton that he had very little notice about playing RB, and if I remember rightly was recalled from a loan and straight in

It's fair to expect he would be better if he started next season there with the stability over the summer and a full pre season to learn. And he's young, so plenty of room to improve

I wouldn't be surprised if our first game lineup (based on current squad) is

Norman

Sutton Hogan Hobson Kitching

Green Shelton Lundstram Ward

Nuttall Willoughby

Then a stats website reports Willoughby as ST or LW which gives you an option to move from 442 to 433 in game with Ward part of a 3 man midfield, and Sutton at RB gives you an option to move into a 3/5 back formation with Sutton sliding into 3 CB set up. Seems like we're aiming for flexibility 

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

In any case I don't give a fuck about the managers personality traits if we put out of winning team, if we are crowned Champions in April/May I'll carry him up the Town Hall steps on my shoulders.

Not on your own you won't. 

Edited by 100milesaway
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

With all this talk of improved structure, stability, Unsworth in/out, new players better than/no better than what we have, it would be interesting to see where we, as fans, in one word are right now regarding our expectation for the season ahead. No elaboration, no reasoning, no if/then/else, just a one word reply using either optimistic  or pessimistic.

Me?

Optimistic

Promotion 

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

whilst l agree with the sentiment, we started pre season on monday..

Haven't played a game then. There was a poster before complaining Unsworth hasn't got a formation which is apparently based on... a weeks training?

The club is the most positive it's been for a while and some people are just absolutely desperate to find negatives. And I'm not even particularly a fan of Unsworth. 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I agree, but he was still much better than the other two right backs we had. Young players being played out of position for a short while is not necessarily a bad thing in terms of their education. I remember Richard Graham. A very talented CB. Huge potential. Such a shame about his injuries. My point is that the first time I saw him, Big Joe played him on the left-wing in a friendly. Then, later, at high-back. When he moved to centre-back he was quality. I really think his experiences in different positions made him a better player.

I think he's done his stint at right-back, but, when he was briefly shifted to centre-back, he did look a better player. He should now stick to centre-back.

I didn’t think he was that bad at right back either, so I don’t think Unsworth’s comments were that wide of the mark. When he played at right wing back though, he was way out of his depth

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Haven't played a game then. There was a poster before complaining Unsworth hasn't got a formation which is apparently based on... a weeks training?

The club is the most positive it's been for a while and some people are just absolutely desperate to find negatives. And I'm not even particularly a fan of Unsworth. 

aye. the answer Rhino gave was actually along the lines of 'we will be deploying many formations but we dont yet know who we are playing so we cant say which of our many plans we will deploy.' and the poster heard it as 'l dont know what lm doing' which is almost funny really.

all tonight has done is re enforce my belief that a booming start is essential bc the senators have been, and will continue to be, sharpening their blades all summer eager to angry stabby stabby booooo if its 0-0 after 10mins in the first match..