Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

45 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Does it concern anyone that Dallas and his agent may be playing the same game that Yarney tried to play? Surely by now either us or Chesterfield should have closed the deal…..wouldn’t surprise me if he pops up in L2 

Yes it seems like the agent is the slippery type to keep trying it on until the very last second. Until something is signed with a club, I wouldn’t trust any hearsay. Sounds like they’d think nothing of turning up for talks and a medical at one club and then appear at a different club the next morning, squeezing every penny out of all the bidders to get the best deal.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yeah fair point he was a handsome bastard but he was Italian was thinking your 70's and 80's lower league league British Centre back who'd head the kitchen sink who'd finish his career and go and run his local pub. I'm sure someone can bring up some good examples.

Larry lloyd

2 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Yes it seems like the agent is the slippery type to keep trying it on until the very last second. Until something is signed with a club, I wouldn’t trust any hearsay. Sounds like they’d think nothing of turning up for talks and a medical at one club and then appear at a different club the next morning, squeezing every penny out of all the bidders to get the best deal.

Surely this is exactly what you would want your agent to do? He is working for the best interests of his client not a football club.

4 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

as to be expected, no?

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yeah fair point he was a handsome bastard but he was Italian was thinking your 70's and 80's lower league league British Centre back who'd head the kitchen sink who'd finish his career and go and run his local pub. I'm sure someone can bring up some good examples.

Now linked with Elliot Simoes? Anyone? Winger who was at Salford.

40 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Was supposedly dating Paul Scholes' daughter when he signed for Salford last year - left winger supposedly, no clue barring that

53 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Perhaps we're giving Dallas agent a nudge. Sign or we look elsewhere.

Either that or we've done the budget on Raglan and are looking at Simoes as a pacy left wing alternative who might do okay at this level. Did alright at Barnsley but a bit hit and miss since.

19 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Was supposedly dating Paul Scholes' daughter when he signed for Salford last year - left winger supposedly, no clue barring that

He was at Barnsley for a while. Picked him up from FC United. Came over to Manchester when he was 16. 

3 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Perhaps we're giving Dallas agent a nudge. Sign or we look elsewhere.

Either that or we've done the budget on Raglan and are looking at Simoes as a pacy left wing alternative who might do okay at this level. Did alright at Barnsley but a bit hit and miss since.

Another 23 yo. Clear pattern to most transfers this time. Reminds me a bit of Kewell's time with us. Young enough to be hungry to advance their careers, but with a sprinkling of experience. 

5 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It's brilliant. Best close season since Dowie took us into the play-offs. That ended badly in every way. This is not going to be a repeat (at least off the pitch).

It’s looking good isn’t it

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A League Two club spoke to him, but were told he wanted to sign for Chesterfield. His agent is seemingly moving the goalposts every day and he now looks set to sign for Oldham...

If the player wants to sign for us, then all good.

If is agent wants him to sign for us and the player wants to sign for Chesterfield, then no thanks and good luck in Derbyshire mate.

Seriously, let's get behind this 100 percent, we've been long overdue some strong pre season positivity, patience is the key, don't come on here hammering rhino before October, progress together and fingers crossed we get up, if it doesn't happen we go again, stick with it and support it 🔵⚪🟠

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oldham57 said:

Seriously, let's get behind this 100 percent, we've been long overdue some strong pre season positivity, patience is the key, don't come on here hammering rhino before October, progress together and fingers crossed we get up, if it doesn't happen we go again, stick with it and support it 🔵⚪🟠

I hear you, and I don’t think a single fan isn’t behind Frank and what he’s done for us. You’re also right that if we don’t go up this season I’m sure we will do. But the signings and backing  also bring pressure- it’s Rhino’s job to win football matches, and if he’s struggling in October (like bottom8)  then like any manager questions will be asked. But let’s hope he can keep the momentum from last season and he gets us going. Really looking forward to it now. 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

and Saturday mornings

My brother went to Italy sat outside a cafe with a large cappuccino and a copy of corriella de la sport just so he could replicate James Richardson. Think he then went to a Sampdoria game.

I suppose it's easier to look back and reminisce and say life was simpler but it's probably because my life was simpler then. Youth eh it's wasted on the young.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I hear you, and I don’t think a single fan isn’t behind Frank and what he’s done for us. You’re also right that if we don’t go up this season I’m sure we will do. But the signings and backing  also bring pressure- it’s Rhino’s job to win football matches, and if he’s struggling in October (like bottom8)  then like any manager questions will be asked. But let’s hope he can keep the momentum from last season and he gets us going. Really looking forward to it now. 👍🏻

Can't see how he will struggle, there will be enough quality to do it on the pitch for him this time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oldham57 said:

Needs a season ticket big push on the back of these.