Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

17 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

1 year deal after being on trial at a few different clubs.

He'll probably say it's worked out how he wanted it to but I'm not so sure.

Good luck to him either way!

I had the pleasure of meeting him just after the end of the season, I can honestly say you couldn't wish to meet a nicer fella. On that basis I wish him luck too 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Still wish we had the equivalent of Kitcb on the right hand side. It’d balance the team and increase our attacking options allowing us to keep teams guessing.

It was the missing piece from Jan onwards and it’s a shame we’ve not sorted it so close to the season. Looks like we’ll either have to play Sutton, Hobson or Shelton at RB. Or Green at RWB. None of these options are ideal.

A right back is very much needed 👍

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

A right back is very much needed 👍

Definitely. 

I do find it odd given they will have had the targets set for some time, fair enough you might not be able to get first or second choice- but there’s plenty around. 

*Awaits the Latics mafia to tell me to keep calm, or stop stressing. 😁

Edited by League one forever

Just now, League one forever said:

Definitely. 

I do find it odd given they will have had the targets set for some time, fair enough you might not be able to get first or second choice- but there’s plenty around. 

1st and 2nd choice havent gone anywhere else yet tho..

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Right back is the most crucial signing of the summer for me.  Maybe other clubs know this and are playing hard ball.  I reckon we'll have it sorted before the season kicks off.

tbf its only the most crucial bc its the only one left!

13 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Right back is the most crucial signing of the summer for me.  Maybe other clubs know this and are playing hard ball.  I reckon we'll have it sorted before the season kicks off.

We can cope for a bit with what we have I'm sure until we get the man we want.

No window for the NL so we have plenty of time in my view...pointless rushing something through if the player or terms are not right

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We can cope for a bit with what we have I'm sure until we get the man we want.

No window for the NL so we have plenty of time in my view...pointless rushing something through if the player or terms are not right

in the market we seem to be moving in the no window massively works for us bc we can fish around in the big pond and if we somehow miss all the best catches then we just move to the next pond, which is much like the early days of the previous pond but where hardly anybody else has a permit!!!

we NEED  one player and now lve wasted extra time itallicking, underlining, bolding and capsing the word lve realised we don't actually need to that extent. but we will be doing so.

its so exciting, curzon are gettin stuffed today

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

lve realised we don't actually need

to be fair this 'we've pretty much got a team and will pick up the last piece of the jigsaw when its right' is so different from 'the first match is next week and we have 4 strangers and two kids signed so let's panic' that it does take some getting used to.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

in the market we seem to be moving in the no window massively works for us bc we can fish around in the big pond and if we somehow miss all the best catches then we just move to the next pond, which is much like the early days of the previous pond but where hardly anybody else has a permit!!!

we NEED  one player and now lve wasted extra time itallicking, underlining, bolding and capsing the word lve realised we don't actually need to that extent. but we will be doing so.

its so exciting, curzon are gettin stuffed today

I’m planning on going but this bloody rain might scupper things for it going ahead 

Everyone seems to be unhappy about us not signing a RB but to be fair our upturn in form last season came when we not only brought Yarney in to the defence but also Will Sutton, I know Sutton isn't the finished article but he is more than adequate particularly with someone of the calibre of Hobson playing alongside, not sure where Sutton fits in if he isn't playing at rightback given he's probably fourth choice in his favoured position. 

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Everyone seems to be unhappy about us not signing a RB but to be fair our upturn in form last season came when we not only brought Yarney in to the defence but also Will Sutton, I know Sutton isn't the finished article but he is more than adequate particularly with someone of the calibre of Hobson playing alongside, not sure where Sutton fits in if he isn't playing at rightback given he's probably fourth choice in his favoured position. 

out on loan maybe, unless we go 352

Edited by Monty Burns

5 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

We've been in for three RBs this summer. Ogle, Golden and Grimshaw. On that basis I assume it is something he's still looking at, and won't just sign one for the sake of it.

Grimshaw gone to Dundee Utd.

Golden played and scored for Halifax midweek.

Ogle has been injured but played the first half for Scunthorpe midweek.

We have also been linked with Jordan Cropper at Grimsby - he was on loan at Barnet last season but I believe he is a free agent at the moment.

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Grimshaw gone to Dundee Utd.

Golden played and scored for Halifax midweek.

Ogle has been injured but played the first half for Scunthorpe midweek.

We have also been linked with Jordan Cropper at Grimsby - he was on loan at Barney last season but I believe he is a free agent at the moment.

Rochdale seem to have recruited well including a right back on loan from Derby - seems strange that we aren't looking at loan players(as yet)!

Cue triallist no 2 appearing on the team sheet!!!

Edited by mick26