Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Nothing wrong in Posters talking about posters - as long as it is not derogatory or insulting.

I’m not sure I agree with this - sounds like a suppression of free speech to me 🤔

lm tryna compose a sentence where l compare this post to TangoMans faltering legal defence, without appearing to unfairly accuse you of Alt-Rightism. lve given up and just decided to inform everybody of my latest failure so they can maybe make the joke to themselves and part credit me whilst they smile at their wit..

14 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Source??

Was on Twitter amid all the Norwood fanfare, from people who said about Norwood happening - supposedly also after Tennai Watson who has been linked to L1 and Championship this summer at right back alongside Sammy Robinson so that gap will likely get plugged either before Southend or next week, depends if they leave for Southend today or train and have time to get something done

1 minute ago, samgoafc said:

Was on Twitter amid all the Norwood fanfare, from people who said about Norwood happening - supposedly also after Tennai Watson who has been linked to L1 and Championship this summer at right back alongside Sammy Robinson so that gap will likely get plugged either before Southend or next week, depends if they leave for Southend today or train and have time to get something done

theyre travelling down this afternoon after breakfast and a light morning session but this shouldnt really mess with any wheeling and dealing..

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

That’s a bit of a leap from me disagreeing with “Scholes did NOTHING wrong”. 🤪

I just think he realised the shit show behind the scenes and thought fuck that. Don't blame him in the slightest.  If I walked into a job so badly managed I'd do the same.

12 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

I just think he realised the shit show behind the scenes and thought fuck that. Don't blame him in the slightest.  If I walked into a job so badly managed I'd do the same.

In spite of the shitshow - Scholes ain't a manager. As he proved here and as he proved hereafter...

• Like 1

In June 2009 James Norwood scored for England Schools v France Schools at Wembley. France won 4-2 that day and their 4th goal was scored by Dylan Bahamboula's older brother Plaisir, who is now apparently a rapper with the stage name OhPlai. Francis Coquelin (ex-Arsenal) and Sebastian Faure (ex-Rangers) were also in the French team.

Yes, yes, I know, I really need to get out more.......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Nothing wrong in Posters talking about posters - as long as it is not derogatory or insulting.

I’m not sure I agree with this - sounds like a suppression of free speech to me 🤔

That's OK - this is OWTB. There is no free speech here. People are expected to follow rules (primarily being "don't be a dick"), if not they can't post. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It didn't end well for Bill Posters though - I remember those notices on walls "Bill Posters will be prosecuted". Mind you, they never told us what it was he was going to be prosecuted for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

In June 2009 James Norwood scored for England Schools v France Schools at Wembley. France won 4-2 that day and their 4th goal was scored by Dylan Bahamboula's older brother Plaisir, who is now apparently a rapper with the stage name OhPlai. Francis Coquelin (ex-Arsenal) and Sebastian Faure (ex-Rangers) were also in the French team.

Yes, yes, I know, I really need to get out more.......

What happened to Dylan? Went to Livingston but never seemed to play 

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What happened to Dylan? Went to Livingston but never seemed to play 

He’s still there. Contracted to the end of this season. Looks like he hasn’t done much to impress; 27 league and cup appearances, but only 11 were starts. One goal (a match winner), one red card. He barely gets mentioned on Livi forums.

3 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

He found the fourth division and the job in general to be very boring. He just wanted an excuse to leave without losing face. He was never enthusiastic about it in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He found the fourth division and the job in general to be very boring. He just wanted an excuse to leave without losing face. He was never enthusiastic about it in the first place.

Had enough cash to do whatever the fuck he wanted with the team sheet and tell ALMO to piss off with interference and let them sack him if they didnt like it. He bottled it. 

39 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Had enough cash to do whatever the fuck he wanted with the team sheet and tell ALMO to piss off with interference and let them sack him if they didnt like it. He bottled it. 

Had enough cash from ALMO?? 🤣

It says a lot when after Scholes left the only person they could find to manage the team was a rookie who had no first team managerial experience and after a couple of months even he fucked off!!

Edited by O.A.F.C.

18 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Had enough cash from ALMO?? 🤣

It says a lot when after Scholes left the only person they could find to manage the team was a rookie who had no first team managerial experience and after a couple of months even he fucked off!!

even worse when he got another job bazza or some cunt went to the press going 'we let him quit for his mental health and now he gets a job after 5mins????'

errrrr No fleecegate what he said was 'this is an impossible shit show and lm quitting for my own sanity'

• Like 1