Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

22 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Didn't the club borrow £5.1 million from the Rothwell's company? I'd have thought this is what was felt required to get us back into the EFL and then look to repay that loan. Could be way off the mark but would make sense. The problem is, if we squander that £5 million and are stuck in this league. Will more be made available or is that your lot? Makes getting a manager in who can actually get us out of this league even more imperative.

Fair play if that's true, after what they've paid for everything that's some outlay. Let's hope they get rewarded on the pitch, I'd say they are expecting a top 2 or 3 finish minimum given what they've parted with. 

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Steady on, emphasis on the borrowed. It's currently a debt on the club.

Good,

The great man has covered all bases and himself,

Just as long as they pay those interest payments to Frank on all the money they've been wasting, that sits right with me.

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair play if that's true, after what they've paid for everything that's some outlay. Let's hope they get rewarded on the pitch, I'd say they are expecting a top 2 or 3 finish minimum given what they've parted with. 

Not saying the £5 million was definitely for that, i'm just guessing in all honesty but there is a debenture for £5.1 million against the club owed to Grocco. Surely, some if not most of this, is the budget to get us back to the EFL or until we are self sustainable? That must be the long term plan, i'm just worried that Unsworth blows it and we are stuck down here once that money has gone.

6 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

They've already got a plentiful supply !!   😀

I mean I know you say that slightly tongue in cheek but only Chestefield can rival the pressure that the manager or squad are under to get promotion right now.

We've seen the reaction to what I would describe as a below par first 4 games. Par would have been about 7 points, 8-9 a birdie, 10 an Eagle, and 12 an albertros.

Their is a rationale behind that obviously the history of our club, the support base and the fact we have owners for the first time in a very long time who are putting their money where their mouth is and are backing the manager with signings.

With this in mind the last thing David Unsworth needs is added pressure so when he says Chesterfield are the favourites for the title then he's probably saying the lesser of essentially 2 evils of the 2 things he could of said, and is trying to protect his players from added pressure which we don't need.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I mean I know you say that slightly tongue in cheek but only Chestefield can rival the pressure that the manager or squad are under to get promotion right now.

We've seen the reaction to what I would describe as a below par first 4 games. Par would have been about 7 points, 8-9 a birdie, 10 an Eagle, and 12 an albertros.

Their is a rationale behind that obviously the history of our club, the support base and the fact we have owners for the first time in a very long time who are putting their money where their mouth is and are backing the manager with signings.

With this in mind the last thing David Unsworth needs is added pressure so when he says Chesterfield are the favourites for the title then he's probably saying the lesser of essentially 2 evils of the 2 things he could of said, and is trying to protect his players from added pressure which we don't need.

Weird that below par means poor when in the sport it derives from it means good. I had an albatross once.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Not saying the £5 million was definitely for that, i'm just guessing in all honesty but there is a debenture for £5.1 million against the club owed to Grocco. Surely, some if not most of this, is the budget to get us back to the EFL or until we are self sustainable? That must be the long term plan, i'm just worried that Unsworth blows it and we are stuck down here once that money has gone.

Course you are

17 hours ago, PeteG said:

this has been answered by Darren Royle, its is a day to day running float for all the stuff we need. players, staff, sexy looking but lonely and cold Recaro seats, water bore holes, a hose from B&Q. if we need it we NEED it and it will now be available straight away. like a proper club. stop being a pathetic, bitter AgendaLad. dry your eyes mate.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Anybody know whether Tunnicliffe has been training with us?

No, seems to have gone a bit quiet on him. DU saying Lundstram and Ward possibly another 3 weeks (six games or so). So I’d say we could do with strengthening there. 

On 8/24/2023 at 3:12 AM, GlossopLatic said:

That Albatross.

Do you get wafers with it?