Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

• Matt unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Might make room for a possible incoming signing?

However, I’m not sure I’d be giving this guy anymore money until he can get a decent tune out of what he has already!

Free up some budget for a couple of loans signings with another manager hopefully 

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

John Rooney is signing for Macclesfield today

Seems like the end of the road had come a while ago for Rooney with us, but I think it's rather sad.

Clearly a gifted and tallented player, who has showed at previous clubs he can run the game from the middle of the park if given the opportunity and make things happen.....which is exactly what we are missing.

My view is the tactics Unsworth has used over the past year, and his inability to allow the likes of Rooney, and Vaughan to a lesser extent to show their creative flair in the final third of the pitch, have put us where we are today with a slow, ponderous and crablike midfield who create next to nothing.

From what I've seen, with a motivated and on it Rooney, Norwood could be in double figures by now and we would be looking down not up at the table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Seems like the end of the road had come a while ago for Rooney with us, but I think it's rather sad.

Clearly a gifted and tallented player, who has showed at previous clubs he can run the game from the middle of the park if given the opportunity and make things happen.....which is exactly what we are missing.

My view is the tactics Unsworth has used over the past year, and his inability to allow the likes of Rooney, and Vaughan to a lesser extent to show their creative flair in the final third of the pitch, have put us where we are today with a slow, ponderous and crablike midfield who create next to nothing.

From what I've seen, with a motivated and on it Rooney, Norwood could be in double figures by now and we would be looking down not up at the table.

He calls these type of players “free spirits”. Tollitt gets a bit more time but continually gets axed from squads after a game or two. 

Rooney is probably hard to manage and is very vocal. But can you blame him when he was signed and could not make the team as he didn’t fit into the structure ? Then when we did play him he shifted him out to left wing. 

Hugely mismanaged and a wasted opportunity. Cheers Unsy.