Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

Just read the Oldham Times report . DU speaks of his desperation to succeed but then talks in what appears to be a tone of surprise of the unrest with the fans and the NL being the hardest league to get out of (it is when you’re near the bottom of it). Talks of the “plan” again and uses the term “we” a fair bit as opposed to “I”. “Cant be having factions wanting to bring down what’s being done” . States we are a little bit behind the curve. He’s going nowhere and he knows it . Just maybe an acknowledgment of his massive under achieving and the fact we are in the same place or lower in the league than when he took over . 

I don't think what he has said is that bad. Seeing as it's coming from someone who wants to keep and succeed in his job.

He's acknowledged it's not gone as well as it should have done but he wants the opportunity to see it through. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I was always Dhalsim he was the one with long stretchy arms and legs I wonder how effective he would have been had he turned his career into Football.

I was Guile when my eldest son, who was a kid back then coaxed me into taking him on

Always got my butt kicked but was far better than him at Golden Axe and Road Rash 😂

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don't think what he has said is that bad. Seeing as it's coming from someone who wants to keep and succeed in his job.

He's acknowledged it's not gone as well as it should have done but he wants the opportunity to see it through. 

‘We can’t have factions bringing down what we’re trying to achieve’

Well, sorry Dave but 14 wins in 50 games means you’ve achieved nothing. No manager can ask/preach patience with out results. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

‘We can’t have factions bringing down what we’re trying to achieve’

Well, sorry Dave but 14 wins in 50 games means you’ve achieved nothing. No manager can ask/preach patience with out results. 

I don't think he should have said that. 

I also don't really think the board are doing him any favours by sending him out to talk about it. He's not the right person to do the rallying cry.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don't think he should have said that. 

I also don't really think the board are doing him any favours by sending him out to talk about it. He's not the right person to do the rallying cry.

Correct. 

Frank shouting a bit in an away end is fine, odd the club haven't had Frank, Luke or Darren do a piece saying they're behind him etc.

31 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I was Guile when my eldest son, who was a kid back then coaxed me into taking him on

Always got my butt kicked but was far better than him at Golden Axe and Road Rash 😂

I had a commodore Amiga 600 hours and hours on that thing Road Rash was a quality game too. One of other my favourites was Sensible world of soccer little men with their arms and legs running round. Happy Days. Think you can still get stuff like that somewhere on the Internet 

Anyonelse want to talk about retro gaming rather than another 40 pages of David Unsworth ate my hamster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

Just read it too.  The arrogance of the man, unbelievable.

I can't see nothing wrong with what he's said. Admits it's not been good enough.  States it helps when the whole club is together.  He wants to succeed and desperate to give us some wins. 

What is arrogant about that?

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Lags said:

I can't see nothing wrong with what he's said. Admits it's not been good enough.  States it helps when the whole club is together.  He wants to succeed and desperate to give us some wins. 

What is arrogant about that?

I don’t know what I was expecting really, but the “we can’t be having factions” irritated somewhat,  but hes allowed to say his bit. What I would say is we can’t really be having one win in 8 matches preceded by almost a full and very lukewarm season, that’s what’s causing the “factions”. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I had a commodore Amiga 600 hours and hours on that thing Road Rash was a quality game too. One of other my favourites was Sensible world of soccer little men with their arms and legs running round. Happy Days. Think you can still get stuff like that somewhere on the Internet 

Anyonelse want to talk about retro gaming rather than another 40 pages of David Unsworth ate my hamster.

There's some genuine relief to get away from the current mash up

Sensible soccer was played at a hundred miles an hour 😂

Just read the latest OT piece too. Just more bullshit cliches.

However, it's pretty obvious our incompetent manager is going nowhere and I am now seriously beginning to question the competence of those above. I keep hearing how everything else is being run great (i.e. behind the scenes etc.). How come it's so shit on the pitch then? Why no improvement whatsoever after a year of "the plan"? What does that tell you? What do you do to resolve it? What ARE you going to do to resolve it - and when? How long do you plan for us to be a non-league club? What is the "plan" DU refers to?

The only conclusion I can reach is that there is something written into his contract (e.g. a minimum length of tenure) because he seems to be immune from any criticism whatsoever from above. It is baffling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Ain’t that the truth. 

Right lads- here’s the formation it’s supposed to be effective apparently, but I’m gonna leave you lot to figure that out. 

We should have battered them with the possession we had. Because we didn't was why I changed my tune on DU. We should be comfortable with having the ball that much, not completely devoid of ideas

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

SWOS is still amazing. You can play it online still as well through your browser

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Anything other than Unsworth out is that all people ever talk about these days. It's putting me off the whole board.

I agree with your sentiment. It does, however, illustrate the level of discontent regarding the manager when that is virtually all we can talk about. We`ve had the euphoria of a takeover, a disappointing season last time (which we all came to accept - even me eventually) and then the build-up and investment over the summer with great expectations for distinct improvement on the pitch this season.

The absolute flop it has been so far has resulted in virtually all the focus being pointed towards the glaringly obvious weak link in a supposed strong chain. Rightly so - who wants a great set-up behind the scenes when the football is dire?.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Just read the latest OT piece too. Just more bullshit cliches.

However, it's pretty obvious our incompetent manager is going nowhere and I am now seriously beginning to question the competence of those above. I keep hearing how everything else is being run great (i.e. behind the scenes etc.). How come it's so shit on the pitch then? Why no improvement whatsoever after a year of "the plan"? What does that tell you? What do you do to resolve it? What ARE you going to do to resolve it - and when? How long do you plan for us to be a non-league club? What is the "plan" DU refers to?

The only conclusion I can reach is that there is something written into his contract (e.g. a minimum length of tenure) because he seems to be immune from any criticism whatsoever from above. It is baffling.

Plan is probably for the fans to stop whinging about everything, stop creating negative vibes and let them try to get on with turning things around in peace...

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I agree with your sentiment. It does, however, illustrate the level of discontent regarding the manager when that is virtually all we can talk about. We`ve had the euphoria of a takeover, a disappointing season last time (which we all came to accept - even me eventually) and then the build-up and investment over the summer with great expectations for distinct improvement on the pitch this season.

The absolute flop it has been so far has resulted in virtually all the focus being pointed towards the glaringly obvious weak link in a supposed strong chain. Rightly so - who wants a great set-up behind the scenes when the football is dire?.

This bad form is not going to last either the manager will turn it round or he will be sacked. Its not like The Lemsagam era where the whole club was on a downhill spiral with seemingly no end in sight, this will end and turn around alot quicker than people think. 

Some people need to dial it down abit some of the hysteria coming out on social media is outright pathetic.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5