Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

47 minutes ago, Lags said:

Had to look this lad up and his stats. Doesn't seem all that,  that said I know nowt about him. 

9 minutes ago, True Tic said:

From what I can see he’s no better or worse than what we have 

at this level he is an absolute demond

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

anybody had a visit to port vale forums?

Yep, I'm the sad one that does that for everyone we're linked with or we sign.

They hold him in very high regard. In their opinion he was the best player in league 2 at the time and he's a proper leader.

Not been the same player since a bad couple of injuries and has fallen down the pecking  order in league 1 but they reckon he'll absolutely piss the National League. They are also quite complementary about us too which surprised me a bit.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you believe what Vale fans and others say this is a really good, forward looking signing. It's a signing for the promotion push and a player that will be comfortable when we regain our place in L2. Very happy, really interested to see how we line up in the Trophy game on Saturday.

How frequent have Conlon's injuries been? I'm a bit concerned about it. I remember when we signed Gardner thinking 'he'll boss this league if he can stay fit' and he's barely managed to string more than a few games together. Its great to sign quality players but ultimately a bit pointless if they never play. I'm not trying to be negative, I can't wait to see the lad play and hopefully make our midfield look more assured. Just feeling a bit of trepidation. 

15 minutes ago, True Tic said:

From what I can see he’s no better or worse than what we have 

That's a bold statement, granted he's not done much since leaving Chesterfield but he was one hell of a player for them, something not quite adding up with him as he seemingly had it all until it turned a bit sour and Cook effectively froze him out after he didn't get a move he wanted, think he may have failed a medical for a near on seven figure move. 

Suspect he will be on fair wages and not sure whether he number of clubs played for in a season applies to the NL, if he was at anywhere near the level from his Chesterfield spell he'd be one hell of player for us. 

Is this rumour or is there any substance to it?.

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

They are also quite complementary about us too which surprised me a bit.

I’ve noticed this on a lot league clubs boards when talking about us, we’re still in the feel sorry for us stage, and they’d like to see us back in the EFL club. When we’re back normal hostilities will resume. 

4 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

How frequent have Conlon's injuries been? I'm a bit concerned about it. I remember when we signed Gardner thinking 'he'll boss this league if he can stay fit' and he's barely managed to string more than a few games together. Its great to sign quality players but ultimately a bit pointless if they never play. I'm not trying to be negative, I can't wait to see the lad play and hopefully make our midfield look more assured. Just feeling a bit of trepidation. 

Aye, reading all the comments about him- his ability isn’t in question. But nearly all the Vale fans said if he can stay fit. . but then every player is a risk I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

That's a concern shared by many - Freeman and Dickinson were really good players for this level but either can't stay fit or just aren't the same players after bad injuries. Need a mix on the recruitment front but at the end of the day you just don't know who's going to be injured! Might have to get Baz back!

16 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

He played 37 games last season in the league so played the majority of games. 

He’s had two different injuries so on the face of it has just been unlucky. If he had the same injury recurring, like Kitching came with but eventually cleared, I’d be concerned. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Yep, I'm the sad one that does that for everyone we're linked with or we sign.

They hold him in very high regard. In their opinion he was the best player in league 2 at the time and he's a proper leader.

Not been the same player since a bad couple of injuries and has fallen down the pecking  order in league 1 but they reckon he'll absolutely piss the National League. They are also quite complementary about us too which surprised me a bit.

yeah buzzin thanks.

thats how it looked to me too. this could be massive, Norwood can play up front now and start bangin em in.

boom.

36 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nothing. Just that he isn't catching much at Fleetwood and has a history of scoring goals at this level...

On Twitter Tshimanga is rumoured to be wanted by Crewe, seems unlikely he would drop from L1 to NL.