Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

11 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I suspect Reid might occupy that role in the meantime when fit, assuming MM doesn’t bring someone in. He’s best we’ve got at running the channels and has a decent scoring rate. He’d use Fondop more away from home.

Mmm- I know what you mean, as in he’s the nearest we’ve got with his pace and physique but Reid has no workrate. Especially when you compare him to someone like Stones. He drifts in and out of games, and only comes alive playing off the shoulder or running onto through balls. Don’t think you’d get much change out of asking him to run the channels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I suspect Reid might occupy that role in the meantime when fit, assuming MM doesn’t bring someone in. He’s best we’ve got at running the channels and has a decent scoring rate. He’d use Fondop more away from home.

Maybe try Sutton there.

Zips up coat...

Apparently, the best form of defence is attack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I see Stockton signed for Barrow on loan, even though he’s a big name I was not sold on him. Still think we need a Stones/ Paul Warne type who can do the running for Norwood. I fear for Norwoods, Mellons and Conlons sanity having to coach Fondop were to stand through the game. 

I’ve only seen him on tv so couldn’t possibly say if he’s any good or not. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’ve only seen him on tv so couldn’t possibly say if he’s any good or not. 

With the exception of Boxing day 2012, I have only ever seen everyone on TV in 25 years.

I am royally screwed opinion wise although I do have an arsehole.

M'changama was good though.

Edited by L1onheartNew

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I’d give him a runout at Eastleigh 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You normally get a tune out of Reid until he nicks a goal then he stops playing. In his head it’s ’job done’ and he’s composing his next social media post - probably the best we’ve got in running the channels at the moment but that’s not saying much. Fondop a wrecking ball away from home and a fluffy Pom Pom at home. 

Said it for a while we need an Ollie Banks type  to compliment Norwood. 

• Like 1

in true Latics style we signed probably the hottest young property in the lower divisions but could only secure him for three weeks and had to return early due to getting crocked.

Stones was the answer - hopefully lightning strikes twice in the same season’s transfer dealings… 

Edited by oafcprozac
Double post
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

You normally get a tune out of Reid until he nicks a goal then he stops playing. In his head it’s ’job done’ and he’s composing his next social media post - probably the best we’ve got in running the channels at the moment but that’s not saying much. Fondop a wrecking ball away from home and a fluffy Pom Pom at home. 

Said it for a while we need an Ollie Banks type  to compliment Norwood. 

Ollie Banks??

Are you his dad?Your having a laugh.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I’d give him a runout at Eastleigh 👍

Reid is injured according to MM.

If you mean Fondop I agree he should play at Eastleigh.

Edited by BP1960

10 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Ollie Banks??

Are you his dad?Your having a laugh.

I know Banks wasn't liked by the majority of our support (personally I thought he was OK), but the bloke can pick a pass be ideal for someone like Norwood. 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I know Banks wasn't liked by the majority of our support (personally I thought he was OK), but the bloke can pick a pass be ideal for someone like Norwood. 

He's also at the level he'd excel at. We were in L1 when he was here which was probably a division above his pay grade.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

All very quiet the rumour mill 

Unlikely. Seems the leaks have been plugged these days, probably will have to wait til any signing is announced!