Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

Most signings are a gamble - but this one particularly so. Hardly played a game for Forest and made only made  11 appearances for Cheltenham in a 6 month loan. 

The article suggests he’s highly rated, the stats suggest otherwise. . 

He could really come into his own at a lower level, or he could just be shite. 

Let’s hope it’s the former. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Most signings are a gamble - but this one particularly so. Hardly played a game for Forest and made only made  11 appearances for Cheltenham in a 6 month loan. 

The article suggests he’s highly rated, the stats suggest otherwise. . 

He could really come into his own at a lower level, or he could just be shite. 

Let’s hope it’s the former. 

11 league 1 appearances then…

How many appearances do you think our current midfield would get with a league 1 club?  I’ll take a wild guess at zero. 

Hopefully he’s decent and I don’t have to watch Gardner pointing and hiding any more. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How many appearances do you think our current midfield would get with a league 1 club?  I’ll take a wild guess at zero. 

Hopefully he’s decent and I don’t have to watch Gardner pointing and hiding any more. 

I reckon he'll come in for McGahey, certainly competition in there now

Like the age/profile of players being brought in by MM and Brabin, who have a good talent-spotting record.

Youngsters from Prem, Champs, L1 with a point to prove who will hopefully add "legs" and enthusiasm. A few more like Josh Stones won't go amiss.

These lads won't cost a fortune but  could make a difference until MM can have a proper clear-out in the summer.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Sai England Under 19

Walker not released by Blackburn and played every game on loan at Morecambe. 

Stones just signed a 3 year deal before joining us. 
Conlon won promotion from league two, and seen as their best player for 2/3 seasons. 

This is the first MM signing that looks a real punt- especially given it’s a permanent. 

There are plenty in our side who could make sporadic appearances in league one and hold their own. But they don’t play at that level because they aren’t consistent enough. He’s a young prospect who’s dropping 4 divisions to get regular football after a lukewarm loan. 

Anyway, let’s see. He just needs to be better than Magehy. . . 😂

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

This is the first MM signing that looks a real punt- especially given it’s a permanent. 

There are plenty in our side who could make sporadic appearances in league one and hold their own. But they don’t play at that level because they aren’t consistent enough. He’s a young prospect who’s dropping 4 divisions to get regular football after a lukewarm loan. 

Anyway, let’s see. He just needs to be better than Magehy. . . 😂

Wales u21 International, u18s and u21s captain at Forest suggests he's not without talent. 

Of course it's a step up to regular mens football but an 18 month deal doesn't sound unreasonable when you consider some of the 2/3 year deals we have handed out to numpties.

Good luck to the lad.

Times have changed, I know, but Big Joe made a habit of raiding higher clubs for young talent on the fringes and that didn't turn out too bad.

Be interesting to see who the next signing is now.

In MM and GB we trust.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Started 4 games in league 1 with a further 6 off the bench for a team in the bottom four.

Hopefully dropping down to the National League will allow him to show more.

In Mellon we trust I suppose…

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You keep saying this BD, are you not convinced with 5PM yet? (Not a loaded question, genuinely asking) 

I read that as he does trust him, Mellon has a terrific record in unearthing players and to be fair he gives Brabin some credit for this so we have to trust the process.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Like the age/profile of players being brought in by MM and Brabin, who have a good talent-spotting record.

Youngsters from Prem, Champs, L1 with a point to prove who will hopefully add "legs" and enthusiasm. A few more like Josh Stones won't go amiss.

These lads won't cost a fortune but  could make a difference until MM can have a proper clear-out in the summer.

Can't believe how negative some on here are.Earlier someone wanted Ollie Banks. Well we got an Ollie and he's ginger so must be good.

Transfer market value him at £250000.

I trust MM.whose taken his time to bring in players,so have every faith in his signings.

Just what we need. Youth and energy.K.T.F

4 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Can't believe how negative some on here are.Earlier someone wanted Ollie Banks. Well we got an Ollie and he's ginger so must be good.

I trust MM.whose taken his time to bring in players,so have every faith in his signings.

Cheers Barry

37 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We haven't controlled on more than a handful of occasions for 18 months. I’ll take any new centre mid we can get to hopefully improve that.

Won’t be any worse than McGahey and Sheron. 

Or Gardner. The free pass this guy gets from some on here is bewildering. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

57 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Transfermarkt...😂😂😂😂😂