Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The Spitfire link is nothing to do with it. He’s just posted a cover of “For Tomorrow” by Blur which have planes on the sleeve. It’s just meaning there is a signing tomorrow, he expects.

The wrong trees some of you lot are barking at. 😂

The marketing team have spoiled us. Kan u stop all this speculation please.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The Spitfire link is nothing to do with it. He’s just posted a cover of “For Tomorrow” by Blur which have planes on the sleeve. It’s just meaning there is a signing tomorrow, he expects.

I thought it was about the clouds in the background- and it was an ethereal link to how the gloom is slowly shifting around the club. But I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dickie Down said:

I wonder if Scott Quigley would be the more likely signing from Eastleigh?

For the avoidance of doubt, this is uninformed speculation.

Ive just tweeted exactly that. McCallum and Norwood too similar. A better foil for him would definitely be Quigley. Like Stones in that he will run the channels, dribble, cross, pass, you can lump it to him and it'll stick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

With all these incomings and speculation of our 27th Striker incoming, it raises an important question.

Will Joe Nuttall be the next Winston Bogarde? 

#bigmoneyjusttotrain

Nobody will take him so I suppose the answer is yes.

42 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Feels like being on an episode of 321 with all these cryptic clues. 

If the person is on here who put something simliar on twitter about a minute before this post, I promise I didn't see it and steal it! Great minds...

• Like 1

Surely if the rumour of Dallas is true surely any cryptic clues would be abit more round the 80's TV series or would that be too obvious. I'm sure the social media team will jump on it tomorrow. 

Dallas

NB: If he does sign we have a ready to go song for him that's easy to singalong too.

It's all rather exciting this waiting on a new signing remember when we used to sit around waiting for the next CLUB STATEMENT to come out.

Edited by GlossopLatic

56 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

So what you're saying is.... we're signing FOUR tomorrow????

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If the person is on here who put something simliar on twitter about a minute before this post, I promise I didn't see it and steal it! Great minds...

Sorry to piss on your chips but I thought similar this morning so that blows your great minds theory out of the water 🙂

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I think MKs tweet is just referring to the Blur song and the lyrics ‘holding on for tomorrow’. So a signing tomorrow. The cover art being a spitfire I think is just a red herring co-incidence.

Keegan just tweeted explaining pretty much the above