Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

On 1/21/2024 at 2:46 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Surely if the rumour of Dallas is true surely any cryptic clues would be abit more round the 80's TV series or would that be too obvious. I'm sure the social media team will jump on it tomorrow. 

Dallas

NB: If he does sign we have a ready to go song for him that's easy to singalong too.

It's all rather exciting this waiting on a new signing remember when we used to sit around waiting for the next CLUB STATEMENT to come out.

Well if this was the inspiration behind the video on the clubs Facebook page you are welcome btw. 😆

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If he can replicate his previous form at this level he will be a huge signing but feel strangely underwhelmed now it’s been disclosed…

Me too, I think it’s probably because the majority of “quality” signings we have made recently have been distinctly underwhelming . That said I’d say him and Norwood ( on paper) must be the best strike partnership in this league . 

Seems like he is a one goal in two or three games kind of striker. Between him and Norwood [albeit with the proper service] they should bag plenty of goals. It seems a decent bit of business to me, I'm not sure why some are underwhelmed. 

Another one being worked on as well. Kanu coming to us later in the week once we have played Barnet 👀

Dallas is a good signing. Him and Norwood is some firepower for this level. 

Let’s see if we can shift a couple now too….

1 minute ago, aaronoafc said:

Another one being worked on as well. Kanu coming to us later in the week once we have played Barnet 👀

Dallas is a good signing. Him and Norwood is some firepower for this level. 

Let’s see if we can shift a couple now too….

Could well be. Can only see it being a winger or cover for full back.

That's what Solihull and Chesterfield thought and he lost in play off final 2 years in a row.

Just saying.

Hope we can get him back to his best cos I really like Dallas. Good movement off the ball, good pace and a smart finisher. 

If, as hinted at, there is another signing still to come then I'm very optimistic of a good 2nd half to the season.