Curzon Ashton

Shame about the weather, probably put a few off given the lack of cover.

Think we will start out best eleven, hoping to see a front three of Willoughby, Fondop and Reid at some stage.

If we go with four at the back it will be interesting to see who he leaves out at centre half as Hobson/Raglan looked very good the other night and Hogan would be my third choice at the minute. Still no right back so Sutton may get another chance.

Hoping for more goals and entertaining football.

• Like 1

yes this all makes sense l'd inagine Sutton/Hobson/Sheron/Shelton at RB in a four or Green in a five. other than that strongest team.

l don't think we will ever have a 'settled Xl' week to week, but not in a bad way. in a 55+ game season (lm obvs having two cup runs) then 15-16 players can still clock up 40+ starts. thats enough if they give everything like theyre promising they will..

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Shame about the weather, probably put a few off given the lack of cover.

Think we will start out best eleven, hoping to see a front three of Willoughby, Fondop and Reid at some stage.

If we go with four at the back it will be interesting to see who he leaves out at centre half as Hobson/Raglan looked very good the other night and Hogan would be my third choice at the minute. Still no right back so Sutton may get another chance.

Hoping for more goals and entertaining football.

There's plenty of cover with 2 large stands.

The bus strike will put a lot off though.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

Assuming that team starts the season at Southend, which of the outfield players would miss out from being on the bench?

We can only pick 4 from Sutton, Couto, Sheron, Hope, Nuttall, Tollitt, Willoughby. And that’s without Gardner getting back fit. 

I’d go for Sheron, Hope, Nuttall & Willoughby.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Three at the back with Shelton at wing back?

Looks like round pegs, square holes to me. I hope to God we don't see Hobson asked to play rightback again.

if its 3 at the back ld imagine Green be the wingback. looks to me like a strong team with a strong bench.

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

Still very light, aren't we? 

We could do with another winger, centre midfielder and two right-backs.

Not long to go now, Rhino...

1 right back needed as we have cover there. We’re not getting another central midfielder unless Gardner is leaving. Agree re the need for a winger.