Curzon Ashton

43 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Not with such a poor looking midfield behind them 

That may change, Unsworth hasn’t finished recruitment yet…he wants 3 more players in for the start of the season!!

I have a feeling there may still be a departure or two yet.

Edited by oafc1955

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

If we're using this logic, when Nuttall came into the team last season we went from being relegation candidates to 3rd in the form table...

l don't think logic is a valid argument in this 

Edited by Monty Burns

Basically Chorleys defence for the last 20 - 30 minutes consisted of players who of which some were playing out of position. Had never played together, and two of them were injured and should not really have been on the pitch.Think at 66 i could have scored against them. Its ok everyone saying Fondop this and that . I hope he has a good season and is more consistent and reverses his career trend of being a flash in the pan striker .Think all the forwards will have a role to play this year. And we should get behind them all.

Edited by penrhyn
typo

14 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Basically Chorleys defence for the last 20 - 30 minutes consisted of players who of which some were playing out of position. Had never played together, and two of them were injured and should not really have been on the pitch.

Is he saying he asked Unsworth if he could send a subbed player back on because of it and he said no?

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Good stuff. Will take him a while to get back up to speed (or even up to speed) but if we look after him he will be a serious player for us this year. 

Mick Rathbone should be given free Georgian for life if he can keep him fit for a whole season......

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sure I saw him training on little Wembley the other day.

He was on the pitch at Curzon with the fitness team prior to the players coming out, as was McGahey at Southport.  Got to say both looked in really good condition.

On 7/23/2023 at 1:59 PM, Le miserable1 said:

I think we need a Nuttall :censored:/Nuttall great thread.Perhaps we can actually talk about the match in the match thead

Agreed. He takes up a lot of virtual column space for a player that is a) a long way away from the worst striker we've never had and b) a striker who hasn't even started our last two friendly matches.

Plus, I guarantee Nuttall will be in the starting lineup come the first match. I'm not a massive Nuttall fan either. I thought he did an adequate job with virtually none existent service. He'll get better the more the ball is put to him in the right areas and he has the kind of dark art shithousery about his game that I fucking love.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Agreed. He takes up a lot of virtual column space for a player that is a) a long way away from the worst striker we've never had and b) a striker who hasn't even started our last two friendly matches.

Plus, I guarantee Nuttall will be in the starting lineup come the first match. I'm not a massive Nuttall fan either. I thought he did an adequate job with virtually none existent service. He'll get better the more the ball is put to him in the right areas and he has the kind of dark art shithousery about his game that I fucking love.

Shithousery? Honestly I must be watching the wrong player, for a lad his size he spends his time in the oppositions pocket and hardly puts himself about, slapping some plumber who plays for Southport under the refs nose is hardly shithousery in my book, I think there is a player in there but he seems content to cost through games.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Shithousery? Honestly I must be watching the wrong player, for a lad his size he spends his time in the oppositions pocket and hardly puts himself about, slapping some plumber who plays for Southport under the refs nose is hardly shithousery in my book, I think there is a player in there but he seems content to cost through games.

Just watch him closely in matches and you'll get what I mean.

Getting that squad depth balance right is important.

If we do get 3 more players in (without any more departures) then competition, even just for a place on the bench, will be tough.

We’ll be picking 4 outfield subs from; Hope, Tollitt, Nuttall, Willoughby, Sheron, Sutton, Gardner, Couto, McGahey + 3 new signings (based on the last teamsheet)