Curzon Ashton

I don’t think Nuttall is shit, I’ve seen him play well but not often enough if I’m honest. I’m not sure he was any better than we already had at the time we signed him , but fondop was a bit up

and down around then if I remember rightly. Yesterday was a fitness exercise but they need to be firing on all cylinders come august 

28 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Its up to him to get his game back.

And what game is that?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season because he came into a poor side with poor players seemingly bereft of any sort of game plan.

However, apart from an excellent goal at Notts County I can’t really remember anything else of note.

His 1st touch is poor, he doesn’t hold it very well, and he doesn’t create very much.

We apparently paid 6 figures for his services and I’m expecting a massive improvement in his game, however, listening to the comments regarding these friendlies it seems to be ‘as you were’ with him.

I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve seen him myself but the signs are not good!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And what game is that?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season because he came into a poor side with poor players seemingly bereft of any sort of game plan.

However, apart from an excellent goal at Notts County I can’t really remember anything else of note.

His 1st touch is poor, he doesn’t hold it very well, and he doesn’t create very much.

We apparently paid 6 figures for his services and I’m expecting a massive improvement in his game, however, listening to the comments regarding these friendlies it seems to be ‘as you were’ with him.

I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve seen him myself but the signs are not good!

I'm no great fan of Nuttall if you look back on my posts and support in other fans criticism  of him.All I'm saying is that he must improve and get sharper and fitter and him and Hope can both improve and help in what is an abundance of strikers for Unsworth to choose from over the entirety of the season.

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I'm no great fan of Nuttall if you look back on my posts and support in other fans criticism  of him.All I'm saying is that he must improve and get sharper and fitter and him and Hope can both improve and help in what is an abundance of strikers for Unsworth to choose from over the entirety of the season.

Surely he'll realise his position is in serious jeopardy and wake up,

He still has time to get going and redeem himself, I seriously hope he takes it onboard and knuckles down.

10 to 15 goals should now be his own target with better players around him.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Misspelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Fondop was in Nuttalls place this time last year, it was virtually impossible to find somebody else who liked him.

Ah but what did he do about it?

Let's hope Joe takes note because currently he's on a downward trajectory 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Ah but what did he do about it?

Let's hope Joe takes note because currently he's on a downward trajectory 

fully expect him to. 

Mike, Pass Joe that non fungable 'Carthorse' sticker the bellends made for you last year..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

fully expect him to. 

Mike, Pass Joe that non fungable 'Carthorse' sticker the bellends made for you last year..

Scoring goals is his job but if he can't do that maybe he'd make a decent centre half?

Criticism is valid and will continue to be so, until he fulfils his potential and repays the faith put in him, if it's still the same with 10 game's played, I'd get rid

We need Winner's!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Scoring goals is his job but if he can't do that maybe he'd make a decent centre half?

Criticism is valid and will continue to be so, until he fulfils his potential and repays the faith put in him, if it's still the same with 10 game's played, I'd get rid

We need Winner's!

fair do's. its pretty boring the amount of 'shit' players who thrive when they move away from here.

l'm glad were trying to change it and expect a lot from Nuttall this season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Oldham have played 360 minutes in pre season.

Nuttall has played 153 minutes of that 360 and we have scored 0 goals.

in the other 207 minutes he hasn’t played in we have scored 9 goals.

Coincidence? I think not.

No proof there is any relevance so you cant state like this is some fact. Unless you're saying the fact Nuttall played in all those games after new year is the reason we scored so many and were 3rd in form table?

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We need Winner's!

Until he fulfills his potential? He was literally joint 7th top scorer in the whole league last season. Clutching

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No proof there is any relevance so you cant state like this is some fact. Unless you're saying the fact Nuttall played in all those games after new year is the reason we scored so many and were 3rd in form table?

Until he fulfills his potential? He was literally joint 7th top scorer in the whole league last season. Clutching

You're absolutely correct, he's most certainly no goal machine over his distinguished career so far,

I just don't see him as the answer but hope that I'm proved wrong

12 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

You're absolutely correct, he's most certainly no goal machine over his distinguished career so far,

I just don't see him as the answer but hope that I'm proved wrong

But he doesn't have to be the answer, he needs to be part of the answer

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

But he doesn't have to be the answer, he needs to be part of the answer

Correct….we now have 3, maybe even 4 strikers who are capable of scoring 20 goals a season.

The team should primarily be picked on merit but also include the players best suited to win any particular match!

I trust Unsworth to make the right decisions….horses for courses and all that!

Its a selection headache we haven’t had for a very long time….bring it on!!

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Correct….we now have 3, maybe even 4 strikers who are capable of scoring 20 goals a season.

The team should primarily be picked on merit but also include the players best suited to win any particular match!

I trust Unsworth to make the right decisions….horses for courses and all that!

Its a selection headache we haven’t had for a very long time….bring it on!!

If, as per the pod this morning,  we get another three players in then, for me, we have the right size squad but, more importantly, genuine competition for places throughout.

17 hours ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Oldham have played 360 minutes in pre season.

Nuttall has played 153 minutes of that 360 and we have scored 0 goals.

in the other 207 minutes he hasn’t played in we have scored 9 goals.

Coincidence? I think not.

If we're using this logic, when Nuttall came into the team last season we went from being relegation candidates to 3rd in the form table...

• Like 1