MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

Decent effort from Dickinson toward the end, and he picks up yet another booking for demanding a corner.  So 4 booked now. 

We can only hope Southend went off like a train purely on adrenaline, aren’t actually as fit as they appear to be… and will tire. 

Otherwise, we aren’t remotely looking like getting back in this. 

A very very very poor half. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Decent effort from Dickinson toward the end, and he picks up yet another booking for demanding a corner.  So 4 booked now. 

We can only hope Southend went off like a train purely on adrenaline, aren’t actually as fit as they appear to be… and will tire. 

Otherwise, we aren’t remotely looking like getting back in this. 

A very very very poor half. 

New rules this season say you can't approach a ref now, it seems our management haven't told they players or they are senseless.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

We have 5 or 6 new players, a full close season and absolutely nothing has changed.

FFS. we.still.have.no.midfield!!!

Exactly, Norwood the exception but the rest need to come out and play, they are fit, had all the time they need to prepare, there’s 600 of us travelled all that way. We’ve been subjected to shiteball for a big chunk of last season. Time to deliver ..

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We have 5 or 6 new players, a full close season and absolutely nothing has changed.

FFS. we.still.have.no.midfield!!!

This exactly. 
Criticism of Norwood and Nuttall, yet the issue time and time again is our extremely poor midfield. Granted, we are missing the lad from Altrincham and Green is missing, but there is just nothing there in that first half. Desperately need to strengthen midfield as top priority.

• Like 1

Just now, JED said:

This exactly. 
Criticism of Norwood and Nuttall, yet the issue time and time again is our extremely poor midfield. Granted, we are missing the lad from Altrincham and Green is missing, but there is just nothing there in that first half. Desperately need to strengthen midfield as top priority.

I wonder if Ebrell will risk a half fit Dan Gardner?

How come out of possession we just back off but when Southend lose the ball they go after it in fours and fives, aren't we supposed to be the ones with the pre season under us?, only hope is that these get leggy as the game wears on, he'll probably send them out though to do exactly the same thing, if I was Frank I'd be having a chat with Maher before I leave or getting on to Williamson at Gateshead, I honestly cannot see us going anywhere with this set up it's fucking awful. Car crash even, we still don't have a midfielder who can pass a ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Sutton is gash. Terrible defending. Terrible going forwards.

Need someone out wide to get balls into the box

Totally agree on balls into box. Feel a bit for Sutton who clearly isn’t a wing back. With him there we aren’t going to offer anything right flank going forward 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Totally agree on balls into box. Feel a bit for Sutton who clearly isn’t a wing back. With him there we aren’t going to offer anything right flank going forward 

Exactly - it was stupid picking him because he isn’t good enough going forward, and gets caught out of position when defending. He’s a good blocker at centre half- that’s it. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Forget the result for a minute- it’s only the first game. 

Why is this performance tactics and errors so familiar? 🤔

I’m not there but this is what worries me already, surely the style will be different now with better players added and we can actually play a bit without being exposed in the process