Unsworth Out

45 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Erm thats the point! Nobody has said we have moved forward.....because we haven't!! We have in fact moved backwards if compared to the 2h of last season. Your happy to for him to continue underperforming week after week I guess?

I'm perfectly happy with Frank's competency as a chairman and thank him for all he continues to do for a club I've followed round the land for 40 plus years.

I'm not happy with Unsworths competency as a manager though, and never will be.

Not really I think he's a couple of weeks from the sack and that's the point I've been making they will sack him if this carries on. That's why I'm not losing my shit over this right now.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes it was a good joke initially, a bit like those supporters who used arrows to point at the goal.

My point was the joke doesn't work when we don't play defensive and score goals. I am sure those supporters with the arrows stopped when they started to score goals.

Where do we go when we have used up the San Marino joke, Scotland blues? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It's a bit of humour that's pretty inoffensive, San Marino blues. Find it hard to get upset at that. 

On the coach, in the pub. Fine. Knock yourselves out. Top bantz. 

Waving a San Marino flag at the players might have a negative affect on them though. I just don’t see the point in doing that. But maybe I’m overreacting and they all love it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Norwood was taken off because he was at risk of being sent off. The reason he was at risk of being sent off is because he is frustrated at the tactics we employ. You are being argumentative for the sake of it (again) and are in danger of becoming the biggest attention seeker on this forum...

Seconded 

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

l noticed the mods on here didn't do or amend a thread to MATCH:Gateshead(A)

this is clearly down to Unsworth not clapping the fans and having his hands in his pockets. the malaise has slipped into the fans and we will be lucky if 2000 turn up on saturday*

Start winning and everybody's happy

Crowds will be up and all this will pale into insignificance.

It's just we can't and everything gets micro analysed because of it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

On the coach, in the pub. Fine. Knock yourselves out. Top bantz. 

Waving a San Marino flag at the players might have a negative affect on them though. I just don’t see the point in doing that. But maybe I’m overreacting and they all love it? 

If the players get a bit upset at someone waving a San Marino flag at them, maybe it's time they sought a new profession. 

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Start winning and everybody's happy

Crowds will be up and all this will pale into insignificance.

It's just we can't and everything gets micro analysed because of it

aye. be funny if somebody forgets its me and starts havin a go.

infact l hope they do bc its passion init 💪🏻

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If the players get a bit upset at someone waving a San Marino flag at them, maybe it's time they sought a new profession. 

Sigh. I’m not saying they’ll be upset. I’m certain they won’t be. 

But in terms of wanting a group of players to put in maximum effort and be motivated to do well for the club then that sort of shit will either have no affect or a negative affect. So what’s the point?

In a world of “fine margins” what’s the point in our fans taking the piss out of our own players a few games into the season?

Anyway, this is a minor gripe so also no point me going on about it. I’m off to wonder about whether I should have said effect instead of affect 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

But in terms of wanting a group of players to put in maximum effort and be motivated to do well for the club then that sort of shit will either have no affect or a negative affect. So what’s the point?

In a world of “fine margins” what’s the point in our fans taking the piss out of our own players a few games into the season?

Anyway, this is a minor gripe so also no point me going on about it. I’m off to wonder about whether I should have said effect instead of affect 🤷‍♂️ 

That's how petty this has all become,

Get that all important win and the worlds a far better place, happiness will be far and wide 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Norwood was taken off because he was at risk of being sent off. The reason he was at risk of being sent off is because he is frustrated at the tactics we employ. You are being argumentative for the sake of it (again) and are in danger of becoming the biggest attention seeker on this forum...

And rightly taken off. It still isn't Unsworths fault he can't control his temper 

58 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Seconded 

Shock

42 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Weird how it’s affected our players far more than anyone else isn’t it. 

I just looked at the league above us. Notts County have worst disciplinary record and they're top of table. 18 yellows and 2 reds. So no, not just us. We're not even the worst in our league

28 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

16 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

That's how petty this has all become,

Get that all important win and the worlds a far better place, happiness will be far and wide 👍

@Ackey shown me how to double quote to save on my spamming so this is my second attempt l even think the first worked. there was a massive arrow no fuckin about even l got it.

another thing lve noticed as a fine margin over analyser is that some people don't believe just how important they can be!!

not actually sure why l tagged Ackey

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

And rightly taken off. It still isn't Unsworths fault he can't control his temper 

Shock

I just looked at the league above us. Notts County have worst disciplinary record and they're top of table. 18 yellows and 2 reds. So no, not just us. We're not even the worst in our league

yes but ours are shit apart from the Sutton one and that was harsh plus Gardner last week picked up an excellent yellow when somebody elses man had the opportunity to get in on goal.

lve watched Sutton v Notts full 90 bc it was 5-1 Sutton 😳 all the cards in that game except the red and one yellow were for Football stuff like shirt pulling somebody who has turned you or Gardners excellent yellow from above.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I most probably need to stay away from this place for a while. I said my piece to Frank on Saturday (no anomosity) and we parted on friendly terms. Pointless me going round in circles about Unsworth, I now realise he is going nowhere. 

40 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Shock

We both have our own faults and that's laid bare on here,

Atleast we have a passion for the club to do well and that's something both of us have in common if nowt else 👍

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I most probably need to stay away from this place for a while. I said my piece to Frank on Saturday (no anomosity) and we parted on friendly terms. Pointless me going round in circles about Unsworth, I now realise he is going nowhere. 

If we don't start winning soon then he'll have to go. They've already cut him plenty of slack but results need to pick up quickly starting on Saturday against Dorking.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Think a few more could do with taking a leaf out of your book (not the staying away from here bit)

Just dial the rhetoric down and see how things play out.

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Yep real inspirational management and tactical genius will be needed as we take on the might and football powerhouses of Dorking, Oxford City, Kidderminster, York, Bromley and Wealdstone this month. 

Can't wait👍

BP will be a seething cauldron of vitriolic piss boil if they lose on Saturday.
Even a draw will get the chants going.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not really I think he's a couple of weeks from the sack and that's the point I've been making they will sack him if this carries on. That's why I'm not losing my shit over this right now.

yep. no way hes in a job if we lose the next couple.

Franks pleading tho has been completely glossed over by some.