Unsworth Out

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

How do you know? He’s a succesful businessman and will have made difficult decisions before.  Losing crowds, losing income, losing matches will weigh heavily and changing his mind isn’t losing face, it’s brave leadership 

Did I hear it wrong on the video, didn't he back Unsworth to the hilt?

Just now, Wardie said:

If only there wasn't.

I know he's winding me up now with his drivel.

Their keeper literally hasn't had to save one shot but he thinks we somehow created four clear cut chances in the first half, honestly mate fuck off with your exhausting bullshit, we looked fucking clueless at times against a pub team and haven't won in six and have four points from the last twenty four, do the right thing and empty your fucking desk.

• Like 5

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Their keeper literally hasn't had to save one shot but he thinks we somehow created four clear cut chances in the first half, honestly mate fuck off with your exhausting bullshit, we looked fucking clueless at times against a pub team and haven't won in six and have four points from the last twenty four, do the right thing and empty your fucking desk.

From his interviews I think we can see how he is rinsing the board into giving him more time. It must have been too warm for his Gillet. :D 

Honestly if anyone has a reasoned argument for keeping this absolute chump then I'm all ears and if the Rothwell's are that out of touch with the fanbase I really worry going forward because they are backing the wrong horse here, I predict another 500 to 1000 off the next Saturday home game which would be fucking tragic in the grand scheme of things.

They'll be pissing money down the drain quicker than they ever imagined if they continue to be so stupid and back him with nothing other than blind faith.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I’m beginning to think he classes crossing the halfway line as a clear cut chance

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Did I hear it wrong on the video, didn't he back Unsworth to the hilt?

12 months ago he told us their was no money to spend on transfers ww then did some serious spending on player recruitment.

He will know that publicly he has to support the manager but privately he will have to be objective he will sack him if he has too and I think he will he's a dead man walking now.

Its sad when we have to do this but it feels like it's the only right thing to do.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

12 months ago he told us their was no money to spend on transfers ww then did some serious spending on player recruitment.

He will know that publicly he has to support the manager but privately he will have to be objective he will sack him if he has too and I think he will he's a dead man walking now.

Its sad when we have to do this but it feels like it's the only right thing to do.

At his very first press conference when he bought the club he said everyone had to stick behind Shez no matter how hard things got. 
Unsworth was sat in the stands watching us a few games later after Pete Wild had already allegedly turned us down.

15 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

But that doesn’t have anything with him changing his mind ! For goodness’ sake ….

To do so would make his words look foolish, I don't think he would want that and will stand by them.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

To do so would make his words look foolish, I don't think he would want that and will stand by them.

He's looking more foolish by the day for employing him and then failing to recognise that the bloke is out of his depth, there's nothing to stand by the bloke is finished it's a question now of how the board limit the damage, I couldn't be arsed chanting Unsworth out today and it dawned on me that the apathy I felt prior the the Rothwells coming in has already set in again, what a shame.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Unsworth post match interview - No words 🙈🙈🙈

If what he says is what he actually believes then we are fucked with him in charge. Its the same drivel every week. The fucking clueless idiot set up with one loan striker chasing shadows with no service and then claims that THEY frustrated us. The only frustration going on at latics games are his shit tactics. I wouldn’t ask him to set up a deck chair, let alone a professional football team. I worry for what has to happen for the board to act. I genuinely wanted it to work with Unsworth, but it just isn’t. He is out of his depth and he doesn’t know how to turn this round. He has to go and he has to go now

My take.I could understand his appointment,the Royles knew him,past experience etc.I’ve followed Latics since 86,in that time I’ve shouted at matches for 2 previous managers to go.David Penney and David Dunn.Now I made my mind up about Unsworth pretty quickly,he constantly builds up the opposition,I wonder if he does this in team meetings.Now every match we start with 1 point,I have a feeling he clings to that 1 point and then with the likes of Norwood thinks we’ll have enough to get 3.The problem is we have no attacking intent,we play with the handbrake on.We lose the ball and then retreat to the edge of our box,the midfield is on top of the defence and the poor sods(or sod if we’re playing someone really good) is left scratching his arse 60 yards away.He’s had more financial backing and more support than any other manager I can remember.Oh and don’t get me started on his interviews,he regularly watches a different game to me and contradicts himself so much it’s beyond funny.I understand we don’t want to be known for sacking managers,that’s perfectly understandable,however if it’s blindingly obvious you’ve appointed a dud it’s best to get rid.I personally believe if he is a friend of the Royles he’d do the decent thing and resign.My final point ,we should never appoint another David as manager!

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

My take.I could understand his appointment,the Royles knew him,past experience etc.I’ve followed Latics since 86,in that time I’ve shouted at matches for 2 previous managers to go.David Penney and David Dunn.Now I made my mind up about Unsworth pretty quickly,he constantly builds up the opposition,I wonder if he does this in team meetings.Now every match we start with 1 point,I have a feeling he clings to that 1 point and then with the likes of Norwood thinks we’ll have enough to get 3.The problem is we have no attacking intent,we play with the handbrake on.We lose the ball and then retreat to the edge of our box,the midfield is on top of the defence and the poor sods(or sod if we’re playing someone really good) is left scratching his arse 60 yards away.He’s had more financial backing and more support than any other manager I can remember.Oh and don’t get me started on his interviews,he regularly watches a different game to me and contradicts himself so much it’s beyond funny.I understand we don’t want to be known for sacking managers,that’s perfectly understandable,however if it’s blindingly obvious you’ve appointed a dud it’s best to get rid.I personally believe if he is a friend of the Royles he’d do the decent thing and resign.My final point ,we should never appoint another David as manager!

The Penney Dunn dropped...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

At his very first press conference when he bought the club he said everyone had to stick behind Shez no matter how hard things got. 
Unsworth was sat in the stands watching us a few games later after Pete Wild had already allegedly turned us down.

Exactly what people say in public and what they do in private are and should always be different things.

15 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Unsworth in the Oldham times “the balls just not going in”

well that’s because we aren’t creating any real chances . Just half mostly hopeful ones .

Just another of his well worn out cliches.

How much longer must even his few supporters give him.

At least Shez who loves our club did the honorable  thing and walked.Just wish he had been given the time and funding  this imposter has had.

• Like 1