Aldershot Game - Line Up

3 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Don't think we will see Ward, Lundstram or Green for six weeks with hamstring injuries. Maybe eight weeks as hammies are notoriously tricky if you want to avoid recurrence.

So they could miss 8, 9, 10 games - a significant chunk of the season.

"Midfield trio Josh Lundstram, Devarn Green and Dan Ward are unlikely to feature for Latics this month, with the possibility of Green and Ward absent for around eight weeks after both sustained hamstring injuries."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/oldham-athletics-midfield-misery-trio-sidelined

This striker situation is fucking ridiculous. 
Norwood’s quality and his availability couldn’t be ignored but if it’s has been said and that Unsworth wasn’t happy with the striker’s he had and wanted another one you’ve got to ask just wtf is going on!!

We still need a CM & a RB & that would mean having a squad of 28 which is again getting too big….I’m just staggered!!!!

40 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"Midfield trio Josh Lundstram, Devarn Green and Dan Ward are unlikely to feature for Latics this month, with the possibility of Green and Ward absent for around eight weeks after both sustained hamstring injuries."

Well somethings gone tits up there then hasn't it.

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

FFS.  Eight weeks! 

Norman

Hobson

Hogan

Raglan

Kitching

Tollitt

Sheron

Shelton

Dickenson

Willoughby 

Norwood

Hobson is obviously a "make-do-and-mend" situation, I'm actually OK with Sheron and Shelton as a midfield two if there's a player like Willoughby who can drop deeper to get on the ball and attack-minded wingers like Tollitt, Dickenson or even Hope to give us a balanced attacking threat.  Also with Gardner's recent injury record I'd still only use him as a sub so to not waste one.

With no right back or right wing-back, there's no reason for Unsworth to persist with a 3-5-2.  If he does on Saturday then that's a big red flag.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Norman

Hobson

Hogan

Raglan

Kitching

Tollitt

Sheron

Shelton

Dickenson

Willoughby 

Norwood

Hobson is obviously a "make-do-and-mend" situation, I'm actually OK with Sheron and Shelton as a midfield two if there's a player like Willoughby who can drop deeper to get on the ball and attack-minded wingers like Tollitt, Dickenson or even Hope to give us a balanced attacking threat.  Also with Gardner's recent injury record I'd still only use him as a sub so to not waste one.

With no right back or right wing-back, there's no reason for Unsworth to persist with a 3-5-2.  If he does on Saturday then that's a big red flag.

And that's still a much stronger team than we were able to field this time last season.

Just don't want watch the video footage of Aldershot's new striker, Tolaj. Only one game but a fine, fine debut.  

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

The Shots new striker Tolaj could have a field day on Saturday….has a great left foot and shoots from distance…with our non tackling midfield and defenders that just back off then Norman may get some more long range shot stopping practice 🤣

Jinx!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Norman

Hobson

Hogan

Raglan

Kitching

Tollitt

Sheron

Shelton

Dickenson

Willoughby 

Norwood

l don't think Tollitt works hard enough for a start, so l would play Hallam Hope 😳

not ignoring your risk factor but Gardner for Shelton bc the other option is too big an insanity stick to whack him with.

asis 352 as you correctly say. 

23 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

The Willoughby situation is just fucking weird to me, same with Reid to an extent, you can tell Unsworth doesn't fancy Fondop or Reid long term with his reluctance to give them a run despite linking up well pre season and then going out for a sixth striker. 

He needs to hope that all these players he's dropped on their heads are ready to dig him out of the shit come Saturday because he needs to call on them now. His blind faith in Nuttall will probably lead to him getting the sack eventually if he insists on flogging a dead horse.

For me he sees them as impact players rather than consistent starters. Ole Solksjaer at scum a good example, can't say fergie disliked him even though he was often left with 15 minutes to do something.

2 hours ago, hinchy said:

For me he sees them as impact players rather than consistent starters. Ole Solksjaer at scum a good example, can't say fergie disliked him even though he was often left with 15 minutes to do something.

Unsworth - note to self..."I do actually need to include players in the matchday squad, and for them to come onto the pitch and play, for them to be an impact player...."😂

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

don't l wish our right back was Kieran Lee*

*or even CM he would piss it

I was thinking CM, but could offer cover at RB. My dad is a Bolton fan and has been raving about his control of their midfield for the past few seasons 

But i'd be happy to see him RB just for that song