Aldershot Game - Line Up

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

bc it comes out in a 352, keep up 🤣

l still think it could work with green and a proper match mentality. l'm far more concerned by the mindset than the formation. 

we also have five central strikers, so 352 or 442 is the best way to ONLY leave out three players!

l have advocated a 433 or 343 of Willoughby Norwood Reid but l'm shoe horning if l'm honest.

l'll be very, very interested in body language all this week and on saturday. we picked up five yellows and a red whilst being meek as fuck at weekend. for me thats wholly unacceptable, reds and yellows are an inevitable by product of aggressively winning Football matches.

Good point Monty. I've posted on another thread that a worry I have about Unsworth, Ebbrell & co is that I can't see evidence that they've developed any of the players since they took charge. Mindset is a big part of that - where is the winning mentality? I also agree it's not to be confused with yellow and red cards - refs have been told to clamp down on indiscipline this season and our lot need to learn that lesson very quickly.

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Good point Monty. I've posted on another thread that a worry I have about Unsworth, Ebbrell & co is that I can't see evidence that they've developed any of the players since they took charge. Mindset is a big part of that - where is the winning mentality? I also agree it's not to be confused with yellow and red cards - refs have been told to clamp down on indiscipline this season and our lot need to learn that lesson very quickly.

Important point about discipline and taking account of the new directives. I think at least two of the bookings on Saturday were for dissent. Even without the sending off we were walking the disciplinary tightrope in the second half, need to cut out the needless yellows.

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

Is a right back going to turn this around ? 

10 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Looks like we all want New RB to start on Saturday!

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Who you bringing off the bench to replace Gardner when he goes off injured?

How can we be that desperate after all the players we’ve brought in since Unsworth’s been here, that we all want this potential new right back to play and no one knows who he is yet!

To be honest, at the moment if we had time travel and could get Cafu at his peak into the side, I worry about what Unsworth might do with/to him!!

We can't really play 5 at the back now, unless Green is fit and plays RWB which isn't a good fit

So I'm expecting kitching Hogan raglan hobson as a back 4 unless we sign a RB

DU seems to love Nuttall in a 2 ST system so I'd guess 442 with Nuttall and Norwood

And doesn't appear to trust Gardner so I'd guess Shelton and Sheron CM by default 

Dickenson LM

Just no idea who can play RM if Green isn't fit

Really should force him to go more 433 since apparently Green and Reid have played LW/RW in a 433 before but he then has to make a Norwood or Nuttall decision at ST with only one obvious winner so I can't see that happening 

7 minutes ago, St92 said:

We can't really play 5 at the back now, unless Green is fit and plays RWB which isn't a good fit

So I'm expecting kitching Hogan raglan hobson as a back 4 unless we sign a RB

DU seems to love Nuttall in a 2 ST system so I'd guess 442 with Nuttall and Norwood

And doesn't appear to trust Gardner so I'd guess Shelton and Sheron CM by default 

Dickenson LM

Just no idea who can play RM if Green isn't fit

Really should force him to go more 433 since apparently Green and Reid have played LW/RW in a 433 before but he then has to make a Norwood or Nuttall decision at ST with only one obvious winner so I can't see that happening 

Hope or Tollitt could play RW/RM. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Hope or Tollitt could play RW/RM. 

Just another example of what appears to be a strange decision on the face of it... Tollit's contract extension based on a few good performances. Had a few bad ones and hasn't had a look in since. Odd.

5 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Who you bringing off the bench to replace Gardner when he goes off injured?

How can we be that desperate after all the players we’ve brought in since Unsworth’s been here, that we all want this potential new right back to play and no one knows who he is yet!

Good question re Garner 👍 I expect him to play the full 90 obvs 🙄

The new RB is an absolute requirement to give us balance at the back.

Hobson cannot play there as, on Saturday’s evidence, he has no pace.

Sutton could play there but his ideal position is centre back.

Shelton has not been tried as a RB so we simply don’t know.

What I am a hundred percent certain of is that we should NOT play Hobson, Raglan and Hogan in a back three. 😮

4 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Norman

New RB   Hobson  Raglan  Kitching

Green       Gardner    Dickenson 

Willoughby  Norwood  Reid 

Subs: Hogan, Hudson, Sheron or Ward, Fondop & Nuttall?