MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Agree on the player intentions, they are doing as per instructed because no player wants to be dropped for not following the manager's direction. Disagree on the Norwood goal. He deserved it for playing to the final minute, for being in the right place and for putting the ball in the net. 

You’re right. I meant DU’s sit back tactics didn’t deserve the equaliser. Norwood deserves the credit for following up definitely. Top striker. 👍

• Like 1

Just now, League one forever said:

Come on Rob- that’s the tail wagging the dog. How undermined would he look if he said, ‘ok lads, I’m listening- you tell me how we should play’ He would have zero credibility left. 

Well he started playing with two strikers to please the fans so it's hardly a stretch.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If that is truly the case then all they need to do as a collective is address the coaching staff and say we are not comfortable playing this way, what are they going to say, you're all dropped? 

You mean like Rooney did, can we afford to have another dozen sat at home on full money?.

23 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

First half thought we executed Unsworth's game plan well, could kind of see why he did what he did.

Second half, particularly after we conceded I thought we were awful, an absolute shambles 

15 minutes ago, SpotTheBall85 said:

No urgency after their goal, no creativity, very lucky to get that point.

The two posts above sum it up for me - we executed the plan very well in the first half and Norwood should have given us the lead.

As soon as we conceded, the belief seemed to drain out of us - we looked and were a shambles. With the players we have, we should be doing far better.

Good goal at the death with Fondop possibly obscuring the keeper’s line of sight but Norwood did what Norwood does.

Not really deserved but I’ll take it all day.

The fallout from the idiots coming onto the pitch will cost us I think.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well he started playing with two strikers to please the fans so it's hardly a stretch.

Maybe they could set up a tactics/formation committee with all stake holders able to attend. They decide during the week how we should we play and all Unsy has to do is relay the message to the players? 

Maybe they could set up a tactics/formation committee with all stake holders able to attend. They decide during the week how we should we play and all Unsy has to do is relay the message to the players? 

He's got no body of work to fall back to say my way works, if the players are so lacking in character that they can't question things they don't agree with then that doesn't reflect very well on them.

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Come on Rob- that’s the tail wagging the dog. How undermined would he look if he said, ‘ok lads, I’m listening- you tell me how we should play’ He would have zero credibility left. 

What if every single player rebelled in unison against his playing style?
I feel his credibility is practically zero with the fans right now.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

His one & only contribution apart from missing the header for their goal!!

So one more contribution than anyone else apart from Norwood.

We’ve got two of the worst CMs in the league and offer no service to our forwards and still people batter Nuttall. It’s ridiculous.

Edited by sjk2008
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

So one more contribution than anyone else apart from Norwood.

We’ve got two of the worst CMs in the league and offer no service to our forwards and still people batter Nuttall. It’s ridiculous.

I’d play Reid all day long before Nuttall!!

• Like 2

Some proper embarrassing comments on here. Mental gymnastics all over the show.

File this under "points that dont count" for Unsworth. Like the "goals that don't count" for Nuttall when it's a pen. 

Got a point against Chesterfield away. What's the issue? Most on here thought we'd lose about 6-0

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He's got no body of work to fall back to say my way works, if the players are so lacking in character that they can't question things they don't agree with then that doesn't reflect very well on them.

You’re moving the goalposts to players character now.

Stick to your original point. 

Let’s say he does listen to the player rebellion- what happens when we lose?

Is it then the players fault or the managers for the wrong tactics?? It’s absolute nonsense.

He or any manager has to be in charge. 

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Some proper embarrassing comments on here. Mental gymnastics all over the show.

File this under "points that dont count" for Unsworth. Like the "goals that don't count" for Nuttall when it's a pen. 

Got a point against Chesterfield away. What's the issue? Most on here thought we'd lose about 6-0

Discussion board initt. People can be happy with the point but still have concerns about the performance 

• Like 2

You’re moving the goalposts to players character now.

Stick to your original point. 

Let’s say he does listen to the player rebellion- what happens when we lose?

Is it then the players fault or the managers for the wrong tactics?? It’s absolute nonsense.

He or any manager has to be in charge. 

No more nonsense than suggesting players are trapped in shackles and are being micromanaged in every passage of play.

There's no harm in the players saying we'd prefer to play 20 yards higher, we'd be more comfortable moving the ball a bit quicker, good coaches should be able to take that on board.

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If our own manager is telling us Chesterfield will win the league four games in it tells you all you need to know about the mentality around the club, fucking negative defeatist in charge whose beat already, unfotunately his teams reflect his attitude.

I thought he’d been media trained. We are meant to be challengers! Jesus. What a comment. Can’t get behind the guy, don’t trust him, don’t like him nor his footy. Can’t wait for him to go tbh