MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

We're that Norwood chance away from  executing the game plan perfectly (not necessarily saying I agree with that game plan like).

If we could swap Shelton and Sheron for Naylor and Oldaker we'd absolutely piss it.

I'd like to see Gardner in the second half (I'm I'm far from a big fan) but we're crying out for someone to just sit off the defence and pass to a tangerine shirt.

Strange half. Obvious tactic to sit off and let them have the ball and to be fair it’s working defensively- for all their possession they haven’t really created much. Then from about 25 to 35 mins we pressed harder and we had our best spell, then we stopped for some reason. 

But when we get the ball back we’ve been generally poor all over apart from Kitching. 

Fans - embarrassing. Go protest outside his office if you want or boo after the final whistle. But chanting that and booing after about 30 mins? That’s basically actively harming your team’s chances of winning a game that we’re currently drawing.

Radio Sheffield HT summary

Oldham have a game plan to sit in and counter attack….and it’s working

Oldham created the best chances

Oldham are a very good team

Unsworth will be delighted how things are going

Will Grigg hasn’t touched the ball and Norward far more effective of the two experienced strikers!

Its an excellent game of football (game of chess between two good teams)

Twitter HT summary

We’re shit

Unsworth is shit 

Unsworth is clueless 

Unsworth out

Bring back Shez

This is dreadful to watch

We’re still shit 

🤣

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Raglan, Shelton, Sheron haven't found a pass all afternoon.

Willoughby looks out of his depth, Dickenson and Freeman still look way off, Nuttall granted played Norwood in but he has no anticipation or desire (again). 

On the plus side for all their possession and play Chesterfield have been wasteful. 

David Unsworth your football is shite....

But other than that it's still what Dave's come for 

Nowt nowt

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Strange half. Obvious tactic to sit off and let them have the ball and to be fair it’s working defensively- for all their possession they haven’t really created much. Then from about 25 to 35 mins we pressed harder and we had our best spell, then we stopped for some reason. 

But when we get the ball back we’ve been generally poor all over apart from Kitching. 

Fans - embarrassing. Go protest outside his office if you want or boo after the final whistle. But chanting that and booing after about 30 mins? That’s basically actively harming your team’s chances of winning a game that we’re currently drawing.

Yeah absolute joke that, it hasn't been great to watch but chanting that at 0-0 against the best team in the league?? The mind boggles

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Raglan, Shelton, Sheron haven't found a pass all afternoon.

Willoughby looks out of his depth, Dickenson and Freeman still look way off, Nuttall granted played Norwood in but he has no anticipation or desire (again). 

On the plus side for all their possession and play Chesterfield have been wasteful. 

David Unsworth your football is shite....

Unfair on Kurt.

Had no real attacking opportunity and has done his defensive duties well. 

Covers well for Kitch when he gets forward. Obviously been told how to play 

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Imagine realising your dream of becoming a pro footballer and ending up being coached by Defensive Dave.

I refuse to believe these players are as bad as that first half suggested. I have to conclude that it’s the coaching that’s making them so.

They are the ones with the power to change it if they want to do, there's enough experience between them.

20 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Radio Sheffield HT summary

Oldham have a game plan to sit in and counter attack….and it’s working

Oldham created the best chances

Oldham are a very good team

Unsworth will be delighted how things are going

Will Grigg hasn’t touched the ball and Norward far more effective of the two experienced strikers!

Its an excellent game of football (game of chess between two good teams)

Twitter HT summary

We’re shit

Unsworth is shit 

Unsworth is clueless 

Unsworth out

Bring back Shez

This is dreadful to watch

We’re still shit 

🤣

The radio summary is much closer to mine 👍