MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 26/08/23

Dullsworth ain’t going nowhere and we ain’t going nowhere this season, his mindset is so boring it’s mind numbing, I didn’t go today knowing he won’t play attacking against any team away in the top 10, shame really we have the best attacking team in the league but the shittist manager to use them to our advantage!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

That went pretty much as I thought it would. Fairly attritional game with the odd bright spells. Could have won. Could have lost. 

Perennial bed wetters might want to look at how Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield got on at Borehamwood last season. It’s a decent point. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He said they only created 1 or two chances. We created far more apparently. 
He watches different games to me. 
“Delighted” with the clean sheet. Says we need to be more clinical. 

All he ever talks about is what defensive aspects they've worked on, bet training is fucking tedious with the way he wants to play, so fucking boring and uninspiring listening to him waffling on, they have two key midfielders out and about eleven fit players yet we still can't dominate a game and take advantage against a pub team, add fucking basketball to the bullshit post match bingo as well.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

All he ever talks about is what defensive aspects they've worked on, bet training is fucking tedious with the way he wants to play, so fucking boring and uninspiring listening to him waffling on, they have two key midfielders out and about eleven fit players yet we still can't dominate a game and take advantage against a pub team, add fucking basketball to the bullshit post match bingo as well.

Pub team, so disrespectful.

59 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That went pretty much as I thought it would. Fairly attritional game with the odd bright spells. Could have won. Could have lost. 

Perennial bed wetters might want to look at how Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield got on at Borehamwood last season. It’s a decent point. 

Come on....we were rubbish, they were better, we were lucky.

Not interested in last season. They are an average side that will finish between 10th and 14th and with better management we would have won easily

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Gardner isn't the answer. Can't stay fit and hits 1 good pass in 5. Does that stupid Cruyff turn too much and loses possession. 

Gardner has been a disappointment, I thought he'd be great for us at this level, 

Hasn't worked out and I think he's done here.

Back to the bread and butter, what's your view on today's point at B.W and the performance from our seriously entrenched manager, he's hanging on by his teeth now, can he turn it around or do you still see a future where we'll improve under him?

Just now, Littlemoor Lad said:

Gardner has been a disappointment, I thought he'd be great for us at this level, 

Back to the bread and butter, what's your view on today's point at B.W and the performance from our seriously entrenched manager, he's hanging on by his teeth now, can he turn it around or do you still see a future where we'll improve under him?

A point away is normally OK. Was flying today so not seen the game. We'll finish playoffs under DU this season

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

A point away is normally OK. Was flying today so not seen the game. We'll finish playoffs under DU this season

You might of been, the manager and team most certainly weren't 

I'll be honest with you, we're nowhere near and Monday will expose that even further.

At what stage will you accept this is becoming a farce and change is needed?

My guess is never, you'll still be saying the same when we're repeating the same shite next season down here.

12 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why will we? Based on what? Results are actually BETTER than performances. Worrying. We don’t deserve the 5 points we have. We should be on 3. 

• Like 1

That was another painful, turgid performance. I have pretty much written this season off after only 5 games because it is absolutely clear to me that Unsworth is categorically not capable of managing a professional football team. 

The first half was utterly appalling, we had 1 shot as far as I can remember and the body language and lack of energy from the players was utterly extraordinary. Kitching looked so miserable I thought he had just received some devastating news!

Hogan and Raglan don’t seem to communicate and we could easily have conceded two or three. Norwood tried hard but he is living off scraps as we have almost no interest in getting forward as a team…only Green showed any attacking intent.

After the break big Mike did his usual excellent off the bench contribution and we improved further when Gardener came on and showed those muppets Sheron and Shelton how a midfielder should play. However, we still failed to trouble their keeper much apart from a rasping Dickerson effort and the goal mouth scramble at the death.

Overall, it was another desperately poor effort from a supposedly promotion challenging squad and one of, if not, the highest budgets in the league.

Unsworth and Ebrell have had over 40 games in charge and I have seen nothing to suggest they have what it takes to get this squad firing on all cylinders…on the contrary I fear they are wasting a huge opportunity and actually making players worse.

This league is bang average this season and there are very few grounds that we should see as having any kind of home advantage….consider today; the crowd was 1208 with 426 from Latics….so less than 800 home fans!!!! 

Rhino ball is awful to watch and it is not winning football.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Come on....we were rubbish, they were better, we were lucky.

Not interested in last season. They are an average side that will finish between 10th and 14th and with better management we would have won easily

So a side that finished 6th last season and had made some shrewd signings, the impressive Balanta from Dagenham included, is going to finish mid table?

Sorry no.

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

That was another painful, turgid performance. I have pretty much written this season off after only 5 games because it is absolutely clear to me that Unsworth is categorically not capable of managing a professional football team. 

The first half was utterly appalling, we had 1 shot as far as I can remember and the body language and lack of energy from the players was utterly extraordinary. Kitching looked so miserable I thought he had just received some devastating news!

Hogan and Raglan don’t seem to communicate and we could easily have conceded two or three. Norwood tried hard but he is living off scraps as we have almost no interest in getting forward as a team…only Green showed any attacking intent.

After the break big Mike did his usual excellent off the bench contribution and we improved further when Gardener came on and showed those muppets Sheron and Shelton how a midfielder should play. However, we still failed to trouble their keeper much apart from a rasping Dickerson effort and the goal mouth scramble at the death.

Overall, it was another desperately poor effort from a supposedly promotion challenging squad and one of, if not, the highest budgets in the league.

Unsworth and Ebrell have had over 40 games in charge and I have seen nothing to suggest they have what it takes to get this squad firing on all cylinders…on the contrary I fear they are wasting a huge opportunity and actually making players worse.

This league is bang average this season and there are very few grounds that we should see as having any kind of home advantage….consider today; the crowd was 1208 with 426 from Latics….so less than 800 home fans!!!! 

Rhino ball is awful to watch and it is not winning football.

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

35 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

He was supposed to be the difference at lge 2 level too. Was nothing there either. He’s just not very good. 

Edited by kowenicki