MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 26/08/23

I don't expect us to set up as defensively as we were against Chesterfield but will likely still be more defensive than we have been at home. Hopefully Green is fit enough to start as we really need his speed as an outlet if we are going to be sitting deep and trying to hit on the break, which has been DU's away tactic since he came in. 2 wins over the bank holiday weekend would be a big lift to everyone and hopefully sooth some of the negativity that's been building up this week. I'd be happy with an away draw and home win personally but 2 wins would be lovely. 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Green to start in place of Willoughby - otherwise same team as Chesterfield.

*Tunnicliffe signing was just a made up story then? 

You think Green is fit enough to start? I reckon he's on the bench. Be mad to rush him back too soon unless he's 100% which he isn't.

I'd give Kurt another start as we should have more of the ball than at Chesterfield and I'd like to see what he can do in the final 3rd rather than his own 3rd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

1-0 Latics and a terrible, terrible watch.

Probably an even worse listen with Roy in my ears 🤣.

Can't make it as I'm working so I'm off to a local non league game, went to watch FC United v Ilkeston on Tuesday and watched as good a performance from a right back/wing back at that level that you're likely to see, googled him when I got home and his name is Cheikh Thiam, not seen a player get up and down the pitch like that for some time and he's on loan from Fleetwood, good defender who could also beat a man inside or out, second best player on the pitch was the keeper also a Fleetwood player on loan Pat Boyes, he made a couple of incredible saves.