MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 26/08/23

4 minutes ago, Fervid said:

They have lost alot of that playoff team from last year and replaced them with very mediocre players according to their forums site. And yes they are a pub team.

true but according to Oldhams forum site we are in danger freefall with a clown at the helm and we lose 0-6 every week without even getting out of our own half. 

heads should be rolling down at boreham wood after they missed such a blatant oppirtunity and threw away two points. cant be arsed to press delete and spell opportunity correctly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Good point away from home again . Not many teams will get a point there, Wrexham and Notts managed it last season but failed to keep a clean sheet. These finished 6th last season so to call them a pub team is really disrespectful . Some comments on here laughable and smack of people who didnt see the game (I did again)  just taking other peoples comments and adding to it. Would have taken a point at Chesterfied and today before a ball was kicked . This leagues going to be a lot tighter than last year by the looks.

They only won nine out of twenty three home games last season and have already lost once there this season, so plenty of teams seem to ‘get a point’ there.

• Like 4

What some people on here don't seem to get, is that its not that a point at Chesterfield and Boreham Wood is particularly bad.

It's the overall performance level, team structure and set up, in game tactics and substitutions, and confidence and ambition of the team...that Unsworth has selected and assembled by the way, to go out and win games of football, particularly away from home that's the big issue.

Couple that with both his and Ebrells regular deluded comments in their after game pressers, and you see the problem.

Iif I were to rate them out of ten so far in the 3 away games they would get 2/10 at Southend, 7/10 at Chesterfield, and 5/10 yesterday, and in all 3 games we have been 2nd best.

I'm sorry but the table doesn't lie. Yes it's early and we are only 5 games in... but te sat in 15th place, be 7 points behind Hartlepool already, have a negative goal difference and not look like winning away from home just isn't good enough...end of.

And by the way....the fact that he couldn't be arsed to come over and acknowledge the 400+ supporters who made the effort with national rail strikes etc, and who were pretty good in the main yesterday does him no favours at all.

Unsworth out😬

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

And by the way....the fact that he couldn't be arsed to come over and acknowledge the 400+ supporters who made the effort with national rail strikes etc, and who were pretty good in the main yesterday does him no favours at all.

Unsworth out😬

Not this again. Been done to death. Our scout/coach got stick on here other week for actually clapping the fans. Now back to Unsworth getting stick for not. Embarrassing you care

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not this again. Been done to death. Our scout/coach got stick on here other week for actually clapping the fans. Now back to Unsworth getting stick for not. Embarrassing you care

Seen a few having a go at him for sitting down in the dugout.

• Like 2

Jesus Christ it's shite to watch. Really, really shite to watch. I wouldn't mind if we were winning games playing that way, but we've won 1 out of 5. And it's absolutely appalling to watch.

Really not sure I can watch another 40 odd games of that. We aren't going to win the league, and possibly won't make the playoffs, and it's excruciating to watch. 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

What some people on here don't seem to get, is that its not that a point at Chesterfield and Boreham Wood is particularly bad.

It's the overall performance level, team structure and set up, in game tactics and substitutions, and confidence and ambition of the team...that Unsworth has selected and assembled by the way, to go out and win games of football, particularly away from home that's the big issue.

Couple that with both his and Ebrells regular deluded comments in their after game pressers, and you see the problem.

Iif I were to rate them out of ten so far in the 3 away games they would get 2/10 at Southend, 7/10 at Chesterfield, and 5/10 yesterday, and in all 3 games we have been 2nd best.

I'm sorry but the table doesn't lie. Yes it's early and we are only 5 games in... but te sat in 15th place, be 7 points behind Hartlepool already, have a negative goal difference and not look like winning away from home just isn't good enough...end of.

Unsworth out😬

Yes, it does seem sometimes we are trying to squeeze as hard as we can the few positives there are out of each game to justify the performance and tactics . Problem is we are dropping point for fun already. 5 points from a possible 15. Early days or not that is garbage. I’m not going to say I want him gone even in the light of the above because we aren’t at “full strength” but things need to change not in a month or even a fortnight but quickly .  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes, it does seem sometimes we are trying to squeeze as hard as we can the few positives there are out of each game to justify the performance and tactics . Problem is we are dropping point for fun already. 5 points from a possible 15. Early days or not that is garbage. I’m not going to say I want him gone even in the light of the above because we aren’t at “full strength” but things need to change not in a month or even a fortnight but quickly .  

this could apply to pretty much any season out of the last 30. its proven failure and we arent doin it anymore. there is clearly a plan, even tho lots of people 'have seen nothing'

they cant find the wood because theres too many trees and tools and macines blocking the way.

I can't believe people on here and twitter are trying to use the Green sub as evidence of bad management. The guy just came back from a hamstring injury and has another game in less than 48 hours. DU would have been mental not to bring him off. No matter how much Green shakes his head. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I'm sorry but the table doesn't lie. 

51 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It depends which table you’re looking at. Five games in is too early to draw any conclusions but it’s lying anyway. The table after 46 games that showed we’d improved from 13th when he took over to the dizzy heights of 12th, we’ll that was a downright lie.

The only table that matters is the January onwards table last season, and just in case you didn’t know, we finished third in that.

Thats the only table that matters. Every other one is a lie.

Just now, OAFC Blues said:

I can't believe people on here and twitter are trying to use the Green sub as evidence of bad management. The guy just came back from a hamstring injury and has another game in less than 48 hours. DU would have been mental not to bring him off. No matter how much Green shakes his head. 

it would be funny if it didnt have a massive agenda sticking out of its pocket wouldnt it!!

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

That captures it perfectly … expectation is key to a lot of things. What frustrates me most is how D. Unsworth sets us up to play - the ‘D’ is for defensive and it’s NOT enjoyable. 

What was most disappointing was our defensive mindset from the off… playing narrow, everyone back for corners, constantly playing passes backwards and sideways, unable to cope with them closing us down, too slow in our movement, giving the ball away  etc etc…
And the two or three chances we had late on were created when we decided to have a go…

I am bored with his approach as are an increasing number of others…

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

That captures it perfectly … expectation is key to a lot of things. What frustrates me most is how D. Unsworth sets us up to play - the ‘D’ is for defensive and it’s NOT enjoyable. 

What was most disappointing was our defensive mindset from the off… playing narrow, everyone back for corners, constantly playing passes backwards and sideways, unable to cope with them closing us down, too slow in our movement, giving the ball away  etc etc…
And the two or three chances we had late on were created when we decided to have a go…

I am bored with his approach as are an increasing number of others…

style over substance? so far this negative style has only appeared in away matches. solihull are up there, be interesting to see what happens timoro..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can everyone just chill the fuck out, or just knock the snot out of each other next week - preferably away from the football - and be done with it? It's tiresome.

I don't mind the Punch and Judy show on here, which means little to anyone beyond the door.        However, seeing Frank barracked from the stands turned my stomach.   If he gets disillusioned with the job we are well and truly stuffed.  It will be back to skint dreamers and small time con artists running the show.

There was never a proper time to oust Unsworth.  Before Christmas it would have been laughable, in the New Year the results picked up.   He has now built his team and we have to wait and see what happens next.  As David Moyse said, you have to be given time:  "Either to fail or succeed" 

Frank came in on the ticket of continuity and no more short term fixes.

Jokers screaming on match day, trying to kid people how much they care are just gifting the other team.    Nothing better than getting on player's backs to make them hide and sap confidence,   It's what we love to hear from the opposition.

Edited by Punce
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Punce said:

I don't mind the Punch and Judy show on here, which means little to anyone beyond the door.        However, seeing Frank barracked from the stands turned my stomach.   If he gets disillusioned with the job we are well and truly stuffed.  It will be back to skint dreamers and small time con artists running the show.

There was never a proper time to oust Unsworth.  Before Christmas it would have been laughable, in the New Year the results picked up.   He has now built his team and we have to wait and see what happens next.  As David Moyse said, you have to be given time:  "Either to fail or succeed" 

Frank came in on the ticket of continuity and no more short term fixes.

Jokers screaming on match day, trying to kid people how much they care are just gifting the other team.    Nothing better than getting on player's backs to make them hide and sap confidence,   It's what we love to hear from the opposition.

Didn't like yesterday that people were chatting about Unsworth before the game had even started. Benefits nobody

5 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Didn't like yesterday that people were chatting about Unsworth before the game had even started. Benefits nobody

Chatting about it never hurt anybody, as long as he and the players aren’t booed or abused during the game I don’t have a problem with it!