MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 26/08/23

25 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Didn't like yesterday that people were chatting about Unsworth before the game had even started. Benefits nobody

They were at Southend and Chesterfield as well because he divides opinion, I'd hazard a guess that at least 80 percent of our fan base would vote to change him if given the choice and that is never healthy.

Are the Rothwells being loyal or stupid? Time will tell I suppose.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They were at Southend and Chesterfield as well because he divides opinion, I'd hazard a guess that at least 80 percent of our fan base would vote to change him if given the choice and that is never healthy.

Are the Rothwells being loyal or stupid? Time will tell I suppose.

I'm not sure on 80%. Home attendance has been good and the negativity from the terraces has mainly been from the piss heads at away games. He has set up positively in both home games so far and I'd expect the same on Monday. It's undeniable that we've had a poor start and I'm sure everyone can see that but I think most are still willing to give it more time. Monday will be a good barometer for the kind of support he still has, gate size and mood of the crowd will be the proof. 

21 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

I'm not sure on 80%. Home attendance has been good and the negativity from the terraces has mainly been from the piss heads at away games. He has set up positively in both home games so far and I'd expect the same on Monday. It's undeniable that we've had a poor start and I'm sure everyone can see that but I think most are still willing to give it more time. Monday will be a good barometer for the kind of support he still has, gate size and mood of the crowd will be the proof. 

nah. random agendaised stats men online say 80% want him gone so its 80% want him gonez.

2 hours ago, Punce said:

I don't mind the Punch and Judy show on here, which means little to anyone beyond the door.        However, seeing Frank barracked from the stands turned my stomach.   If he gets disillusioned with the job we are well and truly stuffed.  It will be back to skint dreamers and small time con artists running the show.

There was never a proper time to oust Unsworth.  Before Christmas it would have been laughable, in the New Year the results picked up.   He has now built his team and we have to wait and see what happens next.  As David Moyse said, you have to be given time:  "Either to fail or succeed" 

Frank came in on the ticket of continuity and no more short term fixes.

Jokers screaming on match day, trying to kid people how much they care are just gifting the other team.    Nothing better than getting on player's backs to make them hide and sap confidence,   It's what we love to hear from the opposition.

I totally agree with all your points.

I don't say whether I am an Unsworth in or out because that is not a decision for me to make. I am trusting the Rothwells and Darren on this because if it goes wrong Frank will be the first to hold his hand up and admit it, and then he will re-double his efforts to correct it.

If the fans force his hand regarding sacking him I don't think he will have the same resolve to carry on.

Although Londonboy's summing up is spot on, the football has been rubbish for years and years so what's a few more games :)

in the hope it clicks. Over the years I don't judge my matchday experience purely on the match, if I did I would have stopped years ago.

I go with my family, meet friends and sing along with the Athleticos, (on the edges of course as I am old), that's all I can do. Let the Rothwells and Darren run with it and trust them in whatever they decide.

Oh and David Moyes is a great example of giving it time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I totally agree with all your points.

I don't say whether I am an Unsworth in or out because that is not a decision for me to make. I am trusting the Rothwells and Darren on this because if it goes wrong Frank will be the first to hold his hand up and admit it, and then he will re-double his efforts to correct it.

If the fans force his hand regarding sacking him I don't think he will have the same resolve to carry on.

Although Londonboy's summing up is spot on, the football has been rubbish for years and years so what's a few more games :)

in the hope it clicks. Over the years I don't judge my matchday experience purely on the match, if I did I would have stopped years ago.

I go with my family, meet friends and sing along with the Athleticos, (on the edges of course as I am old), that's all I can do. Let the Rothwells and Darren run with it and trust them in whatever they decide.

Oh and David Moyes is a great example of giving it time. 

this makes you Unsworth In. this is a chunky agenda to bear and means you will get pounded with the past fired out of a blunderbus point blank and other such 'we must repeat our previous failed plans FOREVER' type mantras.

good luck.

PS we don't need any other give it time anologies than Joe Royle because he lived all this himsself, but for longer.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

this makes you Unsworth In. this is a chunky agenda to bear and means you will get pounded with the past fired out of a blunderbus point blank and other such 'we must repeat our previous failed plans FOREVER' type mantras.

good luck.

PS we don't need any other give it time anologies than Joe Royle because he lived all this himsself, but for longer.

Yes probably didn't write it correctly. I was just trying to say I leave the decision on him to the owners and whichever way they go I am fine with.

I don't like the poor performances but was also trying to say that we shouldn't go into meltdown when the performance is poor. We had it for years!!!! Going back to being 5-0 down at half-time at Oxford in the Royle years and lots of fans were banging on the gates to get out.

Also I will make a prediction. If you got rid of Unsworth tomorrow and we started to win with fast flowing football, the booboys would STILL moan about something. They would identify a player and pick on him, it's just in their nature.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Can everyone just chill the fuck out, or just knock the snot out of each other next week - preferably away from the football - and be done with it? It's tiresome.

who else reads these and thinks 'stop picking on me lve done nowt wrong'???

its called a persecution complex and its taken me years to cobble it together 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes probably didn't write it correctly. I was just trying to say I leave the decision on him to the owners and whichever way they go I am fine with.

I don't like the poor performances but was also trying to say that we shouldn't go into meltdown when the performance is poor. We had it for years!!!! Going back to being 5-0 down at half-time at Oxford in the Royle years and lots of fans were banging on the gates to get out.

Also I will make a prediction. If you got rid of Unsworth tomorrow and we started to win with fast flowing football, the booboys would STILL moan about something. They would identify a player and pick on him, it's just in their nature.

aye. sad but true.

sometimes  l cast an envious eye at the ignorant, it really must be bliss over there 😔

Edited by Monty Burns
smelling mistake

Apart from Du I don’t think anybody is “delighted” with any of our performances this season apart from the obvious one and nobody can possibly enjoy the style of football we generally play surely. But I’m still just about on board with this being part of a wider plan of picking up points and “winning ugly” (even though we aren’t winning yet) . So tomorrow we need to win, the following Saturday we need a point at least. Ugly or otherwise that’s what’s needed. I’m desperate to get everyone back from injury then there really should be no looking back with this squad. If it’s more of the same after 10-12 games I don’t think it’ll just be tongues wagging in the stands about the manager. 

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Apart from Du I don’t think anybody is “delighted” with any of our performances this season apart from the obvious one and nobody can possibly enjoy the style of football we generally play surely. But I’m still just about on board with this being part of a wider plan of picking up points and “winning ugly” (even though we aren’t winning yet) . So tomorrow we need to win, the following Saturday we need a point at least. Ugly or otherwise that’s what’s needed. I’m desperate to get everyone back from injury then there really should be no looking back with this squad. If it’s more of the same after 10-12 games I don’t think it’ll just be tongues wagging in the stands about the manager. 

sorry to be pedantic and but we are way past tongues in the wagging stakes. fingers be wagging and willies be waving. meltdownnnnnnnn.

🤣

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think the board will want/expect playoffs as a minimum. So until that  looks unlikely or is in doubt he isn’t going anywhere. 

Frank was on radio and said “well into the play offs” as the target. 

If Unsy is falling well short 10/15 games in he will be gone imo. 

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

style over substance? so far this negative style has only appeared in away matches. solihull are up there, be interesting to see what happens timoro..

1 hour ago, OAFC Blues said:

He has set up positively in both home games so far and I'd expect the same on Monday. It's undeniable that we've had a poor start and I'm sure everyone can see that but I think most are still willing to give it more time. Monday will be a good barometer for the kind of support he still has, gate size and mood of the crowd will be the proof. 

I expect one or two changes from yesterday’s starting eleven - Freeman looks like he needs a break and Shelton too.

Also - as impactful as Fondop has been coming off the bench, he seems to play in the same space as Norwood - expect Nuttall to keep his place.

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

What some people on here don't seem to get, is that its not that a point at Chesterfield and Boreham Wood is particularly bad.

It's the overall performance level, team structure and set up, in game tactics and substitutions, and confidence and ambition of the team...that Unsworth has selected and assembled by the way, to go out and win games of football, particularly away from home that's the big issue.

Couple that with both his and Ebrells regular deluded comments in their after game pressers, and you see the problem.

Iif I were to rate them out of ten so far in the 3 away games they would get 2/10 at Southend, 7/10 at Chesterfield, and 5/10 yesterday, and in all 3 games we have been 2nd best.

I'm sorry but the table doesn't lie. Yes it's early and we are only 5 games in... but te sat in 15th place, be 7 points behind Hartlepool already, have a negative goal difference and not look like winning away from home just isn't good enough...end of.

And by the way....the fact that he couldn't be arsed to come over and acknowledge the 400+ supporters who made the effort with national rail strikes etc, and who were pretty good in the main yesterday does him no favours at all.

Unsworth out😬

Someone turns up at your work, saying your work is shit, are you going to go out of your way to applaud them at the end of your day?

No, you aren't.

The police / head of safety might have had a word in his ear too.

Fans can't expect to chant "Your football is shit", "Get out of our club" and more and then DEMAND the same man comes over and applauds them. It is as disingenuous and deluded as some of his statements to the media.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Thing is we will always have some injuries as most clubs will.

Boreham.Wood had only 3 subs fit to play yesterday..We had Gardiner, Ried, Kurt, Mike and Hobson to pick from, and they were still the better side.

Lundstrom coming back should help to be fair and maybe Ward to a lesser extent,  but they will need some time to gell and get matchfit so we need to use what we have better than we are doing.

Also Unsworth was moaning about not being able to use 5 subs like the in EFL, yet he has failed to use 3 inside 90.minutes in any game this season I think.... bizarre!

13 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Someone turns up at your work, saying your work is shit, are you going to go out of your way to applaud them at the end of your day?

No, you aren't.

The police / head of safety might have had a word in his ear too.

Fans can't expect to chant "Your football is shit", "Get out of our club" and more and then DEMAND the same man comes over and applauds them. It is as disingenuous and deluded as some of his statements to the media.

Totally different scenario.

If the players can come over for a quick acknowledgment then so can Unsworth. 

He'd be over if we'd won no doubt ...

Take it you enjoyed yesterday.?

I didn't. We were crap! Again!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Frank was on radio and said “well into the play offs” as the target. 

If Unsy is falling well short 10/15 games in he will be gone imo. 

That would be fair.

But I think he’ll get a lot more that 10/15 games because I don’t think it will be impossible to make the playoffs at that stage, and they’ll want to give him every chance.