MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 26/08/23

That was absolute dross again.... and even the "give Unsworth more time" brigade must be getting tired with the clear lack of intent he seems to instill in the side.

I've been to all 3 away games this season and with Norwood, Nuttall, Fondop, Reid and Kurt we have scored 1 lucky 96th minute goal.

Today bar the first 5 minutes the team looked like they had absolutely no belief they could win the game against a very average Boreham Wood side who were happy with a 0-0.. 

Players were in each others way, movement and communication in the final 3rd was non existent, and any sort of plan appart from boot it from the back in the hope it would drop to Norwood was missing.

I'm not sure what Reid has done wrong to upset Rhino but fuck me we needed some pace and width, and Reid could have at least given us that.

Sorry but Unsworth is never gonna convince me hes the right man for the job as he can't see what we see it appears.

Boreham Wood should have beaten us today with the chances they had which is a disgrace.

Nothing less than 3 points on Monday is acceptable and anyone who thinks anything different is  clearly missing a screw.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Some of us still do.. crabby Dan is not the answer. We need the injured players back. If they are further away from return than initially thought I’d delve into the loan market

We don’t know if getting them ‘back’ is the answer either as they’ve not played for us yet, bar the odd friendly and Ward’s 20 minutes against Southend.

• Like 1

Disappointed.

Also, Boreham Woods manager said post match that they only had 12 fit professionals available. They only named 3 on the bench and one was injured and could only play 5 mins, the other was a kid who would never have got on.

With our resources compared to theirs, it is slightly embarrassing that we scraped a 0-0.

2 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Disappointed.

Also, Boreham Woods manager said post match that they only had 12 fit professionals available. They only named 3 on the bench and one was injured and could only play 5 mins, the other was a kid who would never have got on.

With our resources compared to theirs, it is slightly embarrassing that we scraped a 0-0.

Dave will think it's a great point.

9 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

We don’t know if getting them ‘back’ is the answer either as they’ve not played for us yet, bar the odd friendly and Ward’s 20 minutes against Southend.

No we don't know but odds are it's not.

But for fine margins we might have 3 points and 4 losses from the first 5 games and we couldn't feel too hard done by had that been the case :angry:

3 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

No we don't know but odds are it's not.

But for fine margins we might have 3 points and 4 losses from the first 5 games and we couldn't feel too hard done by had that been the case :angry:

Come on, we were outstanding last week, and missed six good chances before Sutton got sent off at Southend according to the boss, and I believe everything he says.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

That was absolute dross again.... and even the "give Unsworth more time" brigade must be getting tired with the clear lack of intent he seems to instill in the side.

I've been to all 3 away games this season and with Norwood, Nuttall, Fondop, Reid and Kurt we have scored 1 lucky 96th minute goal.

Today bar the first 5 minutes the team looked like they had absolutely no belief they could win the game against a very average Boreham Wood side who were happy with a 0-0.. 

Players were in each others way, movement and communication in the final 3rd was non existent, and any sort of plan appart from boot it from the back in the hope it would drop to Norwood was missing.

I'm not sure what Reid has done wrong to upset Rhino but fuck me we needed some pace and width, and Reid could have at least given us that.

Sorry but Unsworth is never gonna convince me hes the right man for the job as he can't see what we see it appears.

Boreham Wood should have beaten us today with the chances they had which is a disgrace.

Nothing less than 3 points on Monday is acceptable and anyone who thinks anything different is  clearly missing a screw.

Bang on Londonboy. He must give Reid a try with his pace and not give Nuttall a start all the time.We had chances today but so did they and they should have won.A point against one of a number of our boggie teams is OK but our  fans need to see better fayre for their money .Can only hope we play a far more attacking style on Monday against another boggle team  doing well.

13 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

DU will say “After losing 4-0 to Southend in our opening game, to now be 6 points above them in the league shows how far we’ve come and improved as a group”

Might not be too long before Southend are above Latics again. Hartlepool are currently looking a good bet to give Chesterfield a run for their money. Certainly isn't going to be Latics.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We can only hope that the wins will start to happen

Only HOPE?

FFS this is Boreham Wood we’re talking about!!

I cannot believe the level of mediocrity we are putting up with, our outlay on Norwood alone must equate to a 1/3 of their total budget.

Unsworth has had almost a full season to get rid of the dross, he’s had a full close season to bring in his preferred targets, and a structured preseason to determine a playing style.

Apart from one solitary win against relegation favourites we’ve been piss poor. We are already 7 points adrift of the leaders, averaging only a point a game  and have yet another minus goal difference!!

I’m sick of trying to defend this guy.

It’s simply not good enough, not good enough at all. It’s still early days and although we have a couple of key players injured we should still be performing much better.

Another defeat on Monday against ‘high flyers’ Solihull Moors will surely set the alarm bells ringing!

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Disappointed.

So we set up for a 0-0 against Boreham Wood B. 

Excellent.

37 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We await their version of how we're ever going to be the side we really should be.

Yes it beggars belief when you have such riches but don't have a clue how to use them to your advantage.

Top of the table and right up for it, 

Don't think our temperament is right and there's no belief, even at home.

Actually worried but know I shouldn't be, Not in the script.

Good post

And we must have so many unhappy players in the camp. Norwood will be pissed off. Nuttall gets booed all the time. Reid and Kurt hardly get picked. Hobson’s gone from team of the year to bench warmer. Tollitt’s form has been shot to pieces. Hallam Hope hasn’t made a squad yet this season. John Rooney exiled.

All these players would be pretty much guaranteed starters in most other teams in this league and are being woefully mismanaged.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Only HOPE?

I cannot believe the level of mediocrity we are putting up with, our outlay on Norwood alone must equate to a 1/3 of their total budget.

Unsworth has had almost a full season to get rid of the dross, he’s had a full close season to bring in his preferred targets, and a structured preseason to determine a playing style.

Apart from one solitary win against relegation favourites we’ve been piss poor. We are already 7 points adrift of the leaders, averaging only a point a game  and have yet another minus goal difference!!

It’s simply not good enough, not good enough at all. It’s still early days and although we have a couple of key players injured we should still be performing much better.

Another defeat on Monday against ‘high flyers’ Solihull Moors will surely set the alarm bells ringing!

I've been taken to task many times on here over my negativity towards the manager and his backward methods, today I see a point away as positive and I'm still getting the same.

Sadly, I don't think Monday will be any better but I'll keep on saying till I'm blue in the face.

I hope I'm wrong!

Strange game. The only excitement in the first half was the thunder and lightning. I couldn’t understand why they watered the pitch at h/t after the monsoon. Second half, we had a spell either side of the hour mark where we looked good, kept possession and there was actually some passion and attacking intent. Going just by chances created, BW probably should have won, and the save that Hudson tipped over the bar was brilliant. But then again we could have won it at the death, how the ball hit the underside of the bar and bounced out was a mystery.

It’s difficult to accuse Unsworth of negative football given that he played two up top, certainly second half with Fondop and Norwood (who had an off day I thought). However, overall we seem lacking in confidence and drive and are poor at retaining possession unless it’s to go sideways or backwards. Hopefully when the injured players come back that will improve. I really don’t see the point of the insults aimed at Unsworth, how does it motivate the players?

Last point - how embarrassing was the BW keeper? Gets a free kick at the end and dribbles it backwards to the far corner of his box, playing for a draw when he’s the home keeper!

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

And we must have so many unhappy players in the camp. Norwood will be pissed off. Nuttall gets booed all the time. Reid and Kurt hardly get picked. Hobson’s gone from team of the year to bench warmer. Tollitt’s form has been shot to pieces. Hallam Hope hasn’t made a squad yet this season. John Rooney exiled.

All these players would be pretty much guaranteed starters in most other teams in this league and are being woefully mismanaged.

Totally agree.

Most of our team are players who played well for their previous clubs yet are doing nothing with us.There can only be one reason and that is Unsworth. He really has had long enough.

I know we can't expect to win every game but his lack of tactics other than don't lose the game will get us nowhere. 

5 points from 5 matches is not acceptable. Does he not question his own ability? Or does he really believe he can manage a football team? Nice bloke but inept.Comments today seemed to be the same as in all our previous games. No passing,no creativity for probably the best strikers in this league.Result no goals and shit performance. No doubt in his interview he will be able to rationalise  the result and performance.There will be no apology..His days have got to be numbered. On Monday I'm not thinking of the result but want to see a performance,some intent to win the game or at least lose whilst fighting.

Under Joe we always took it to the opposition even if we didn't always win.Unsworth just lies down and gives in to every team.If we were winning every game I could put up with crap football. But crap football and crap results are unacceptable. We were lucky to get a point today but he won't see it like that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Only HOPE?

Post. 

Although I fear if the alarm bells haven't started by now a defeat on Monday won't make much difference...

45 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Bang on Londonboy. He must give Reid a try with his pace and not give Nuttall a start all the time.We had chances today but so did they and they should have won.A point against one of a number of our boggie teams is OK but our  fans need to see better fayre for their money .Can only hope we play a far more attacking style on Monday against another boggle team  doing well.

A bogey team after playing them three times ever!!🤣

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He said they only created 1 or two chances. We created far more apparently. 
He watches different games to me. 
“Delighted” with the clean sheet. Says we need to be more clinical. 

He uses that word a lot.

I’ll be delighted when we get to the the top of the table and turn Boundary Park into a fortress.