MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (H) 09/09/23

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Boo boys already trying to frame a potential victory as not meaning anything, getting a bit pathetic now.

Still worth a comment though?

For me it doesn't mean that much if we win today.  We need to win today.  Then again next week.  And the week after and then whatever run is required to get us up to near the top of the league.  Then the games become important.  If we're just going to bumble along picking up wins here and there, they're not that meaningful.

This absolutely atrocious start to the season that Unsworth has overseen needs a bigger turnaround than just a win today...

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He has to win today, I think it really is that simple. 1 win in 8 and 3 consecutive home losses would see him out the door in my opinion. 

I don't think it does, unfortunately. I think Frank's speech last week confirmed that.

But if we can't beat Dorking at home we aren't really capable of beating anyone. They have to win. 

Fwiw I think they'll win comfortably. 

• Like 1

We are in a hopeless situation.  Frank has done us all proud but the football is uninspiring and not worthy of support.  Is there a fan or supporter out there who has any confidence in Rhino?

We should win today but it means nothing.  This is a league where you have to play to win and that is beyond the management.  Surprisingly he is a dinosaur putting shape beyond expansive play.  I hate it but I've paid up like so many, so amazingly many, and will keep going.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Boo boys already trying to frame a potential victory as not meaning anything, getting a bit pathetic now.

A win always means something , but if it’s followed by a couple of draws and losses it does lose its value particularly for what we are aiming for. My worry is the odd victory will be  seen as justification to continue with the current manager. We need a sustained convincing run of victories which I really hope comes for Unsworth . 

30 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I don't think it does, unfortunately. I think Frank's speech last week confirmed that.

But if we can't beat Dorking at home we aren't really capable of beating anyone. They have to win. 

Fwiw I think they'll win comfortably. 

Yep, lose today and he isn’t going anywhere. 

The most forgiving job in football will need to get a lot worse before action is taken. 

2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

looking forward to this one and hopefully clicking my heels on the way out

Just back from the Gabba where the Lions smashed Port Adelaide in the qualifying final. We now have a week off and are only two wins away from our first flag in 20 years. My voice has gone completely and I have no heels left; I have clicked them that much.

I too am looking forward to the Dorking 

game!

• Like 1