MATCH: Maidenhead United (H) 03/10/23

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s played because he’s fit and our options in that position have been piss poor. 

7 out of 10 each game ? Absolutely no chance. He gives his all, but I could find you dozens of players who play on a Sunday who will run for our club. 

He is piss poor, technically. Why he got an extension ? No idea but I didn’t agree with it at the time and I still don’t. 

The amount of times I praise him for winning the ball, and follow with the words,  he’s gone and given it away again, is countless. 

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s crap mate honestly. But you are more than entitled to have an opinion. 

He’s got an engine and is always available so managers will put faith in him for that alone. 

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

We fixate a lot on what players can’t do, I accept his passing is poor. But he can tackle, (which a lot shy away from now) has a good engine, and doesn’t hide. He’s played in a side that’s gone 5 unbeaten, and to say he crap means we’re carrying him. I don’t think that’s the case. 

He’s a steady eddie in my view. You could argue is that enough, and that has merit. But what he does - he does well. 

Would you have him in the squad if/when he’s replaced? 

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He's a guy you play in midfield as a last resort, when you are down to the bare bones.

Someone so lacking in technical ability and spacial awareness shouldn't be playing in centre midfield for as long as he has, it is bizarre.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Because we don’t have another option.

Sheron is good enough to be in the team aiming for promotion. As people have said, players player says a huge amount about how well he does his job

People saying Norwood retains the ball well seriously haven't been paying attention. He gives it away plenty. I'm not convinced at all by him. If Nuttall was putting in his performances they would be burning effigies of him outside the ground.

Also a lot of those people who said Unsworth was the problem are now blaming the players and saying the squad isn't good enough

55 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

My bad. Ward you've written off after a kick about

Correct, he's a limited footballer in much the same way that Sheron and Shelton are, you can understand why Williamson and the Gateshead fans were not really arsed to lose him, I'm happy for you to pull this up when he returns and proves me wrong but he will be lucky to catch the 16 if fit from what I've seen.

22 hours ago, disjointed said:

We couldn't handle their number 17 second half, he was all over the pitch dictating play. We are still a couple of players short in midfield and I'm not sure bringing Nuttall on was the right option. Very lucky to get a point after a promising 1st half when we should have put the game to bed. I like the look of Lundstram and hope we can get a full 90 out of him soon. 

Smith was excellent for them when he came on second half. Was involved in everything and ran the whole show. Would look great along side Lundstrom!

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct, he's a limited footballer in much the same way that Sheron and Shelton are, you can understand why Williamson and the Gateshead fans were not really arsed to lose him, I'm happy for you to pull this up when he returns and proves me wrong but he will be lucky to catch the 16 if fit from what I've seen.

What chance have players got if people are writing them off because of a bleeding friendly 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, Le miserable1 said:

The way Sutton played last night makes a case for him to play central midfield,driving the ball forward with strength,just a thought.Ready for the snipers.👷‍♂️

Are we that desperate, why don't we just use the loan market and bring one or two in till we get a couple back?, must be someone who could do a job for us?.

I see the right wing back I put up on here a couple of months ago has gone back to Lee Johnson's Fleetwood but is yet to catch- Chiekh Thiam, he would solve our issues down the right and allow us to be more flexible in the system we play, wouldn't be surprised to see him turning out for someone like Alty in the coming weeks.

11 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

The way Sutton played last night makes a case for him to play central midfield,driving the ball forward with strength,just a thought.Ready for the snipers.👷‍♂️

Even though he had a good game last night the more confident he got last the worse he played. Was caught out a couple of times over complicating things in the first half when it needed playing long. Was tried in midfield for a half pre-season and looked like a fish out of water.

So a definite no from me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

What chance have players got if people are writing them off because of a bleeding friendly 🤦‍♂️

Stop being precious, I'm presuming he was trying to impress given we'd just brought him in, it's my opinion of him I'm sure others will think he's a fucking superstar because he can run around for 70 minutes and he puts the yards in.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Stop being precious, I'm presuming he was trying to impress given we'd just brought him in, it's my opinion of him I'm sure others will think he's a fucking superstar because he can run around for 70 minutes and he puts the yards in.

You've written a player off when he's barely even kicked a ball for us. Absolutely pathetic. No wonder we never achieve anything with such a pessimistic fanbase 🤦‍♂️

Friendlies don't even count. They're for fitness. I can't believe there's actual adults who think otherwise. 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

You've written a player off when he's barely even kicked a ball for us. Absolutely pathetic. No wonder we never achieve anything with such a pessimistic fanbase 🤦‍♂️

Friendlies don't even count. They're for fitness. I can't believe there's actual adults who think otherwise. 

Utterly bizarre isn’t it. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's all about opinions....

21 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Nuttall probably deserves that treatment,complete fraud

Nuttall simply isn't switched on.

He runs toward the ball, but by the time he gets there, it has invariably already gone.

He is the reason that Norwood "gives the ball away" too many times.

There were several times where Norwood would expect his strike partner to read his lay-offs only for Nuttall to be half an hour too late. Reid was on to them in the first half.

Equally, play it to him and it gets stuck under his feet.

It's like playing with 10 men every time he comes on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Writing a player off as shit after playing 20 minutes for us is such an utterly shit opinion

I think he's limited, are you telling me I can't have an opinion now? Fuckin hell shall we all stop posting then? I've seen enough to suggest he isn't what we need and until I see something else then that's my view. Apologies if that offends.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think he's limited, are you telling me I can't have an opinion now? Fuckin hell shall we all stop posting then? I've seen enough to suggest he isn't what we need and until I see something else then that's my view. Apologies if that offends.

You can have an opinion, and I can give you my opinion that writing a player off after 20 minutes and a glorified kick about about is idiotic.

Why are some elements of our support always so desperate for us to fail? I don't understand it

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

You can have an opinion, and I can give you my opinion that writing a player off after 20 minutes and a glorified kick about about is idiotic.

I’ve seen Lundstram play less than Ward and can say very confidently Lundstram is the better player. Is my opinion invalid as I havnt seen enough of him ? 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I’ve seen Lundstram play less than Ward and can say very confidently Lundstram is the better player. Is my opinion invalid as I havnt seen enough of him ? 

I've only seen Lundstram play for 20 minutes and he didn't do much at all, so I think he's shit and will never come good.