MATCH: Maidenhead United (H) 03/10/23

7 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

I get it, and tend to agree but you have to take into account confidence, fixture congestion and playing 4-4-2 where you cant afford any passengers.

Maybe we should play the system that can include passengers

34 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

I get it, and tend to agree but you have to take into account confidence, fixture congestion and playing 4-4-2 where you cant afford any passengers.

I don’t believe for one minute the players aren't fit, it is just one of those lazy observations that gets bandied about.

We probably do lack legs in the team though which is different from fitness.

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe we should play the system that can include passengers

Well let's use a formation that allows us to keep the ball for a start. Then begin to be on the front foot and move the opposition. Thats the complete antithesis of 4-4-2.

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don’t believe for one minute the players aren't fit, it is just one of those lazy observations that gets bandied about.

We probably do lack legs in the team though which is different from fitness.

yeah, In this day and age I agree, its lazy, you cant get away with being unfit. Im pointing out that there are other factors contributing to the leggyness. Chasing a ball around for the majority of a game saps your energy, it's the mind that gasses first. Then going on to do that 2 times a week must be a factor.

23 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

People saying Norwood retains the ball well seriously haven't been paying attention. He gives it away plenty. I'm not convinced at all by him. If Nuttall was putting in his performances they would be burning effigies of him outside the ground.

Also a lot of those people who said Unsworth was the problem are now blaming the players and saying the squad isn't good enough

If you exclude his spell at Tranmere, where he averaged a goal every other game (82 in 165, very good) his career record is 102 goals from 338 appearances - good, but not earth shattering. I think people got carried away by pre-season optimism. He's a good player and he's been no doubt hampered by our poor start and lack of service from midfield, but he is not the saviour some want him to be. He's also 33 years old.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I want facts, not imagination. How many nutritionists/conditionists do we have on the staff?

I don't wish to sound antagonistic but I don't have the employee register to hand I'm afraid.

Apologies if employee register isn't the correct terminology.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't wish to sound antagonistic but I don't have the employee register to hand I'm afraid.

Apologies if employee register isn't the correct terminology.

But you're happy to assume that we have access to said "abundance".

Maybe rein in your imagination in future.

Interim Manager: Steve Thompson
Goalkeeping Coach: Steve Collis
Physiotherapists: Rebecca O'Loughlin, Claire Swindall, Mick Rathbone
Sports Scientist & Strength and Conditioning Coach: Trystan Jones
Performance Analyst: Dan Coates
Kit Manager: Dean Pickering Snr

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Interim Manager: Steve Thompson
Goalkeeping Coach: Steve Collis
Physiotherapists: Rebecca O'Loughlin, Claire Swindall, Mick Rathbone
Sports Scientist & Strength and Conditioning Coach: Trystan Jones
Performance Analyst: Dan Coates
Kit Manager: Dean Pickering Snr

You missed the laundry staff off.  😉

18 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Point taken wise owl..

Hmmm - it was Worcester Owl you were responding to eyresy. I`d like to change my name to "Lame Duck" as fluffy keeps taking my current name literally - I don't think we can change names though?

19 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

If you exclude his spell at Tranmere, where he averaged a goal every other game (82 in 165, very good) his career record is 102 goals from 338 appearances - good, but not earth shattering. I think people got carried away by pre-season optimism. He's a good player and he's been no doubt hampered by our poor start and lack of service from midfield, but he is not the saviour some want him to be. He's also 33 years old.

lm really enjoying him being here

• Matt unfeatured this topic

15 hours ago, Lags said:

Why would anyone want to do that or be reborn with another account?. Certainly not due to another poster.

I wasn't really reborn, just forgot my password. Whilst Lionheart to L1onheartNew suggests rebirth, I would have been one hell of an ugly baby.