MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

anybody who blindly respcts and defends the police as an entity is totally detatched from reality. l had some good interactions with a few and saw two lve dated

even individual police officers do not respect the entity they serve. its full of good people but its riddled with evil. yes, Evil.

totally totally riddled. 

anybody blindly defending the police as an entity has never had a serious comvo with more than ten serving officers.

riddled.

Edited by Monty Burns
slight change to how l described the two l dated

Just now, League one forever said:

Everyone??

Don’t exaggerate Guy. 

I didn’t have any issue with the police yesterday, and neither the vast majority. Some innocent people were caught up because they had misfortune to be near some dickheads. The police are allowed to use force when people act like dicks, and while not condoning their behaviour towards innocent people, if our fans don’t behave like morons nothing happens. 

Ah OK, so the Police have carte blanche to stampede and seriously injure innocent fans because of a minority of bellends. Got it.

Don't imagine the guy who was lying prone after ten of them barged him over and trampled over him will agree with you. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The innocent fans they trampled over gave them an excuse? Or is a few dickheads enough of an excuse to treat everyone like scum?

The few dickheads acting like dickheads fired them up if the dickheads didn't act like dickheads they wouldn't have had an excuse to act like they did.

We've seen it before if football fans act like dickheads and the rest of us get tarnished with the same brush.

Any comments on the game ? Thought Sheron was immense fair play. Playing McGahey allowed Sheron to play further forward setting the tone for our press, which we did very well and created at least 2 solid chances from. 

Not sure McGahey is the long term answer, but he’s doing a job and could we have found a system to play and win away from home ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

The few dickheads acting like dickheads fired them up if the dickheads didn't act like dickheads they wouldn't have had an excuse to act like they did.

They're the Police! They're supposed to protect people. Why are they fired up? Why do they need an excuse to seriously injure innocent people? This is unbelievable. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

They're the Police! They're supposed to protect people. Why are they fired up? Why do they need an excuse to seriously injure innocent people? This is unbelievable. 

some people are just more blinded, obedient tax payers than others.

their brains live in Utopia you cant help them don't engage with it they can only wake up themselves and they also need to want to. ignore it he's OK with most stuff and hes happy and comfortable. dont try and take it away its impossible it can only happen through experience paying attention to everybody.

18 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I totally agree.  I can't believe the thinking of some people on here. Like you said it's unbelievable. 

Edited by O.A.F.C.

31 minutes ago, Peter the Great said:

The police only allow it at Dale for well behaved clubs - they did allow it for Leeds, Sunderland, Newcastle, and Tottenham who all seemed to know how to behave at football.   They'll never allow it for Oldham

Leeds?? 

5 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Because a load of morons spent the day on drink and drugs and decided to go the pitch and have a scrap that's why they were fired up.

This is what happens at our local aways these days we have a massive group of morons who turn up to cause trouble and as result we will get more and more heavy handed police treatment, and innocent people will get caught up in it and it is shit.

If you were Innocent and you got caught up in trouble I'm sorry to hear that. But if we play that game at Spotland in the play offs the police will be all over this and some will be only too keen to start wacking people with sticks.

• Like 2

Makes me laugh how they've all been on drugs... how do you know that?

The police horse charge after the game was reckless and totally unnecessary. 

Anyway it was a great day out, great atmosphere and result. But dear god I don't want to be playing 18 mins extra every game. 

2 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Let's put things right though, the violence only flared after Oldham fans were attacked.  Yes they shouldn't have been there, but to me the blame rests on the authorities.  It was a total fuck up before, during and after.  

If u think the authorities are the problem then u are not right in the head. Clearly some moronic individuals out there and there would have been trouble anyway 

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Bit of an exaggeration. 3000 there yesterday and maybe 50-100 at most got excited.

Probably yeah its an exaggeration, but it's still too many and they seem he'll bent on ruining it for everyoneelse.

I mean call me crazy I just want to go to the game and enjoy it and go home without any aggro.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The game, anyone ? 

Can't make my mind up about Norwood. Either he is trying too hard or nothing quite works for him at the moment BUT then he scores a sublime finish.

Seems to be soo frustrated on the pitch sometimes-is it the standard of players around him, the style of play or with himself?

Mind you he should be frustrated after Lundstram refused that pass to him in the first half.

Oh and Hudson drives me crackers-how he got away without a booking yesterday for time wasting escapes me. Be interesting to see if Mellon tries to speed up the pace of play and ditch the long kicking.

Edited by whittles left foot

28 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The game, anyone ? 

The game was enjoyable if not the best football. Plenty for MM to get sorted and I think he will. I still think we need 3 or 4 team sheet players to make us a good promotion bet.

As been documented Will Sutton is no RB, and that position needs filling first. Sheron had one of his better displays whilst Green didn't again but was on the score sheet so he gets a pass. Lundstrum is gaining fitness and I hope he continues to improve and be that driving forward player we need. Kitching remains our crosser of the ball and got up and down well but did go missing defending has he does.  Class goal from Hope. Norwood still not getting enough service and that needs to change. The defence still needs improved performances. 

Edited by Lags

9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Can't make my mind up about Norwood. Either he is trying too hard or nothing quite works for him at the moment BUT then he scores a sublime finish.

Seems to be soo frustrated on the pitch sometimes-is it the standard of players around him, the style of play or with himself?

Mind you he should be frustrated after Lundstram refused that pass to him in the first half.

He just needs chances. Sutton cleared off the line for a cert goal and Lundstram didn’t play a simple ball. 

Things didn’t pay off for him yesterday but he took his only chance and worked hard to press and slip in Green who should have scored.

Fair play to Hallam Hope who did well and worked hard all game.

Nuttall, Kurt, Dickinson (injured), Ward, Freeman, Raglan all not in the squad yesterday.

The squad is still not balanced, but we are moving in the correct direction now! 

22 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

If u think the authorities are the problem then u are not right in the head. Clearly some moronic individuals out there and there would have been trouble anyway 

Exactly.  It was a high risk game. That's why the policing should have been better.  Wonder how much the policing bill was yesterday? I have never seen so many after the match before.  And they couldn't control 50-100 bellends.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Ah OK, so the Police have carte blanche to stampede and seriously injure innocent fans because of a minority of bellends. Got it.

Don't imagine the guy who was lying prone after ten of them barged him over and trampled over him will agree with you. 

Yeah, that’s what I said. . . 🙄

You’ve completely ignored the part in both my replies where I said I don’t condone innocent people getting caught up in it. Whether you’re doing that to suit your narrative I’m not sure. But your argument lacks any balance whatsoever. 

What you want- which is for police in the heat of moment to hand pick the dicks out and politely move the innocent away lacks any credibility. Nor does it acknowledge why the police are charging in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You’ve completely ignored the part in both my replies where I said I don’t condone innocent people getting caught up in it. Whether you’re doing that to suit your narrative I’m not sure. But your argument lacks any balance whatsoever. 

What you want- which is for police in the heat of moment to hand pick the dicks out and politely move the innocent away lacks any credibility. Nor does it acknowledge why the police are charging in the first place. 

They were charging because they were out of position due to their incompetence.  They were stood at the Sandy Lane End when it wasn't hard to figure out the trouble would be at the opposite end of The Wilbuts Lane Stand where the fans left together and majority heading in the same direction towards town.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Dear me - so now the police are actively getting fired up so they can seriously injure people. 

Or. 

They did their job to restore order, and unfortunately in a high pressure moment innocent people were hurt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😄 God forbid the Police have to do their jobs. Nah, probably better to just blindly charge through a bunch of innocent people instead

Christ, some people will just blindly support the police no matter what won't they? Even when they've seriously injured one of our own fans. Not a single one of the pricks checked if he was OK after they'd trampled over him by the way. Because they don't care

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

They were charging because they were out of position due to their incompetence.  They were stood at the Sandy Lane End when it wasn't hard to figure out the trouble would be at the opposite end of The Wilbuts Lane Stand where the fans left together and majority heading in the same direction towards town.

That’s nonsense. 

The ‘trouble’ to begin with was at the Sandy lane, and that’s where the police were. It was only after the fourth goal that it kicked off at the other end. Then guess what- they moved to the other end to restore order. 

It’s almost as if, they’re moving about to restore order where it happens.