MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you don't have a good job but are into football violence you are a cunt

If you have a good job but are still into football violence you're still a cunt.

Is that too "uppity" for you to understand?

It's not a case of just being into football violence for some people, it's a matter of not taking shit. Yesterday a couple of Oldham fans were getting beaten and some people thought fuck that, and ran over and backed them up.  Hence why I think it was preventable and down to poor policing.  

Obviously you think differently.  I'm just glad I'm not in the trenches with you and a few others on here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Didn't it kick off with Bolton last time we played them away? Bolton got ran but no one said anything then. all this is well OTT. Handbags at best yesterday 

If anything that was worst because it was prearranged and inexcusable. Yesterday was circumstantial.

^ Well, I don't know anything about that if you're referring to a recent event. I was talking about the situation in the 70s after our promotions to Div 3 and then to Div 2. I saw Latics play at Bolton several times in the period 1971-77, and our supporters gave very little visual or audible indication of their presence. It was the same with games at Blackburn, the only exception being the game in August 1975, when a hundred or two Chaddy Enders can be seen celebrating our goal in the Darwen End (at around the 1:30 mark).

NB this is a response to the post of oafcmb on the previous page.

Edited by Summerdeep
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

^ Well, I don't know anything about that if you're referring to a recent event. I was talking about the situation in the 70s after our promotions to Div 3 and then to Div 2. I saw Latics play at Bolton several times in the period 1971-77, and our supporters gave very little visual or audible indication of their presence. It was the same with games at Blackburn, the only exception being the game in August 1975, when a hundred or two Chaddy Enders can be seen celebrating our goal in the Darwen End (at around the 1:30 mark).

"Cunts the lot of them, hope they got a deserved kicking" - GlossopLatics 

44 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Back to the footy... I`m going to stick my neck out a little here and say that IF we get a couple of decent signings (and steer clear of injuries to key players), I think we could go the rest of the season unbeaten. Who knows how that might end? We've not lost since DU's departure (speaks volumes) - invest now and we could reap huge dividends.

3-0 home win on Tuesday then!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

It's not a case of just being into football violence for some people, it's a matter of not taking shit. Yesterday a couple of Oldham fans were getting beaten and some people thought fuck that, and ran over and backed them up.  Hence why I think it was preventable and down to poor policing.  

Obviously you think differently.  I'm just glad I'm not in the trenches with you and a few others on here.

I can only presume you don’t read what you type, but let’s digest the contradictions. 

They’re not into violence they just don’t take shit. Why would going to the football need a predetermined idea that ‘although I’m not into violence- I don’t take shit.’ Unless of course you’re planning to put yourself in a position where that would need to relevant. But I think that’s gone over your head. 

It’s preventable, because the police should be aware that although no one is into football violence, they might be because they just don’t take shit. 

Some people were beaten, but because no one is into football violence and they just don’t take shit, 
they did it to be hero’s. .

Comedy Gold. 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lags said:

All jobs are good. Some are paid better than others.  Some jobs aren't paid there worth.

Not everyone can drive rockets to Mars, however most take pride in what they do. That's OK in my book. 

I know this much,  I don't call anyone a c*** on here,  never have,  don't need to and I very much doubt you do in real life. I don't know you from Adam but I'd wager you're better than that. 

I use the term sparingly but when it comes to blokes who are into football violence and are old enough to know better then I think its an accurate description.

Anyway that's my last word on the matter I've made my point on this its time we got back to the football.

It was quite surprising to see a 7 goal game yesterday when Micky Mellon is considered to veer more towards pragmatism than flamboyance. What I do believe is that I think he will be the type to believe in hard work. Which probably explained the decision to brink back Hallam Hope who if we know he'll do one thing its put in a shift. Be interesting to see how this plays out from here and how he evolves the team.

Edited by GlossopLatic

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can only presume you don’t read what you type, but let’s digest the contradictions. 

They’re not into violence they just don’t take shit. Why would going to the football need a predetermined idea that ‘although I’m not into violence- I don’t take shit.’ Unless of course you’re planning to put yourself in a position where that would need to relevant. But I think that’s gone over your head. 

It’s preventable, because the police should be aware that although no one is into football violence, they might be because they just don’t take shit. 

Some people were beaten, but because no one is into football violence and they just don’t take shit, 
they did it to be hero’s. .

Comedy Gold. 😂😂

What planet are you on?? 😂😂😂

If you call somebody a cunt (#glossoplatic)

some people will just be offended, others will put their forehead in your teeth.  Fuck knows where you've been hiding sweetheart but you've been wrapped up in cotton wool 😂😂😂

Edited by O.A.F.C.

2 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

some people will just be offended, others will put their forehead in your teeth.  Fuck knows where you've been hiding sweetheart but you've been wrapped up in cotton wool 😂😂😂

Two days in a row on the gear. . you’ll be no use on Tuesday when you’re windmilling fresh air will you. Oh sorry, when you’re not taking shit. 

Anyway, enjoy the luge and kebab juice later. I’m off to bed to with my hot chocolate. 😘

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Are you still going? Dead hard you

1 hour ago, oafcmb said:

Didn't it kick off with Bolton last time we played them away? Bolton got ran but no one said anything then. all this is well OTT. Handbags at best yesterday 

Apparently so. I was offered "a line" in the away end toilets by a nice gentleman (!) - he really was dead pleasant. I politely declined and he then went onto tell me how they'd "done Bolton" at a pre-arranged fight at or near Horwich Train Station from memory. Now, I don't condone violence but I must admit to having had an underlying feeling of "good, well done" - simply because Bolton's thugs were absolutely horrible bastards in the past. That might make me a bad person I know but I`m only being honest.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Bang on.

11 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Apparently so. I was offered "a line" in the away end toilets by a nice gentleman (!) - he really was dead pleasant. I politely declined and he then went onto tell me how they'd "done Bolton" at a pre-arranged fight at or near Horwich Train Station from memory. Now, I don't condone violence but I must admit to having had an underlying feeling of "good, well done" - simply because Bolton's thugs were absolutely horrible bastards in the past. That might make me a bad person I know but I`m only being honest.

Remember the confrontation well. We went to Horwich for a couple of drinks and ended up in a working man’s club. We were in a room upstairs with a grandstand view of the fisticuffs outside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know people make their own choices in life and those intent on causing trouble would probably have found it anyway, but I make O.A.F.C half right. The policing and stewarding was a joke on Saturday...

I arrived 20 mins late and it took me over ten minutes to get access into the ground with my ticket. No late turnstile open, and talking to the steward who answered the bang on the gate was like showing a dog a card trick. Hundreds of bodies stood at the front,  pretty much doing as they pleased. It was a poor effort on a policing and security side.

That said, it was most certainly our biggest bellend to supporter ratio I've ever seen us have. Every village in the parish was missing an idiot on Saturday. Big slow clap for the decision just to sling the tickets out to open sale straight away.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly
typo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I arrived 20 mins late and it took me over ten minutes to get access into the ground with my ticket. No late turnstile open, and talking to the steward who answered the bang on the gate was like showing a dog a card trick. Hundreds of bodies stood at the front,  pretty much doing as they pleased. It was a poor effort on a policing and security side.

That said, it was most certainly our biggest bellend to supporter ratio I've ever seen us have. Every village in the parish was missing an idiot on Saturday. Big slow clap for the decision just to sling the tickets out to open sale straight away.

Think it is fair to say the open sale fiasco won't be repeated for such a fixture.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"Oldham Athletic is working alongside Greater Manchester Police following incidents of disorder at Saturday’s game against Rochdale."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/october/23102023-club-statement/

Wonder if the ticket office staff will be interviewed ?  😒

• Like 1