MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

4 minutes ago, Oafc11 said:

I’m just saying, it just wasn’t myself who heard nothing, many around me was saying the same thing and was quite bemused by what was going on

Oh I believe you, and I think the most likely scenario is he misheard something as being racist.

That being said if an Oldham fan did racially abuse him then I hope the club and GMP throw the book and the kitchen sink at them.

However if the player has made it up, him and everyone else at Dale who has repeated it should publicly apologise and the FA / National League should give serious consideration to banning him for TBD games

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

However if the player has made it up, him and everyone else at Dale who has repeated it should publicly apologise and the FA / National League should give serious consideration to banning him for TBD games

I don’t think we’ll ever know definitively. 

But this is what doesn’t sit right with me, he stopped straight away- told the ref, who went over to tell McNulty. (Which McNulty confirmed in his post match presser) In the meantime he’s telling our players what had happened and Norwood looked visibly shocked and told the fans to cut it out. I don’t think somebody does that on thinking they might of heard something but they’re not sure. His reaction was immediate.

But like I say, we’ll never know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

Absolutely amazed at anyone discrediting Hogan today. An absolute captains performance on and off the pitch. 

He was great at calming down the situation in the corner between our fans and theirs in the seats. 

True leadership. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

We've got some proper knobhead fans haven't we

from what l saw it appeared they left the Latics section and went over the pitch to engage. l havent seen that for years

the Latics fan gettin mullered at the other end in the standing section landed a top dig early doors.

police were poor and then to top it off tbey took control of a large number of our fans (mosy of whom wanted to go the other way back to their cars) and walked them straigbt into an ambush

jus listened to his aftermatch interview and l think it's safe to say Muzza won't be leaving the club!!!!

happy about that he's ace. 

l cant believe how much Rochdale hate us.

we are going to have to get used to bad crowd behaviour. it comes as a by product of success. also Humanity in general is devolving and it's too late to change.

fuckinelll that was bleak wasnt it

Edited by Monty Burns
  • Like 2

The Rochdale fans are just as much to blame than ours. Me and a mate ended up getting a taxi to the stadium, we got out about a mile before getting to the ground to walk the rest. 

Within 2 minutes a car pulled up next to us full with 4 lads, asking where we was going so we just said the football game, no indication if we were Oldham or Rochdale fans. Anyhow, the lads assumed we supported Oldham and got out the car. They quickly got back laughing ect as my mate was shat up. Bit more walking and they do it again, to which they attempted to engage. 4 v 2 against scumbags and we didn’t fancy are chances so had to leg it. Twats. 

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

I don’t think we’ll ever know definitively. 

But this is what doesn’t sit right with me, he stopped straight away- told the ref, who went over to tell McNulty. (Which McNulty confirmed in his post match presser) In the meantime he’s telling our players what had happened and Norwood looked visibly shocked and told the fans to cut it out. I don’t think somebody does that on thinking they might of heard something but they’re not sure. His reaction was immediate.

But like I say, we’ll never know. 

I know there were a lot of dickheads there yesterday, but surely someone would of heard what was actually said and the story would come out. Maybe not straight away to avoid a potential altercation, but if someone did hear anything, they should absolutely come forward post game. 

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

from what l saw it appeared they left the Latics section and went over the pitch to engage. l havent seen that for years

the Latics fan gettin mullered at the other end in the standing section landed a top dig early doors.

police were poor and then to top it off tbey took control of a large number of our fans (mosy of whom wanted to go the other way back to their cars) and walked them straigbt into an ambush

There was 3 in the Sandy Lane end who appeared to be holding off their kiddy firm by themselves. The bloke in the light blue/grey jacket gave at least 2 or 3 stiff shots to the head.

The stewarding was woefully inadequate, they seemed to be a lot more complacent than I would expect. I walked straight through the 2 stewards to get in without getting searched or my bag searched (but I was earlier than I would normally be). The standing in the aisles, at the front and in the vomitories was ridiculous. Fans at the front were openly drinking in the stands. Although that's a daft law that needs eliminating, or enforcing at all major events.

The policing when it did finally arrive was overkill and not well organised. 2nd half they had a load of police in riot gear at the Sandy Lane end, as that's where the trouble WAS. However with us kicking the other way it was clear that police might be needed at the other end.

Not sure what happened at the end as I was one of the last leaving the ground. But that didn't seem well organised either. If GMP are going to prevent Oldham fans going one way then they should do the same for Rochdale fans, especially when 50% of the crowd was Oldham. In the future they should also think about it in advance, so Oldham fans should park in one direction and Dale fans should park the other way.

Because this is a bit of tangent I didn't want to add it to my previous post.

But looking back on the footage yesterday, I'm not sure why those looking for trouble don't wear masks as it makes them less identifiable? It is a lot more normalised now thanks to the Rona.

This is despite the fact it would probably cause me significantly more aggro as one of the few people who still wears a mask in crowded situations or enclosed spaces.

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Because this is a bit of tangent I didn't want to add it to my previous post.

But looking back on the footage yesterday, I'm not sure why those looking for trouble don't wear masks as it makes them less identifiable? It is a lot more normalised now thanks to the Rona.

This is despite the fact it would probably cause me significantly more aggro as one of the few people who still wears a mask in crowded situations or enclosed spaces.

this is the most Monty Burns post Monty Burns never posted!!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

There was 3 in the Sandy Lane end who appeared to be holding off their kiddy firm by themselves. The bloke in the light blue/grey jacket gave at least 2 or 3 stiff shots to the head.

The stewarding was woefully inadequate, they seemed to be a lot more complacent than I would expect. I walked straight through the 2 stewards to get in without getting searched or my bag searched (but I was earlier than I would normally be). The standing in the aisles, at the front and in the vomitories was ridiculous. Fans at the front were openly drinking in the stands. Although that's a daft law that needs eliminating, or enforcing at all major events.

The policing when it did finally arrive was overkill and not well organised. 2nd half they had a load of police in riot gear at the Sandy Lane end, as that's where the trouble WAS. However with us kicking the other way it was clear that police might be needed at the other end.

Not sure what happened at the end as I was one of the last leaving the ground. But that didn't seem well organised either. If GMP are going to prevent Oldham fans going one way then they should do the same for Rochdale fans, especially when 50% of the crowd was Oldham. In the future they should also think about it in advance, so Oldham fans should park in one direction and Dale fans should park the other way.

l was the guy in the parka helping that female steward tasked with manning the 'security fence' she was physically injured in the first wave. she thanked me and said 'dont come back in the second half, the police are in their vans putting riot gear on and they are going to go through you all' a copper then appeared and told me the same thing in a far less friendly manner. l hope she is OK.

• Like 1

I really like Mellon giving Paul Murray credit for the Hope selection. 

I'm more optimistic for our future under this manager than I've been for as long as I can remember. Comes across as a true leader.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Speaking of right backs, we need one to put poor Will Sutton out of his misery in that position.

He got ripped apart from start to finish yesterday.

yes he did. he will have benefitted from this run in the team, but we have reached the limit of that and are in danger of cancelling it all out. if it is hoped there will be a conversion, there won't be he is too rangey and doesnt have enough pace. needs to go out on loan IMO.

11 hours ago, Oafc11 said:

Did you not see the father and young son getting filled in by a load of old Rochdale fans in the home end (seating behind the goal) just pipe down a bit ffs, that’s why some went on the pitch to try an stop it, because the stewards did nothing while his 15 son was being punched all over the stand….

Fuck around. Find out