MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

11 hours ago, Oafc11 said:

Did you not see the father and young son getting filled in by a load of old Rochdale fans in the home end (seating behind the goal) just pipe down a bit ffs, that’s why some went on the pitch to try an stop it, because the stewards did nothing while his 15 son was being punched all over the stand….

It was all very unnecessary.

Nowt wrong with some harmless ballooning but when it comes to violence it's crossed the line.

Loved yesterday and enjoy all the to and fro between the fans but some seriously embarrassing behaviour yesterday.

Some of the usual suspects, old enough to be grandfathers, who seem to be looking for trouble every time I see them at it again. Must be a pretty sad existence.

16 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Loved yesterday and enjoy all the to and fro between the fans but some seriously embarrassing behaviour yesterday.

Some of the usual suspects, old enough to be grandfathers, who seem to be looking for trouble every time I see them at it again. Must be a pretty sad existence.

was a bit much yesterday. Took the shine off the day for me. Balloons everywhere embarrassing themselves. Need to make it 11am ko in future

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I really like Mellon giving Paul Murray credit for the Hope selection. 

I'm more optimistic for our future under this manager than I've been for as long as I can remember. Comes across as a true leader.

Yep, agreed. Shows he’s emotionally intelligent as well, brings everyone together, has lots of humility and doesn’t make it about himself. It’s clear he knows how to get the best out of people which I would argue is just as important as tactics. 

For the first time since we got relegated, I turned up yesterday expecting us to win. We’ve got a belief about us at the minute and Mellon will only enhance that with his approach. 

• Like 4

Tons of the aggravation yesterday could have easily been avoided had tickets not gone straight to open sale. Pub dust sellers clearly did a roaring trade this weekend. A good thousand or so we won’t see until the play offs or trophy final.

Annoys me a bit. Saw two ST holders outside who couldn’t get a ticket and were there on the off chance a spare was about. They should’ve had the chance to get one before they all got swallowed up.

Glad we won yesterday. That could’ve got well toxic if they’d have swung it when it got to 2-2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticsLegend said:

I think when you see teenager boys getting involved in stuff like that you can kind of put it down to them being too stupid to know better or just bad parenting even.

When see boys in their 40's 50's and even 60's getting involved In stuff like this and I will use the term boys because they aren't men. Men don't act like that. Then you really think they have failed at life. #awaydayboyz.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think when you see teenager boys getting involved in stuff like that you can kind of put it down to them being too stupid to know better or just bad parenting even.

When see boys in their 40's 50's and even 60's getting involved In stuff like this and I will use the term boys because they aren't men. Men don't act like that. Then you really think they have failed at life. #awaydayboyz.

Let's put things right though, the violence only flared after Oldham fans were attacked.  Yes they shouldn't have been there, but to me the blame rests on the authorities.  It was a total fuck up before, during and after.  

Edited by O.A.F.C.

7 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Let's put things right though, the violence only flared after Oldham fans were attacked.  Yes they shouldn't have been there, but to me the blame rests on the authorities.  It was a total fuck up before, during and after.  

Stop making excuses for them each goal we scored had our own so called fans running on the pitch and throwing flares on the pitch. They were looking for trouble.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

the violence only flared after Oldham fans were attacked. 

Nope. It started because Oldham fans can’t control themselves sat in the home stand. 

If any fan of any club goes to an away game,  and jumps up celebrating in the home end and running onto the pitch, then whinges because the home fans kicked off- They need to look in the mirror. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 4

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Stop making excuses for them each goal we scored had our own so called fans running on the pitch. They were looking for trouble.

Running on the pitch is different from swinging punches, again why were hundreds of fans allowed to stand along the perimeter? Why were they allowed to openly drink alcohol? 

It was a high risk game, the front couple of rows should have been meshed over to prevent people being to close to the pitch and people should of have been made to sit in their allocated seats.

It was a total shit show, and you're the one making excuses.

1 minute ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Running on the pitch is different from swinging punches, again why were hundreds of fans allowed to stand along the perimeter? Why were they allowed to openly drink alcohol? 

It was a high risk game, the front couple of rows should have been meshed over to prevent people being to close to the pitch and people should of have been made to sit in their allocated seats.

Or.

Perhaps leave the Colombian marching powder at home, have 4 pints instead of 12 and if you’re over 18 realise that it’s just a game of football not an audition for green street. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nope. It started because Oldham fans can’t control themselves sat in the home stand. 

If any fan of any club goes to an away game,  and jumps up celebrating in the home end and running onto the pitch, then whinges because the home fans kicked off- They need to look in the mirror. 

Who's whinging? Just telling you what happened.  

They should have given us half of the Peal Street Stand. They have done it for clubs in the past.

Edited by O.A.F.C.

1 minute ago, O.A.F.C. said:

I agree re the swinging punches bit but I decided because I couldn’t get a ticket in the home end I was going. There’s always a risk if you decide to do go with the opposition fans then make your allegiances known when we score AND run on the pitch you kind of get what you deserve. It shouldn’t be for the club to pen people in like sheep to stop them climbing onto the pitch. The fans should just stay off the bleeding pitch. It’s as simple as that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Or.

Perhaps leave the Colombian marching powder at home, have 4 pints instead of 12 and if you’re over 18 realise that it’s just a game of football not an audition for green street. 

A high risk game should be policed to prevent trouble, not just hope that everybody can be responsible. We know from many times in the past that is never the case 

What a game. Too much to take in to analyse really. Hope was outstanding. Losing the two goal lead was poor but getting two more after that shows there's a real confidence and fight about this team at the moment. 5 wins and 3 draws from 8 games is very decent form, should hopefully be looking for another win on Tuesday.

Unfortunately some of our fans are wankers. And GMP are thugs in uniform who exacerbate things. Hope the guy who got trampled on by them outside is OK and puts a complaint in

16 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

"It was the police they made me go and snort coke and run on the pitch towards the away end and start a fight"

Good luck with that defence in court. 

As for the people in the home ends well there was 2 joint statements this week issued by Oldham Rochdale and GMP clearly telling Oldham fans not to buy tickets for the home ends if you then did and jumped up when we scored and got a kicking then I've no sympathy for them they deserved it for being thick.

Here is the statement it also clearly says that the use of pyro and going on the pitch is a criminal offence.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/october/27092023-rochdale-a-tickets2/

You're making excuses for people acting like cunts.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Who's whinging? Just telling you what happened.  

They should have given us half of the Wilbuts Lane End They have done it for clubs in the past.

There’s plenty whinging and abdicating any personal responsibility for their own behaviour. 

About circa 2900 Latics fans managed to go to a game, sing their hearts out, and enjoy the rivalry without any issue. 

About 100/200 Latics fans met up early, got smashed, incited the home crowd, got involved in things that nothing to do with them, and then blamed everyone else. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

This, 100%.

I've lost count of the number of times I've gone to our away games and stood/sat with home fans as the only way to see the game*. It's never fun, having to bite your tongue and keep your hands in your pockets if/when we score. But it's called self-preservation. Sadly too many idiots these days have no sense of self-control or discipline or personal accountability.

* The worst time was Upton Park, League Cup Semi-Final 2nd leg, just after we went 3-0 down. A rather large West Ham fan turned to me and said how many minutes played. I was about to tell him, kept my mouth shut and showed him my watch instead. Fortunately he was ok with that!!

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

"It was the police they made me go and snort coke and run on the pitch towards the away end and start a fight"

Good luck with that defence in court. 

As for the people in the home ends well there was 2 joint statements this week issued by Oldham Rochdale and GMP clearly telling Oldham fans not to buy tickets for the home ends if you then did and jumped up when we scored and got a kicking then I've no sympathy for them they deserved it for being thick.

You're making excuses for people acting like cunts.

You're misunderstanding my point. But going off your theory, if it's acceptable for the Rochdale fans to lay a few digs, it must to fine for Latics fans to run over and get stuck in as well?? Either violence is acceptable or unacceptable, your opinion has double standards 

Edited by O.A.F.C.

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There’s plenty whinging and abdicating any personal responsibility for their own behaviour. 

About circa 2900 Latics fans managed to go to a game, sing their hearts out, and enjoy the rivalry without any issue. 

About 100/200 Latics fans met up early, got smashed, incited the home crowd, got involved in things that nothing to do with them, and then blamed everyone else. 

So the GMP and Taurus who's job it is to prevent any trouble, didn't have any responsibility at all then?

Everybody knew it was going to be dickhead day out, so why didn't they prepare for it properly.

Edited by O.A.F.C.

14 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

A high risk game should be policed to prevent trouble, not just hope that everybody can be responsible. We know from many times in the past that is never the case 

I hope the police protect me today, because there’s a very good chance I might to decide to have a fight later. 😂😂