MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

anybody who blindly respcts and defends the police as an entity is totally detatched from reality. l had some good interactions with a few and saw two lve dated

even individual police officers do not respect the entity they serve. its full of good people but its riddled with evil. yes, Evil.

totally totally riddled. 

anybody blindly defending the police as an entity has never had a serious comvo with more than ten serving officers.

riddled.

Bloody eck Monty, you player you!!!.

32 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

And there you have it. Total refusal to recognise personal accountability.

It's absolutely pathetic isn't it.

It's the polices fault I ran on the pitch to start a fight

It's the Rochdale fans fault

It's societies fault.

People like this spend there whole lives blaming everyonelse for their own failing they never take responsibility. 

All the unsuccessful people I know do this. Looking at the state of some of those who ran on the pitch after the 4th goal Im guessing they aren't exactly some of lifes high achievers.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Lags said:

To be perfectly honest I've seen bigger brawls in a small pub. In true oldham fans style we over react about a society issue and call our own fans being the worst in football. Oldham fans are nowhere near the worst. 

Also if people don't think some police officers opt for the riot squad to be licensed thugs they think wrong. 

Let's move on,  it's certainly worse out there. 

This. Some of the stuff I`ve read on here is way ott. It was a cracking derby game, real buzz about the place and, yes, a few herberts did cause a bit of minor trouble. Largely, very enjoyable and well done to the team for recovering from 2-2. Nail biting stuff waiting for that final whistle though.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's absolutely pathetic isn't it.

It's the polices fault I ran on the pitch to start a fight

It's the Rochdale fans fault

It's societies fault.

People like this spend there whole lives blaming everyonelse for their own failing they never take responsibility. 

All the unsuccessful people I know do this. Looking at the state of some of those who ran on the pitch after the 4th goal Im guessing they aren't exactly some of lifes high achievers.

I think you'd be surprised how many different walks of life people are involved.  As for me blaming society,  no I am not.  I am saying its a society thing not an OAFC thing. 

I've got to say,  there's nowt wrong in having pride in yourself, but you're not better than the road sweep even if you're a brain surgeon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lags said:

I think you'd be surprised how many different walks of life people are involved.  As for me blaming society,  no I am not.  I am saying its a society thing not an OAFC thing. 

I've got to say,  there's nowt wrong in having pride in yourself, but you're not better than the road sweep even if you're a brain surgeon. 

Again, find myself agreeing. I know of a successful accountant who likes nothing better than to have a "recreational" snort every now and then - and a good, old tear up at the football. Completely crazy in my view but Lags is quite correct. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

It's an individual thing.

If you go and cause trouble at a football it's your fault. Not society, not Oldham Athletic, Not the police, not the fact it was a high risk game its your fault.  

If they are from a successful professional background and they do stuff like this then that's even worse because they should not only know better and have better things to occupy their time perhaps they are unhappy on some level. I'm abit more forgiving of the kid who had a tough upbringing and got in with the wrong crowd.

• Like 1

Unsworth didn't like basketball football so he set us up for a 0:0 draw or possible lucky win against Chesterfield.  After yesterday what do we prefer? Imagine if we'd actually tried to beat Chesterfield?  Never mind we still have time to climb the table. Come on you blues.

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you go and cause trouble at a football it's your fault. Not society, not Oldham Athletic, Not the police, not the fact it was a high risk game its your fault.  

If they are from a successful professional background and they do stuff like this then that's even worse because they should not only know better and have better things to occupy their time perhaps they are unhappy on some level. I'm abit more forgiving of the kid who had a tough upbringing and got in with the wrong crowd.

Of course it's the individuals fault,  it's their actions.  That doesn't mean society doesn't have a problem. 

3 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Unsworth didn't like basketball football so he set us up for a 0:0 draw or possible lucky win against Chesterfield.  After yesterday what do we prefer? Imagine if we'd actually tried to beat Chesterfield?  Never mind we still have time to climb the table. Come on you blues.

100% I'd take basketball 4 3 away wins every time if offered. Said it ages ago I doubt the Chesterfield fans are bothered how many times they've won high scoring games. 

However as stated earlier I don't fancy 18 mins extra time to often whilst hanging on. 

12 minutes ago, Lags said:

Of course it's the individuals fault,  it's their actions.  That doesn't mean society doesn't have a problem. 

Agreed but I was a Glodwick boot boy in my youth if anybody remembers those days.We were well hard and sorted out the Dale on many occasions expecially when Jimmy Fryatt scored against them!!

Edited by diggleblue
Wrong spelling.

45 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Putting aside the blatant contradiction in this comment, what on earth is this blather about "successful professional background" and superior moral conduct? Comes across as incredibly uppity. What next? ID cards at the football. 

• Like 1

Just now, diggleblue said:

Agreed but I was a Glodwick boot boy in my youth if anybody remembers those days.We were well hard and sorted out the Dale on many occasions expecially when Jimmy Fryatt scored against them!!

We took the Sandy Lane and all that's in it

We're gonna take you in just a minute.....

The hardcore Laics fans didn't take many ends in those days, apart from Rochdale and Bury, though I remember them making their presence felt at grounds like Crewe, Stockport and Chester in 1970-71. Once we were promoted to Div 3, our fans were pretty minor league in the hardcase stakes. Where were they at places like Bolton and Blackburn?

3 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

The hardcore Laics fans didn't take many ends in those days, apart from Rochdale and Bury, though I remember them making their presence felt at grounds like Crewe, Stockport and Chester in 1970-71. Once we were promoted to Div 3, our fans were pretty minor league in the hardcase stakes. Where were they at places like Bolton and Blackburn?

Well that helped it get back on discussing the match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Society does have a problem. Cunts brought up with no discipline by shit parents, so they grow up thinking they can do what they want.

Knobheads

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Society does have a problem. Cunts brought up with no discipline by shit parents, so they grow up thinking they can do what they want.

Knobheads

You give the impression that you behave the way you are, due to not having a slap when you were younger. 

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Then you'll know some of the stuff being posted here yesterday and todayis so OTT.

1 hour ago, Astro said:

Putting aside the blatant contradiction in this comment, what on earth is this blather about "successful professional background" and superior moral conduct? Comes across as incredibly uppity. What next? ID cards at the football. 

If you don't have a good job but are into football violence you are a cunt

If you have a good job but are still into football violence you're still a cunt.

Is that too "uppity" for you to understand?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you don't have a good job but are into football violence you are a cunt

If you have a good job but are still into football violence you're still a cunt.

Is that too "uppity" for you to understand?

All jobs are good. Some are paid better than others.  Some jobs aren't paid there worth.

Not everyone can drive rockets to Mars, however most take pride in what they do. That's OK in my book. 

I know this much,  I don't call anyone a c*** on here,  never have,  don't need to and I very much doubt you do in real life. I don't know you from Adam but I'd wager you're better than that. 

• Like 3

Back to the footy... I`m going to stick my neck out a little here and say that IF we get a couple of decent signings (and steer clear of injuries to key players), I think we could go the rest of the season unbeaten. Who knows how that might end? We've not lost since DU's departure (speaks volumes) - invest now and we could reap huge dividends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summerdeep said:

Didn't it kick off with Bolton last time we played them away? Bolton got ran but no one said anything then. all this is well OTT. Handbags at best yesterday