MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

9 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

You're misunderstanding my point. But going off your theory, if it's acceptable for the Rochdale fans to lay a few digs, it must to fine for Latics fans to run over and get stuck in as well?? Either violence is acceptable or unacceptable, your opinion has double standards 

You're pulling out some serious mental gymnastics to exonerate blame from the people responsible for this it was clearly stated.

If you buy a ticket in the wrong section of the ground you will be ejected from the stadium.

Its also a criminal offence to go on the pitch and to bring pyrotechnics into a football ground.

what are you not understanding here?

Here's the statement below

As for the Rochdale fans who threw punches well their will no doubt be plenty of CCTV footage if they get a knock on the door, a day in court and an assault charge I've no sympathy for them either.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/october/27092023-rochdale-a-tickets2/

Edited by GlossopLatic

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

You're pulling out some serious mental gymnastics to exonerate blame from the people responsible for this it was clearly stated.

If you buy a ticket in the wrong section of the ground you will be ejected from the stadium.

Its also a criminal offence to go on the pitch and to bring pyrotechnics into a football ground.

what are you not understanding here?

Here's the statement below

As for the Rochdale fans who threw punches well their will no doubt be plenty of CCTV footage if the get a knock on the door a day in court and an assault charge I've no sympathy for them either.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/october/27092023-rochdale-a-tickets2/

I don't give a fuck about any statements, you haven't acknowledged any of my points.  

1 minute ago, O.A.F.C. said:

So the GMP and Taurus who's job it is to prevent any trouble, didn't have any responsibility at all then?

Everybody knew it was going to be dickhead day out, so why didn't they prepare for it properly.

They have a professional responsibility to not be heavy handed with anyone after they’ve restored order. 

They don’t have any responsibility for how an individual behaves. 

Why did 2900 have no issue, and 100/200 did?? ? 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They have a professional responsibility to not be heavy handed with anyone after they’ve restored order. 

They don’t have any responsibility for how an individual behaves. 

Why did 2900 have no issue, and 100/200 did?? ? 

Is that how it works for games like Burnley/Blackburn, United/Liverpool etc?

The police just hope that everybody can behave?? 😂😂😂

51 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Let's put things right though, the violence only flared after Oldham fans were attacked.  Yes they shouldn't have been there, but to me the blame rests on the authorities.  It was a total fuck up before, during and after.  

Grow up.

Grown men are responsible for their own behaviour.

End of.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Is that how it works for games like Burnley/Blackburn, United/Liverpool etc?

The police just hope that everybody can behave?? 😂😂😂

But they can’t deal with them until they misbehave. I’m not sure what the police can do to stop people being utter dickheads who fully intended to be dickheads from the start. You can’t pull them out until they show themselves. 

We can all apportion blame onto whoever we think is culpable, from the insane decision not to prioritize tickets to season ticket holders, inadequate stewarding, ineffective policing and the overindulgence of some attendees but if people behave like dicks they can't expect to be treated humanely.

• Like 2

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Think the police are busy trampling over elderly men and batoning 15 year olds tbh

I left early after it kicked off in the home stand, as I walked behind the stand the young Latics fan that had been kicked out was being pinned against the wall, and the coppers were talking him down. It looked reasonable given the circumstances. But I’ve no doubt innocent people get dragged into it, which is horrible to see. 

21 hours ago, nzlatic said:

There is a big change in attitude. We look like we want to win every tackle, be first to the ball, pass and moving forward with intent. 

thats all that was missing. DU's plan to intetcept and break is impossible to work. if he gets another go and doesnt change that he is goin nowhere

Regarding the match itself, Sheron, Hope, Hogan we’re the standouts for me. Sheron allowed to push further forward harassing the opposition in possession with McGahey protecting. Hope ran his nuts off and was an outlet going forward, great goal too. 
The defending of set prices was statuesque at times though, work to be done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I left early after it kicked off in the home stand, as I walked behind the stand the young Latics fan that had been kicked out was being pinned against the wall, and the coppers were talking him down. It looked reasonable given the circumstances. But I’ve no doubt innocent people get dragged into it, which is horrible to see. 

10 of them absolutely barged into a large group of innocent fans with absolutely no warning which lead to one of them getting trampled on and seriously injured. They're as bad as the "hooligans". 

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you give the police an excuse to act like dicks they will do.

The old fella was just leaving the ground minding his own business.  But obviously with your twisted theory the damage had already been done by other dickheads so the tactical aid units response was justified 

sorry if l posted this already pisssed up last night but some lad went down in one of the celebrations and took a couple of head knocks managed to get him up and he wasnt too sure where he was or why he was lying down!!

if you post on here or youre his mate could you confirm hes ok for me or l'll think about it for the rest of my life 🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, True Tic said:

But they can’t deal with them until they misbehave. I’m not sure what the police can do to stop people being utter dickheads who fully intended to be dickheads from the start. You can’t pull them out until they show themselves. 

Erm... do their jobs properly.  They only appeared once the trouble had happened. Probably too busy having brews and biscuits.  

What was the point of them being there?  Fucking useless.

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The innocent fans they trampled over gave them an excuse? Or is a few dickheads enough of an excuse to treat everyone like scum?

Everyone??

Don’t exaggerate Guy. 

I didn’t have any issue with the police yesterday, and neither the vast majority. Some innocent people were caught up because they had misfortune to be near some dickheads. The police are allowed to use force when people act like dicks, and while not condoning their behaviour towards innocent people, if our fans don’t behave like morons nothing happens. 

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Who's whinging? Just telling you what happened.  

They should have given us half of the Peal Street Stand. They have done it for clubs in the past.

The police only allow it at Dale for well behaved clubs - they did allow it for Leeds, Sunderland, Newcastle, and Tottenham who all seemed to know how to behave at football.   They'll never allow it for Oldham