MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

Did the club get any sanctions after Chesterfield? Whether or not, this is surely accumulating against the club, and ultimately the true supporters. After a win at Fylde the next thing I’d love to hear this week is that there has been success in identifying these louts and action taken against them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I couldn't make today's game, but I reckon I wouldn't have known who they are, chances are they only attend certain away games where they can "fuel up" and have "a bit of a ruck". Doesn't only give the club a bad name but also tends to tar all supporters with the same brush. 

This... We go to quite a lot of aways and when tickets flew out the door as quickly as they did first thing we said is this isn't going to end well. Noticeable there was a lot of people of a certain age there today in their Stoneys. Didn't help the amount of people bringing a pint in from the bar that stewards seemed to not be arsed with, I got a beer shampoo when the first goal went in knew it wasn't piss as it wasn't warm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

McNulty confirms on his post match presser that their right back was subjected to racist slurs. 

Disgusting. 

These people need to take hard look at there selves and hopefully they find them and prosecute these  idiots no need for this at all..It really does put shame on our club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

It was our lot.

When we scored the fourth, about 4 lads jumped up from the home end and ran onto the pitch. Which understandably the Dale fans didn’t like, and it kicked off. Then our lot ran over from our end to get involved. 

Stupid and pathetic. 

You’re not wrong but I saw it slightly differently.

Two Oldham fans, one in a yellow jacket and a kid maybe about 15 were getting beat up and a load of our lot ran over to jump in. Do you could arguing they were helping our fans in their hour of need. That said they probably didn’t need much encouragement.

Some fans ( loosely said ) were a disgrace today & it seems that a certain number were obviously only there for trouble.

Think both teams & the police need to learn because these were scenes from the 70/80s that we don’t want returning .

1 - Latics were responsible for part for selling tickets on open sale from the start , crazy.

2  - Dale for putting 4 stewards in front of the stand with over 3000 fans in it -

really !!!!!! Latics had more in Chaddy end watching home fans last week.

3 - Police , didn’t appear on site until there was trouble - far too late.

Also they should have kept us in for 15 mins at the end . They allowed all the Latics fans to walk down past the Dale fans exiting at the same time then wonder why it all kicks off.

Having said that , we must try and identify these idiots who call themselves fans and get them barred. They are just giving the majority of true Latics fans and the club a bad reputation.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

This... We go to quite a lot of aways and when tickets flew out the door as quickly as they did first thing we said is this isn't going to end well. Noticeable there was a lot of people of a certain age there today in their Stoneys. Didn't help the amount of people bringing a pint in from the bar that stewards seemed to not be arsed with, I got a beer shampoo when the first goal went in knew it wasn't piss as it wasn't warm. 

This also.

One thing this game and Chesterfield have in common is appalling stewarding. I could have told you the trouble would be in both corners of the stand where we are next to opposing fans. There were only about 5 stewards for the whole of the stand at first with nothing in the corners until the goals started to go in.

The Rochdale stewards actually ended up having a proper dust up with their own supporters in the first half and our fans were blatantly drinking in full sight of the pitch.

Lots of posts about bad behaviour-not condoning it. Hell it is the society we live in now it but it should and could  have been managed much better.

Some awful scenes today and both clubs, small sections of both sets of fans and gmp are all responsible. Stewards were absolutely useless. Stood by and did nothing when Dales schooligans were kicking the hoardings in and constantly throwing coins and objects at latics fans. It would appear there were sets of wankers in all four stands today. They need identifying so they cant attend games again

• Like 2

A shame that a load of dick heads who probably don't usually bother, got tickets and lots of season ticket holders didn't. Club may well pay for that cock up. 

Conceded 3 poor goals, which isn't great.

I've been sticking up for Sutton because I think he's a young lad doing a good job out of position but he was abysmal today. Every time they got the ball it went straight to his wing because they knew that neither him or Green could stop them. We HAVE to sign a RB if we realistically want to make the playoffs. 

Didn't think Norwood did much again today but still scored so not really going to complain. 

Was nice to see Hope back, thought he had a good game. 

Energy and work rate was high but passing was sloppy, lots of stray balls going to the opposition. 

All in all, absolute corker of a game, brilliant atmosphere and huge 3 points. A day that will live long in the memory. 

• Like 1

Don’t get why anyone who comes through the youth team gets protection or made out as some hero playing for  out of position. If we signed Sutton he would be slated. Good enough or not, simple. As for the stewards there paid prob min wages, would you jump in for that? I know I wouldn’t not there fault no matter what happens!

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Don’t get why anyone who comes through the youth team gets protection or made out as some hero playing for  out of position. If we signed Sutton he would be slated. Good enough or not, simple. As for the stewards there paid prob min wages, would you jump in for that? I know I wouldn’t not there fault no matter what happens!

Wouldn't say people on here are easy on him, probably giving him  a little leeway for playing out of position.

I haven't heard anyone saying he should be a first choice at full back so we definitely need one asap as Green provides little support.

I'd find it incredible if people were castigating Sutton, he's doing his best in a position he shouldn't be playing. It's absolutely ludicrous that he's still playing it though, it's been nearly a year and the problem should have been fixed by the club. If Freeman isn't in the answer for whatever reason, another one needs to be found.

Sutton can be judged as a CB, a position where he has generally always impressed.

• Like 2

There’s a belief about us at the minute. 

Even we went 2-2 we immediately set about them again, when it would’ve been easy to go into our shells after letting the lead slip. I think Chesterfield and Barnet are out of reach, but that 3rd spot and an easier run in the payoffs is definitely up for grabs. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I'd find it incredible if people were castigating Sutton, he's doing his best in a position he shouldn't be playing. It's absolutely ludicrous that he's still playing it though, it's been nearly a year and the problem should have been fixed by the club. If Freeman isn't in the answer for whatever reason, another one needs to be found.

Sutton can be judged as a CB, a position where he has generally always impressed.

His spell at RB should make him a better CB too.

Their 3rd goal was caused by a Kitching error but teams recognise Sutton is our weakness and focus their attacks down that side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

It was our lot.

When we scored the fourth, about 4 lads jumped up from the home end and ran onto the pitch. Which understandably the Dale fans didn’t like, and it kicked off. Then our lot ran over from our end to get involved. 

Stupid and pathetic. 

Did you not see the father and young son getting filled in by a load of old Rochdale fans in the home end (seating behind the goal) just pipe down a bit ffs, that’s why some went on the pitch to try an stop it, because the stewards did nothing while his 15 son was being punched all over the stand….

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kev1970 said:

These people need to take hard look at there selves and hopefully they find them and prosecute these  idiots no need for this at all..It really does put shame on our club.

I was sat 2 yards from this and never heard nobody say anything, yet 5mins later when booing him,he stuck his tongue out and was laughing at everyone!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oafc11 said:

Did you not see the father and young son getting filled in by a load of old Rochdale fans in the home end (seating behind the goal) just pipe down a bit ffs, that’s why some went on the pitch to try an stop it, because the stewards did nothing while his 15 son was being punched all over the stand….

Pipe down. . . 😂😂

You must have had a great view from 80/90 yards away. .

I was sat about 10 feet away from it, as I watching the game with my dad- and there was no problems in the Dale end until we scored the fourth. . 3/4 Latics fans/lads jumped up -celebrated- then ran on the pitch- which pissed the Dale fans off and their mates who were still in stand got a kicking off the Dale fans. (Which I don’t condone but you run the risk of trouble if you do that) Then our lot coming running over- mostly middle aged men, to defend their stupidity. 

Anyone fighting at a game needs to have a look at themselves.  But if our fans don’t jump up in a home end and run onto the pitch, nothing happens. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Oafc11 said:

I was sat 2 yards from this and never heard nobody say anything, yet 5mins later when booing him,he stuck his tongue out and was laughing at everyone!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

TBH if I'd had been racially abused by a fan at a football game that might be my reaction next time I was in that vicinity too.

Of course as with Adeyemi at Anfield it could be a simple mishearing and he heard Dale (or some other term Oldham associate with Dale) c**t as opposed to something racist.

Until you've been abused in a public setting by complete strangers you don't know how you'd react. As someone who was heavily abused on social media when I had my 15 minutes, the only one I reacted to was the one who identified the fact.

Edited by rudemedic

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

TBH if I'd had been racially abused by a fan at a football game that might be my reaction next time I was in that vicinity too.

Of course as with Adeyemi at Anfield it could be a simple mishearing and he heard Dale (or some other term Oldham associate with Dale) c**t as opposed to something racist.

Until you've been abused in a public setting by complete strangers you don't know how you'd react. As someone who was heavily abused on social media when I had my 15 minutes, the only one I reacted to was the one who identified the fact.

I’m just saying, it just wasn’t myself who heard nothing, many around me was saying the same thing and was quite bemused by what was going on

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Pipe down. . . 😂😂

You must have had a great view from 80/90 yards away. .

I was sat about 10 feet away from it, as I watching the game with my dad- and there was no problems in the Dale end until we scored the fourth. . 3/4 Latics fans/lads jumped up -celebrated- then ran on the pitch- which pissed the Dale fans off and their mates who were still in stand got a kicking off the Dale fans. (Which I don’t condone but you run the risk of trouble if you do that) Then our lot coming running over- mostly middle aged men, to defend their stupidity. 

Anyone fighting at a game needs to have a look at themselves.  But if our fans don’t jump up in a home end and run onto the pitch, nothing happens. 

Agree about the numpties nearly getting the game stopped, but the way they was slapping the young lad around was a joke, him and is dad was sat down in there seats when they were set upon 

• Like 1

A long day and a long game. A lot dissect and I've definitely had too much to drink to do it tonight .

Hope the poor lad who got trampled by the cops outside is OK. Absolutely out of order, but not unexpected by GMP. I'll be putting a complaint in as I hope every who saw it does. Fuck GMP, absolute scum

• Like 1