MATCH: Rochdale (A) 21/10/23

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Was it mainly our idiots or a mixture ? 

It was our lot.

When we scored the fourth, about 4 lads jumped up from the home end and ran onto the pitch. Which understandably the Dale fans didn’t like, and it kicked off. Then our lot ran over from our end to get involved. 

Stupid and pathetic. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

It was our lot.

When we scored the fourth, about 4 lads jumped up from the home end and ran onto the pitch. Which understandably the Dale fans didn’t like, and it kicked off. Then our lot ran over from our end to get involved. 

Stupid and pathetic. 

Fucking morons 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We MUST get a right back

good win hard fought but by god that was bad from Sutton. I think poss the worst right back performance I’ve ever seen at latics. Truly horrific. Needs replacing immediately 

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

good win hard fought but by god that was bad from Sutton. I think poss the worst right back performance I’ve ever seen at latics. Truly horrific. Needs replacing immediately 

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with Freeman ???????????????

Hudson's distribution is appalling, saying that made two or three top saves to keep us in front, still think the better keeper is on the bench.

Sutton was fucking awful today, I've defended him so far but that was fucking embarrassing today, made the wrong decision time after time and looked out of his depth, he needs a rest as surely we have a player on the books who can do a better job, he was only trumped by their substitute right back who was even shitter.

Hogan my man of the match last week was also awful today, won a few in the air but dreadful on the floor and made a few mistakes which put us under pressure.

Hobson defended well but distribution piss poor, Kitching got up and down well but went missing for a couple of Dale's goals.

Sheron solid enough at both ends of the pitch, good goal and some timely interceptions, got through some running as well.

Lundstrum is getting there, some nice touches and he's comfortable on the ball particularly under pressure, drove us forward well at times but it was criminal he didn't slide Norwood in in the first half.

Green got a goal but largely disappointed me, slightly better than recent weeks but he could still offer more, should have scored a sitter first half as well.

McGahey solid today, isn't as mobile as you'd like and got caught a couple of times in possession but only is second game back and another 90 minutes.

Hope took his goal well and worked hard, he can contribute at this level and did okay on his return. 

Norwood looks frustrated, put some shift in but nothing seems to be dropping for him at the minute, that'll change though and he still managed to score, referees seem to give him fuck all as well for some reason.

All in all great result, nob heads day out as predicted, we do have some complete bellend fans who are a fucking embarrassment. Other than Sutton and Hogan I thought we did well as a team but still plenty to work on particularly defensively.

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

It’s not his fault- because it’s not his  position, and it’s exposing all his weakness. He isn’t quick enough, is poor on the half turn and his crossing isn’t good enough. But again, not his fault because what the position needs isn’t his game. 

Feel for him. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s not his fault- because it’s not his  position, and it’s exposing all his weakness. He isn’t quick enough, is poor on the half turn and his crossing isn’t good enough. But again, not his fault because what the position needs isn’t his game. 

Feel for him. 

Agree with this and I know he will go on and play in his favoured position at an higher level but we are just exposing him now, particularly with Green in front of him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Until they are identified they we will keep coming back for more, it's frustrating knowing it will happen time and time again. 

This is not the 1980s - with all the technology available today surely these moronic cretins who claim to support our club in such a negative and embarrassing fashion can be identified and prevented from attending another game until they can behave (ie, ever!). These are likely the same idiots that will be calling out the players and manager as soon as we don’t win a game.

If the police and club cannot pick them out then they need to be ‘outed’ by genuine supporters who know who they are - before we all suffer the consequences!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JED said:

This is not the 1980s - with all the technology available today surely these moronic cretins who claim to support our club in such a negative and embarrassing fashion can be identified and prevented from attending another game until they can behave (ie, ever!). These are likely the same idiots that will be calling out the players and manager as soon as we don’t win a game.

If the police and club cannot pick them out then they need to be ‘outed’ by genuine supporters who know who they are - before we all suffer the consequences!

I couldn't make today's game, but I reckon I wouldn't have known who they are, chances are they only attend certain away games where they can "fuel up" and have "a bit of a ruck". Doesn't only give the club a bad name but also tends to tar all supporters with the same brush. 

12 minutes ago, JED said:

I imagine if they've made it onto the pitch and had abit of a ruck even if they've managed to make it back home without being arrested then they will be getting a knock on the door very soon. They will have enough CCTV evidence to get a conviction don't worry about that.

36 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Feel for him. 

I’m a little bit with u on this that he is out of position. But….he’s played a fair bit there now and positionally he’s still all over the place. Passing, terrible. Just not good enough for me. Not a chance he’ll get a game at centre back over hogan raglan and Hobson or mcgahey. Hopefully won’t get a game at right back after that as well. 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I couldn't make today's game, but I reckon I wouldn't have known who they are, chances are they only attend certain away games where they can "fuel up" and have "a bit of a ruck". Doesn't only give the club a bad name but also tends to tar all supporters with the same brush. 

I wasn’t there today either, though I was at Chesterfield and that was no doubt the same individuals. I did listen to the BBC radio Manchester commentary though and I was ashamed to be associated with this behaviour. Do you remember when we were everyone’s second favourite team?

As for the commentary, for a local derby (and therefore responsible for BOTH teams), they did seem to have sympathies and enthusiasm for the home team! 

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I imagine if they've made it onto the pitch and had abit of a ruck even if they've managed to make it back home without being arrested then they will be getting a knock on the door very soon. They will have enough CCTV evidence to get a conviction don't worry about that.

Wasn't exactly the same said after we played Chesterfield?