Norwood

50 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Did Norwood get carded for dissent on Saturday then? There was a moment where Alty players surrounded the ref after they got given a free kick but ref did nothing so I thought they'd relaxed that rule. It was completely opposite to how Kitching was dealt with against York (I think).

He got a yellow for a borderline red challenge but had previously been warned by the ref via his captain to stfu !

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Jeered off. 

Missed two chances. 

Anonymous otherwise.

Looks like he doesn't want to be here. Any of our other strikers would have more hunger. 

I'm not a fan... 

I keep wondering if his attitude is affecting team spirit, he appears to blame everyone but himself.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I keep wondering if his attitude is affecting team spirit, he appears to blame everyone but himself.

I’d have an attitude with the lack of service he is getting.

It’s utterly ridiculous a section of the fan base, are trying to oust a lad who’s got pedigree in this league, our top scorer and purely because he doesn’t run around a lot or smile loads. Give it a rest, utterly embarrassing. 

Edited by adamoafc
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Jeered off. 

Missed two chances. 

Anonymous otherwise.

Looks like he doesn't want to be here. Any of our other strikers would have more hunger. 

I'm not a fan... 

I would suggest that Norwood is the least of our problems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I’d have an attitude with the lack of service he is getting.

It’s utterly ridiculous as a fan base we are trying to oust a lad who’s got pedigree in this league, our top scorer and purely because he doesn’t run around a lot or smile loads. Give it a rest, utterly embarrassing. 

How is the fan base trying to oust him?

a cop of people on here have questioned him, as is their right, whilst most fans are firmly behind him.

As usual, a few becomes everyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

How is the fan base trying to oust him?

a cop of people on here have questioned him, as is their right, whilst most fans are firmly behind him.

As usual, a few becomes everyone.

Not just on here I’m seeing it, a section of the fan base would be more accurate 👍

3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Not just on here I’m seeing it, a section of the fan base would be more accurate 👍

Self sabotage. Baffled how anyone can even suggest he’s an issue. Saying that, the constant running onto the pitch shows the mental capacity of some of our fanbase.. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

Jeered off. 

Missed two chances. 

Anonymous otherwise.

I'm not a fan... 

I'll have a nibble here at a respectable poster. He's scored 7 in 13 in the League. He's fed off scraps from players like Devarn Green and still comes up with goals on a regular basis. I think he's alright...

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'll have a nibble here at a respectable poster. He's scored 7 in 13 in the League. He's fed off scraps from players like Devarn Green and still comes up with goals on a regular basis. I think he's alright...

I think he's an asset when things are going well, but I wouldn't want him beside me in the trenches...

We're phased by his previous record.  We didn't create much today, apart from two really good chances that fell to our golden boy... which he missed. 

I think he thinks he's made a mistake coming here and he thinks goals would be laid on a plate for him.  Probably our most talented player but useless in a team on a different wavelength. No hunger. I'd rather have Big Mike and Reid starting....

Edited by JoeP

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think he's an asset when things are going well, but I wouldn't want him beside me in the trenches...

We're phased by his previous record.  We didn't create much today, apart from two really good chances that fell to our golden boy... which he missed. 

I think he thinks he's made a mistake coming here and he thinks goals would be laid on a plate for him.  Probably our most talented player but useless in a team on a different wavelength. No hunger. I'd rather have Big Mike and Reid starting....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Come on - we both know you're better than that and can use proper words. 

The floor is yours...

Fondop has only reached double figures three times in his career. 11 last year and 10 the other times prior to that at the start of his career. Dropping Norwood for Fondop is ridiculous. 

Norwoods feeding off scraps and still got a 1 in 2 ratio! Imagine what he could do with proper service! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Fondop has only reached double figures three times in his career. 11 last year and 10 the other times prior to that at the start of his career. Dropping Norwood for Fondop is ridiculous. 

Norwoods feeding off scraps and still got a 1 in 2 ratio! Imagine what he could do with proper service! 

Yep, I hear what you're saying and I'm not arguing with the stats.

In a good team, he's probably the best finisher at the club (I say probably... any other player misses the two chances he missed yesterday and they get absolute pelters... unfortunately his previous reputation is of jack shit value to us now), but we're not a good team and we need someone who can do more than "just" finish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Yep, I hear what you're saying and I'm not arguing with the stats.

In a good team, he's probably the best finisher at the club (I say probably... any other player misses the two chances he missed yesterday and they get absolute pelters... unfortunately his previous reputation is of jack shit value to us now), but we're not a good team and we need someone who can do more than "just" finish. 

So you would rather Fondop hold the ball up but not score half as many? I don’t get the logic in that. Norwood needs better quality next to him. Starting Reid for a few games like he has done Nuttall for me. His goals from previous clubs shows give him a run and he will score. Additions sadly needed all over.

This new model of recruitment hasn’t worked. 

12 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

So you would rather Fondop hold the ball up but not score half as many? I don’t get the logic in that. Norwood needs better quality next to him. Starting Reid for a few games like he has done Nuttall for me. His goals from previous clubs shows give him a run and he will score. Additions sadly needed all over.

This new model of recruitment hasn’t worked. 

I’m in the middle with Norwood. He’d be in my team every week as he’s better than the other strikers we have, and if we created more chances he’d score more goals. But he has to do more.

I don’t get the ‘he’s our leading scorer’ argument in his defence either. The main striker should always be the top scorer, especially as he starts pretty much every game. Seven goals is nothing spectacular anyway. Look at the leading goalscorers list in our division, and there’s plenty on more than him playing for lesser teams.

We need to find a way to get the best out of Norwood, but he also has to get the best out of us.

I’m definitely in the Norwood in camp, but he must do better.

13 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

James Norwood, an experienced striker who has scored goals at every club he’s been at including playing in multiple successful teams is the problem. 

Give your head a wobble. Baffling. 

If you were at Newport yesterday…

You would have seen an experienced striker put the ball wide of goal when he should have scored first half, hesitate and fail to get his shot away when through on goal second half.

You would have seen a player on his heels for a lot of the game, often not challenging for the ball when played forward.

There is no denying that he can score goals but yesterday was not his finest performance by a long way.