Norwood

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

What’s all this ‘corrected you already’?

They are just stats pal.

You've already undermined any credibility you have with your previous posts. File under ‘B’ for talks ‘Bollox’ I think 👍

The stats you are producing are factually incorrect. 
But yeah, I am the one talking bollocks.

The truth doesn’t support your narrative buddy.  

I think it is probably fair to say at this point that he has been a disappointment so far. I'm sure that's partly down to lack of service but not sure he does himself justice sometimes too. Maybe our expectations were too high, I really thought this was going to be our biggest and best signing in years. We're just a graveyard for strikers aren't we? Depressing 

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I think it is probably fair to say at this point that he has been a disappointment so far. I'm sure that's partly down to lack of service but not sure he does himself justice sometimes too. Maybe our expectations were too high, I really thought this was going to be our biggest and best signing in years. We're just a graveyard for strikers aren't we? Depressing 

He will get 20. Not a graveyard. 

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You going to admit your stats are deliberately incorrect to support your narrative ? That wouldn’t suit your look at me attitude though would it. 

Go on then, what’s incorrect by his stats? I’ve no idea who’s right or wrong, but what are the true goal scoring facts for the two?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Go on then, what’s incorrect by his stats? I’ve no idea who’s right or wrong, but what are the true goal scoring facts for the two?

Sure, so he’s counting 3 x 30mins appearances as 3 full appearances to support his narrative. 

Just to add, the minute per game is correct. 

I have no issue with Reid and I think him and Norwood are the best partnership. But Reid has been used as an impact sub mainly. So his mins per goal will inevitably be lower. 

People just can’t wait for Norwood to fail. Shouting a narrative that he is when he’s on track to get 20 this season in what’s been a shit Oldham team. It’s embarrassing. 

Edited by LightDN123

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Sure, so he’s counting 3 x 30mins appearances as 3 full appearances to support his narrative. 

It’s impossible to count 30 minutes on the pitch as a full appearance - so clearly I am not doing so. Btw - Only 2 of his 5 were scored when he came on as a sub.

’Narrative’? Wtf?

It’s minutes per goal - and it is isn’t it?

I have no issue with Reid and I think him and Norwood are the best partnership. But Reid has been used as an impact sub mainly. So his mins per goal will inevitably be lower. 
So it is also a correct stat 🙄

People just can’t wait for Norwood to fail. Shouting a narrative that he is when he’s on track to get 20 this season in what’s been a shit Oldham team. It’s embarrassing. 

Nothing at all with wanting to see Norwood fail - that’s your ‘narrative’ probably…

The original post stated that “I’ve yet to see the Norwood” that you describe. I stand by that. 
Or are you saying that we have seen the best of him this season? I reckon if you asked Norwood himself his answer would be similar to mine.

Don’t be embarrassed by your stance - you have just as much right to your opinion as anyone else 👍

see inline

Edited by TheBigDog

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I’m not sure your assumption that “coming on as an impact sub means you will necessarily score more and hence have a lower minutes per goal stat” actually holds up to scrutiny.  That needs some real statistical analysis.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I’m not sure your assumption that “coming on as an impact sub means you will necessarily score more and hence have a lower minutes per goal stat” actually holds up to scrutiny.  That needs some real statistical analysis.

Suppose you could argue that the defenders are a bit knackered later on in the game but it'd be a hard thing to quantify.

• Like 1

Stats argument aside I think we can all agree Norwood and Reid need to have a few games together to build a potential partnership. 

I wanted Willoughby to be given a crack with Norwood but Reid is scoring and seems to have a bit more about him from what we have seen so we should run with the 2 (Norwood and Reid) for a few games. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If only we had some creativity behind him… 

This is the biggest issue for me. There is absolutely no creativity in this team. We pass it around aimlessly with no urgency. We allow teams to get back behind the ball which means we then struggle to break them down and create chances. The sooner we get someone in the middle who can find a killer pass, the better

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Stats argument aside I think we can all agree Norwood and Reid need to have a few games together to build a potential partnership. 

I wanted Willoughby to be given a crack with Norwood but Reid is scoring and seems to have a bit more about him from what we have seen so we should run with the 2 (Norwood and Reid) for a few games. 

Reid has been scoring the goals lately but I’m not sure he’s the answer long term. He’s very lightweight and gets knocked off the ball far too easily.

Like Fondop I think he’d be better as an impact player.

I still don’t think we have a proper partner for Norwood although I thought Willoughby did well when he came on and perhaps could play wide left in a 442?

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Reid has been scoring the goals lately but I’m not sure he’s the answer long term. He’s very lightweight and gets knocked off the ball far too easily.

I still don’t think we have a proper partner for Norwood although I thought Willoughby did well when he came on and perhaps could play wide left in a 442?

I agree, as crazy as it sounds with 5 forwards. Lost count of the amount of crosses , decent ones aswell with nobody meeting them. Someone Matt Smith esque. 

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yeah I mean with what we currently have. I agree Reid does seem better as an impact player but with our current crop I’d run with him and Norwood as a front 2 for a few games

52 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This. With some decent finishing we 3-1/4-1 yesterday. 

Which I think is a better place to be than blagging points because the opposition have missed the chances...

It definitely isn't just the lack of creativity that's the issue with Norwood.  He's mis-controlling balls and is as guilty of bad passing as anyone else.  I don't think he's really enjoying his football at the moment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Which I think is a better place to be than blagging points because the opposition have missed the chances...

It definitely isn't just the lack of creativity that's the issue with Norwood.  He's mis-controlling balls and is as guilty of bad passing as anyone else.  I don't think he's really enjoying his football at the moment.

100% spot on - for whatever reason, he seems to be struggling at the moment. 

I hope that he comes through it  soon 👍

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Oh I totally agree, as for Norwood yesterday was possibly his worst game for us, even some of the runs he made were really pointless as the player with the ball would have had to have been Messi like to spot it. 

I agree with @JoeP on his comments on Norwood. I actually thought Norwood had one of his better games too yesterday. He looks a better player when he tries to lay things off first time rather than having a touch. Special mention to Kurt who had a good cameo, hopefully gets some more game time.